GDT: 1/28/23 - 7:00PM EDT - Los Angeles vs Tampa Bay

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I think Conacher had 19 at the time.

Was it also Cirelli who kept his assigned number?

Perbix is as stuck to this team as anyone now. I'm assuming he's 48 for life.
Yeah it's possible Conacher was here but guys go and change their number all the time once other players leave or just on a whim kinda like Yakupov and Zegras. I'm like 99% sure Cirelli was assigned #71 because I think he was #22 everywhere he went too.

But for what it's worth a bunch of dudes have balled out wearing #48 and Perbix would be a good addition

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
4 points in his last 18 games but according to some people he makes this team click :laugh:

Also Perbix in his first season has now matched Cal Foote in career points.
Hes gonna make our cap click upwards quite a few notches after this season. I love his defensive game but the guy isn't even as good as Killorn offensively. Nick Paul is better offensively than him. Very expensive 3C if he doesn't hit another gear for production.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
4 points in his last 18 games but according to some people he makes this team click :laugh:

the team defense was donkey shit before he came back and since then we've been one of the better defensive teams in the league so yes he makes the team click. points aren't what he is here for which is why he shouldn't be playing on the second line but cooper might never understand that. i'm not gonna blame cirelli for that though

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
the team defense was donkey shit before he came back and since then we've been one of the better defensive teams in the league so yes he makes the team click. points aren't what he is here for which is why he shouldn't be playing on the second line but cooper might never understand that. i'm not gonna blame cirelli for that though

Yeah yeah I'm sure you're one of the guys who thought Palat made the offense go as well, teams tighten up as the season goes along, add in the fact that we entered the season with a bunch of new faces off 3 cup runs and sloppy start was expected but let's credit everything to Cirelli.

Pierre Larouche

Jan 4, 2009

Cirelli definitely makes the team click with his defense and relentless puck pursuit. He doesn’t show up on stat sherbet his contributions are just as important.

Reactions: Peacefool

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
I don’t hate cirelli, but do wish he had not gotten as much since he’s purely a defensive player now. But I’m also still certain that the cernak contract, The cernact if you will; has the potential to be the millstone around our necks in the future.

Cole is outplaying cernak for much less.

LeafLoyalist

Oct 13, 2015
I don’t hate cirelli, but do wish he had not gotten as much since he’s purely a defensive player now. But I’m also still certain that the cernak contract, The cernact if you will; has the potential to be the millstone around our necks in the future.

Pretty sad when a player is judged only on offensive numbers, especially when they get 0 pp time, and after being off 5 months from shoulder surgery. Guys get a feel on the PP, touch the puck more with time, and get their timing back quicker. I’m pretty sure any sane coach in this league would have Cirelli up in the top 6, fun fact, 3 cup finals and 2 cups with him in top 6. But hey he’s only good defensively so put him in the bottom 6….fact is because of his defensive game he should only be in the top 6. It’s just a matter of time before the numbers are there. He played a darn strong game against Boston the other night, faceoffs, pk, strong defensively….rare off night for Leafs and game was telecast on Sportsnet. You guys looking as strong as ever.

Point21

Oct 23, 2018

the funny thing is Cernak, Cirelli, and Sergy all dont have a NTC the first year of their new contracts. Cernak could possibly be moved halfway through when it becomes a M-NTC in 2027

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

I feel like Cernak is playing at about the level of his contract though. Cole is just hugely outperforming his.

Cirelli... It's just hard to argue we are getting value on that contract with him producing so little offense. I'd be pretty satisfied with 40 points, but I'm honestly not sure if that's realistic. Still willing to change my opinion in the playoffs if we constantly shut down the other teams' best players by matching him up.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Cirelli is averaging around 45 points per year so far in his career. This season, he's just under .5 ppg but his defense has been as good as ever. Given the shoulder injury and the time missed, I'm not concerned with the offensive numbers. As far as his contract, he'd be in the 4.5 range based on just offense, but his defense adds a decent bit more to that value. He's slightly overpaid, but it's nothing drastic, and when the offense does pick up, it will look even better.

Reactions: LeafLoyalist

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
I feel like Cernak is playing at about the level of his contract though. Cole is just hugely outperforming his.

Cirelli... It's just hard to argue we are getting value on that contract with him producing so little offense. I'd be pretty satisfied with 40 points, but I'm honestly not sure if that's realistic. Still willing to change my opinion in the playoffs if we constantly shut down the other teams' best players by matching him up.

Cernak? How? He’s third line defense. Literally how

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2