GDT: 1/27/22 - 7:00PM EDT - New Jersey vs Tampa Bay

DeeVeeUss

Apr 12, 2017
Naples, FL
Didn't need to be a lip reader. There was no doubt. Wasn't much of a trip though, he just fell hard and awkwardly. Heddy will look at it and be embarrassed that he got so pissed.

NJ is a fast team. They've still got some work to do but they're fun to watch. Not your dad's Devils.
Eh, stick def got him behind the knee, not much but enough that he was rightfully pissed at the ref and not even at Bratt.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
He is fantastic. My favorite player in the league, and our best defender, after Mac in my opinion.
giphy.gif

NightMist

Mar 18, 2021
I loved the physical play by Hedman in the last entry by Jack Hughes. That hit may have stopped a tie game. I do wish he would do that more often though. I've been to every game year so far, and watching his offensive play pick up (most assuredly going to be his best numbers in years/potentially career year) his defensive play has been frustrating at times. The two things that stand out negatively to me are bad clearing attempts up the boards when he is relatively uncontested (which is weird and a new one to my eyes) and the other negative being that he can be SUCH a "purse-swinger" at times, especially a man of that size. That is why that Hughes hip check was great, and you could tell Hughes did not expect anything more than a poke-check. I know it's also dangerous to ask for a more physical Hedman, considering how injury prone our stars can be.

road islander

Sep 16, 2019
West Warwick, RI
I loved the physical play by Hedman in the last entry by Jack Hughes. That hit may have stopped a tie game. I do wish he would do that more often though. I've been to every game year so far, and watching his offensive play pick up (most assuredly going to be his best numbers in years/potentially career year) his defensive play has been frustrating at times. The two things that stand out negatively to me are bad clearing attempts up the boards when he is relatively uncontested (which is weird and a new one to my eyes) and the other negative being that he can be SUCH a "purse-swinger" at times, especially a man of that size. That is why that Hughes hip check was great, and you could tell Hughes did not expect anything more than a poke-check. I know it's also dangerous to ask for a more physical Hedman, considering how injury prone our stars can be.
The trade-off of a relative lack of physicality is more than compensated for by his TOI and overall presence. The last thing we need from Hedman is for him to play like Cernak. Better that he picks his moments.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
if cernak could stay healthy he's been a beast on defense! Poor guy is always hurt though.
That's a relatively new development though. I think it's too early to slap him with the injury prone tag.

U55

Apr 9, 2019
Tampa, Florida
That's a relatively new development though. I think it's too early to slap him with the injury prone tag.
It's not me tagging him. I was pointing out that he is one of our best defenders, and saying it is unfortunate that he is getting hurt so much right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad