eKRvBhD.png

Fai22t9.png

AtKavgl.png

JulCp7v.png

rCLQCjc.png

pq3lOTZ.png

RlQDYzR.png

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Will miss this game tonight. We should def win this game. Ottawa played last night and took it to a SO. So we should be able to score a lot on them tonight.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Ottawa played yesterday but I don't trust the team to be able to take advantage of that the way most otjer teams would. Hopefully last game was humiliating enough for the team not to want it to happen again and they'll come out flying but who knows anymore.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I'm going to go ahead and predict lines 1&3 will be a gongshow.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
I'll be at this game. Look for me on TV gents. Wearing the blue home jersey with a Lightning hooded jacket on top of it.

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
Boy our lines are a mess right now. Outside of TKO, everyone is getting moved constantly. We need to just leave Drouin and Stammer (and Cally) together and keep killer on the third line. He looked good with flip and Cally.

Hopefully Friday woke up the boys a little bit. We need Bishop to get back into form here, cause the standings are keeping tight now.

c_robio

Feb 3, 2006

Maybe Cooper's next move will be to swap Drouin and Connolly.

I think the KFC line won't really miss a beat with Paquette instead of Killorn. Looking forward to seeing that line tonight.

I worry Stamkos will go back to being a playmaker with Killorn and Connolly but it will be interesting.
Killorn didn't look good with Stamkos and Callahan but that might just be because there was no playmaker on the line. If Drouin was carrying/distributing, Stamkos finding open space, and Killorn creating space and traffic at the net it could be an effective line without breaking up Callahan and Filppula who look great together

Stormbreaker

Apr 2, 2012
Joe Smith @TBTimes_JSmith
Cooper said Gudas (lower body) going back to Tampa to get evaluated. Nesterov in tonight.
Erik Erlendsson @erlendssonTBO
Cooper said Gudas returned to Tampa to get evaluated, no time table for his return #TBLightning
Erik Erlendsson @erlendssonTBO
Nesterov will play his 2nd career game, Barberio and Brown will sit #TBLightning

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Maybe Cooper's next move will be to swap Drouin and Connolly.

I think the KFC line won't really miss a beat with Paquette instead of Killorn. Looking forward to seeing that line tonight.

I worry Stamkos will go back to being a playmaker with Killorn and Connolly but it will be interesting.
Killorn didn't look good with Stamkos and Callahan but that might just be because there was no playmaker on the line. If Drouin was carrying/distributing, Stamkos finding open space, and Killorn creating space and traffic at the net it could be an effective line without breaking up Callahan and Filppula who look great together

I believe that's true. Killorn played the best hockey of his life with Stamkos/MSL last year, and he wasn't a passenger on that line. When he has a defined role, and when it's a role he's capable of playing, he excels. If his line has a sniper and a playmaker, Killer is adequate at doing the dirty work.

That said, I'm not expecting much from the line because Connolly is not that playmaker. So I'm not all that confident the "good" Stamkos will show up.

I'm with you on the PFC line though. Paquette's a little slower than Killer, but he's perfectly suited to that role, so that line should be fine.

However, if they would move Drouin to that line, 3LW, we could finally have a DFC line. ;)

JS91

May 14, 2014
Aand Drouin is back on the 4th. For reals Coop. One bad game from the entire team doesn't mean that you have to throw the rookie who didn't even play that bad to the 4th line. Here's hoping that TKO will carry us once again. Flip and Cally might be able to do something too, but that 1st line is just lost cause.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I believe that's true. Killorn played the best hockey of his life with Stamkos/MSL last year, and he wasn't a passenger on that line. When he has a defined role, and when it's a role he's capable of playing, he excels. If his line has a sniper and a playmaker, Killer is adequate at doing the dirty work.

That said, I'm not expecting much from the line because Connolly is not that playmaker. So I'm not all that confident the "good" Stamkos will show up.

I'm with you on the PFC line though. Paquette's a little slower than Killer, but he's perfectly suited to that role, so that line should be fine.

However, if they would move Drouin to that line, 3LW, we could finally have a DFC line. ;)

It's why I thought Drouin with Stamkos and cally was a good promising line. In the short time they were together they scored a few goals. Cally was doing his dirty work to get the puck out and Drouin setting up Stamkos while cally crashes the net.

Lol DFC line. That line would become more of a second line than a shutdown line, but would be a good line for scoring. We may see it, by now we likely broke the league record in line combos lol.

c_robio

Feb 3, 2006

Well if Paquette fits with Filppula and Callahan, and Connolly doesn't work on the Stamkos line then maybe moving Drouin to RW is the answer.

He never played RW in Halifax but I noticed he's played some games this season at RW on the 3rd and 4th line. He does tend to prefer carrying the puck into the offensive zone on the right side so the only thing he might need is more experience at breakouts on his offwing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad