GDT: 1/29/15: SABRES (14-31-3) at OILERS (12-27-9) TV: MSG-B, BELL TV, SNOL - 9:30 PM ET

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
toilet_bowl_champion_t.jpg

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
The torch has been passed, well done Buffalo. The strategy of not taking any shots and then injuring our secret tanking weapon was pure genius. Kidding aside, I really like Enroth. He'll be a good one once your rebuild is over.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
The torch has been passed, well done Buffalo. The strategy of not taking any shots and then injuring our secret tanking weapon was pure genius. Kidding aside, I really like Enroth. He'll be a good one once your rebuild is over.

Or come March 2nd when he's on a Western Conference team. I truly believe he'll be one of the last minute deadline deals.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
Oh god.... I feel so bad listening to Gorges....

I feel for him, but he did have the option to not agree to a trade to Buffalo. I'm sorry that this is a lost season, but come on he played in the same division as the Sabres last season. Things can only bottom out before things stabilize again, and that's exactly what happened. I love his emotion and raw sentiment though. He is the type of guy you want in the locker room now and in the near future. He has everything you need along with Gionta to help lead this group. I am happy to have you here Josh.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
I feel for him, but he did have the option to not agree to a trade to Buffalo. I'm sorry that this is a lost season, but come on he played in the same division as the Sabres last season. Things can only bottom out before things stabilize again, and that's exactly what happened. I love his emotion and raw sentiment though. He is the type of guy you want in the locker room now and in the near future. He has everything you need along with Gionta to help lead this group. I am happy to have you here Josh.

Come on. He was quite shocked that the the Habs were looking to move him and pissed the first place they ask him to waive for was Toronto. If you recall it got a bit ugly for a bit, particularly after he refused to waive for the Leafs. Gorges was dealing with the surprise of his team wanting to trade him and the uproar from not waiving. In all of that mess he talks with Gionta who is a good friend and their families are close. He then decides to add Buffalo to the list of teams he would agree to go to. I'm pretty confident he didn't breakdown the analytics of the Sabres or do extensive research on the teams plans beyond the future looks bright down the road.

I think fans forget at times that these guys are human. Gorges was making a huge decision for himself and his family. One he was in shock that he even had to make it and was under pressure to decide soon since the Habs wanted his cap hit moved before free agency began. So he basically decided that since he had to leave Montreal he might as well go somewhere with a friend. So, yes, its easy to feel bad for a guy that ended up in Buffalo under the circumstances Gorges did.

Gorges plays with such a fierce competitiveness and has such class and professionalism too (you noted this as well). He is there after every single game no matter how craptastic and will talk with the media. He gives a blunt assessment of the team's play that night and doesn't usually sugarcoat things. Contrast that with some of the "leaders" on the Sabres teams post co-captains. Teams that were never even close to this bad. After a crappy game many of the players would duck out of the locker room before the press got in there. I'm very happy (you are as well) that someone like Gorges is a vet in the locker room setting an example for the young guys on how to carry yourself as a professional.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad