Pre-Game Talk: 1/3/15 Buffalo @ NYR 7:00 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
Its January. Good teams should have that "must win" mentality all the time. We pissed some points away in the beginning of the season and we need to get them back. A bad team like Buffalo should be a team we take 2 points from. Plus Washington won, i don't feel like chasing them all year and next thing you know, it comes down to the last week of the season. No thanks

This. Our playoff position is very far from secure at this point. Can't be dropping points to putrid teams like Buffalo.

*Bob Richards*

It's not technically a "must win" game, but our schedule this month is brutal. Ducks, Kings, Sharks, Islanders x2, Boston, Columbus, Pittsburgh and Montreal will be played.

It'd be nice to just win this one.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
you gotta play hank

you don't want to go 6 days between starts then have to play in Anaheim and LA

my guess is hank goes tomorrow then in Anaheim and Talbot gets the LA game on the back to back (although I know it will kill him not playing in that one)

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
We've manhanlded the sharks every game other than that one disaster last year. Boston is playing like they want to miss the playoffs, beaten montreal, beaten pittsburgh.

So all in all i'm not "that" worried but it will still be a challenge.

Waivers

Sep 27, 2013
NY
We need to beat the teams we're supposed to beat. We have already showed that we can be a consistent top team in the NHL by blowing the doors off of Montreal, Pittsburgh, and San Jose by 5+ goals and no goals allowed - every game matters.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Its January. Good teams should have that "must win" mentality all the time. We pissed some points away in the beginning of the season and we need to get them back. A bad team like Buffalo should be a team we take 2 points from. Plus Washington won, i don't feel like chasing them all year and next thing you know, it comes down to the last week of the season. No thanks

Having a must win mentality is not the same as having a must win game. That should be pretty clear, otherwise the first win of the season would be a "must win".

That said, just win!

NYRangerFan*

Having a must win mentality is not the same as having a must win game. That should be pretty clear, otherwise the first win of the season would be a "must win".

That said, just win!

What i mean is that they should always take every game as a must win. If they wake up tomorrow and say "Buffalo sucks so we can take them lightly" then they already lost. Hopefully the guys want to win every game. Gotta develop some killer instinct and beat teams we should beat and when we are beating them, continue to do so instead of letting up.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
This. Our playoff position is very far from secure at this point. Can't be dropping points to putrid teams like Buffalo.

Are you "really" worried about that? There is just NO WAY this team isn't making PO's. I'd bet my house. In fact, I think there's a chance to still take 1st. Pitt just needs have a little losing streak and we'll be right there. The Islanders are good now, don't see them falling apart, but they're NOT in our class, not now anyway.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Oh and btw, we were fortunate getting snowed out back then......but NOW, we'we'll take it to them. Just hoping we don't do that jeckly/hyde thing. Really want a Rangers trouncing of Buffalo.

Calling Zuccha to have 4 assists tonight.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Oh and btw, we were fortunate getting snowed out back then......but NOW, we'we'll take it to them. Just hoping we don't do that jeckly/hyde thing. Really want a Rangers trouncing of Buffalo.

Calling Zuccha to have 4 assists tonight.

Not really. At that point in time Buffalo was playing like they wanted to be #1 in the McDavid sweepstakes. Now they are playing like they want to be a winning team.

Killem Dafoe

Hold my baby, man.
Jun 19, 2010
Land of Corn
Are you "really" worried about that? There is just NO WAY this team isn't making PO's. I'd bet my house. In fact, I think there's a chance to still take 1st. Pitt just needs have a little losing streak and we'll be right there. The Islanders are good now, don't see them falling apart, but they're NOT in our class, not now anyway.

Totally possible. We're 9-1-0 in our last 10. We could be the best team in the conference from here on out.

The Pens acquiring Perron makes them a bit better though, but we have really started to come together lately and could easily take first by the year's end.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Totally possible. We're 9-1-0 in our last 10. We could be the best team in the conference from here on out.

The Pens acquiring Perron makes them a bit better though, but we have really started to come together lately and could easily take first by the year's end.

Can you imagine how potent our offense will be if Zucc & Kreider really pick it up? Can you believe we are talking about the Rangers actually having a potent offense? What a time.

Killem Dafoe

Hold my baby, man.
Jun 19, 2010
Land of Corn
Can you imagine how potent our offense will be if Zucc & Kreider really pick it up? Can you believe we are talking about the Rangers actually having a potent offense? What a time.

That would be glorious. I've noticed Kreider stepping up his game lately, so that's a great sign. Hayes as well. He gets better each game; so good at protecting the puck. He needs to shoot more, but he's still adjusting and developing. In a couple of years he's going to be a beast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad