GDT: 1/30 Sharks @ Flames 6pm PT

HOOCH2173

That HOOCH is Crazy!
Nov 24, 2009
Lake Forest
Probably mentioned in earlier posts but CI left me with Flames Broadcasters. I feel asleep listening to them. Man do they bore the crap out of you.

It got so bad (despite Flames scoring) that I turned it off.

Good thing too. after I saw the final score.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
I was hoping this team could hit 500 with Couture out. They over achieved and should have beaten the Oilers and were tired last night as T-Mac said.

Plus the Havlat curse.

Good Job Boys!

HOOCH2173

That HOOCH is Crazy!
Nov 24, 2009
Lake Forest
Oh I got it!

I think the boys know to play very horribly with Havlat in the line up so that DW has no choice but to ship him off!

it's all a ploy to remove Havlat from the equation!

"That's some killer smoke bud!"

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
The team has overachived given the extent of their injuries. I am quite pleased with their sideways movements considering.

I had a couple of WTF moments watching Stalock's movement around 2 of the goals last night - still not sure what he was thinking given how he covered the net just before the goals.

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
Only on the Sharks board does this happen. It's 3 losses yet we're till an upper echelon team in the league. Once we get some health back it'll all be back to normal.

A) It happens on every board

B) It is an individual making a statement, not a group doing so. He is no more representative of our group opinion than I am. Attributing his opinion to the group as a whole is worse than what he just did.

So let's just cut it out with the hyperbole and "I told you so's". I think we can all agree that would make this a better place to hang out yes?

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Probably mentioned in earlier posts but CI left me with Flames Broadcasters. I feel asleep listening to them. Man do they bore the crap out of you.

It got so bad (despite Flames scoring) that I turned it off.

Good thing too. after I saw the final score.

"He shoots... Skiiores"

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
After a night to shake it off, i'm not upset. Just as Pav's pace wasnt sustainable, neither is the way the shots are going right now for the sharks. Ebbs and flows.

As a wise man once said "That's the way she goes. That's the ****ing way she goes"

Timo Time

73-9
Feb 21, 2012
San Jose, CA
A) It happens on every board

B) It is an individual making a statement, not a group doing so. He is no more representative of our group opinion than I am. Attributing his opinion to the group as a whole is worse than what he just did.

So let's just cut it out with the hyperbole and "I told you so's". I think we can all agree that would make this a better place to hang out yes?

It was more-or-less sarcasm. But what this team did despite their injuries was still enough to keep them in a good position standings wise. With Couture coming back for these last games before Olympics it will be huge to bank a few more points.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
I dunno, i'm kind of concerned that the top line didn't really even generate dangerous chances this last game. gonna attribute that to just a dud game, i suppose.

Timo Time

73-9
Feb 21, 2012
San Jose, CA
Nieto/Havlat-Thornton-Burns
Marleau-Couture-Wingels
Torres-Pavelski-Kennedy
Sheppard-Desi-Brown

Could maybe even knock Kennedy down to the 4th and insert one of Nieto or Havlat there as well. But this would my idea for rolling lines IMHO. Depending on whether DW see's an upgrade on D or 1 more winger.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I recorded the game last night but turned it off when I accidentally found out the score. I have some things going on in my life where I just didn't care about the game last night. I'm glad Hayes scored a goal though, but this team has gone so dry lately. The Olympic Break can't happen soon enough.

RainbowDash

20% Cooler
Jan 25, 2010
Equestria
I dunno, while it seems easy to just brush this off. You guys can't possibly be pleased with the fact that we're seeing the same ole' Sharks where some scrub teams just clog the neutral zone and get in the way of shots all day long. Sit back just try to win solely on counter attacking to win the game.

The Sharks and coaching staff have this tendency to fall for these nonsense systems. You don't ****ing lose games against teams where they only block shots all night long. It does not matter what kind of damn night their goaltender is having.

I've been preaching this for ****ing years already that the coaching staff needs to stop being so ****ing stubborn and choke the ****ing life out of them in the NZ, too. Do it until you score a few goals and then they have no choice but to wise up and cannot play defensive hockey anymore. We are the only ****ing team in this league that allows anybody to just come across our blue line uncontested.

It is really annoying that we lost 4 points because Todd won't adjust anything other then change line combinations like a slot machine.

DarrylshutzSydor

Aug 9, 2007
California
Terrible positioning by Stalock on that 2nd goal. No clue what he was thinking pulling a 360 like that. Push off your left skate and get in position for the puck coming out on the other side of the net. Simple stuff.

Does Boyle want to start playing defense any time soon?

I thought the same thing at first, but then realized Stalock was anticipating the puck coming off of the glass behind and then over the net right at him and possibly going in off of his back. That's why he got caught turning and facing the net (an absolute no-no in goalie 101). Bad break.....

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
What a bad loss. I'm done with this team and their sideways movements.

Me too, until the hangover from all that bourbon last night wears off. Then I will be good to go, and ready to have the Sharks roll on.

I agree with a previous poster from last night saying that Stalock flops around too much. Last night's game opened up to what Stalock needs to improve which is efficient moves. Efficient meaning making the most minimal needed, and keeping the shoulders squared up facing the puck.

We saw a great example on the 2nd goal I believe where the Flames banked the puck off the boards in the back. Stalock turned the long way to go from left to right. It also caused him to put his back to the play briefly. Niemi does not make that kind of mistake.

The 3rd goal was a soft, 5-holer, correct? Stalock should have made that one as well.

Overall, he had some great saves. He just needs more development.

Darn Sharks. They drive me to drink'n when they stop drive'n that hot rod lincoln.

DarrylshutzSydor

Aug 9, 2007
California
Me too, until the hangover from all that bourbon last night wears off. Then I will be good to go, and ready to have the Sharks roll on.

I agree with a previous poster from last night saying that Stalock flops around too much. Last night's game opened up to what Stalock needs to improve which is efficient moves. Efficient meaning making the most minimal needed, and keeping the shoulders squared up facing the puck.

We saw a great example on the 2nd goal I believe where the Flames banked the puck off the boards in the back. Stalock turned the long way to go from left to right. It also caused him to put his back to the play briefly. Niemi does not make that kind of mistake.

The 3rd goal was a soft, 5-holer, correct? Stalock should have made that one as well.

Overall, he had some great saves. He just needs more development.

Darn Sharks. They drive me to drink'n when they stop drive'n that hot rod lincoln.

again, see above comment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad