Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Bruins-Flyers-AWAY.jpg

wells_fargo_center_spectacor.jpg

https://link.nhl.com/static/gamenotes/public/20152016/[email protected]?1453694902000

Tonight's Officials
Referees Dan O'Halloran (13), Frederick L'Ecuyer (17)
Linesmen Jonny Murray (95), Brian Murphy (93)

Ntl. Anthem Lauren Hart

It should be noted that when Kate Smith did appear to sing God Bless America ( for a fee of $15,000 in 1974 ) only 2 players shook her hand afterwards and they were not Flyers.

TONIGHT’S GAME

- The Bruins visit the Flyers tonight in the 3rd and final game between these teams this season and the 2nd of 2 games at Wells Fargo Center … The Bruins are 25-17-5 overall and are 14-5-3 on the road … They are 8-4-1 vs. Metropolitan Division teams and are 20-10-2 vs. Eastern Conference opponents.

- The Bruins are opening tonight their 7th of 11 sets of back-to-back games and they enter tonight with a 3-2-1 record in the 1st game
and 4-1-1 mark in game 2s.

- They are playing tonight game 2 of their 7th of 12 sets of 3-games-in-4-nights and they enter this series 2-3-2 in the 1st game, 2-2-2 in the 2nd and 4-2-0 in game 3s.

BOSTON vs. PHILADELPHIA, LIFETIME SERIES

- The Bruins and Flyers are meeting for the 189th time in their franchise histories with the Bruins having a 100-60-21-7 record and 620-552 scoring advantage in those games.

- The Bruins are 45-36-10-2 in their 93 road games of this lifetime series with the Flyers holding a 291-286 scoring edge in those contests.

- The Bruins had their 7-game point streak vs. the Flyers snapped at 6-0-1 with a 3-2 loss in Philadelphia on Jan. 13 in the last game between these teams … They are 0-1-1 vs. Philadelphia in this season’s series with a 5-4 OT loss in Boston on Oct. 21 in the 1st meeting of these clubs … The Bruins are 15-4-2 in their last 21 games overall vs. the Flyers and are 12-3-1 in the last 16 road games of this lifetime series.

Fun Fact: The Flyers are 1 of 3 teams (OTT, TB) who have never swept the Bruins in a season series.

Last edited:

winterwill

Apr 13, 2006
Bear Island
I was going to go to this game.
Friend bought two tickets for my birthday back in September.
Saw a week ago that he was selling them on Facebook.
Best birthday gift ever..?

jdz

May 22, 2013
Time to stop messing with the lineup and the lines.

Eventually getting the right combination gets trumped by the players having some time to get used to each other and actually having some continuity and rhythm with their lineys.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Sure hope Spooner is back at center, with him there we have 3 scoring lines, with the Finnish guy on that 3rd line, might as well write it off as any type of threat.

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003
Krejci will get back on the board tonight, feeling good about tonight.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub

WHAT?? What the .......
Do you still call him/her a friend?
I guess we all have at least one person in our lives like that.
Well, there have been games that I've gone to where I though
gee, I'm sorry I'm not home in my recliner watching this on TV.:popcorn:
Oh well, we'll all (here on HF Boards) are your friends!:yo:

Bread and Circuses

Smile and wave.
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in the middle

I was going to go tonight but with the snowpacolypse it would probably turn my just over an hour drive into a much more frustrating commute.

If you are near the arena I bet you can grab great seats very cheap this afternoon on SH.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Sure hope Spooner is back at center, with him there we have 3 scoring lines, with the Finnish guy on that 3rd line, might as well write it off as any type of threat.

I liked the combination of Marchand-Bergeron-Spooner but you're right. Makes our top-6 incredible but Kemppainen and Talbot as your bottom 6 centers is brutal.

Eriksson-Krejci-Pasta
Marchand-Bergeron-Connolly/Hayes
Beleskey-Spooner-Hayes/Connolly
Ferraro + a revolving door of Kemp/Talbot/Rinaldo/Randell/etc

Looking for Pasta to stay hot (5 points in his last 5) and for Krejci to maybe be the catalyst for that. He's had some time to get back into the groove now and he's historically **** all over this team.

Last edited:

Latrappe

If Cam allow it
Nov 3, 2006
There you go: Brett " 15 points " Connolly back in the lineup. How promising...

TSBruins13

Mar 24, 2011
Boston, MA
Ok, maybe I am missing something. Can someone please explain to me why Kempainnen is still in our lineup? The guy is absolutely invisible out there. I would much rather have Koko in his place to either showcase or develop. He is the most useless player.

tburns21

Jul 22, 2015
wish the B's would have taken a run and acquiring brayden schenn, would be a good 2nd/3rd line player.

i 'd like the line up to have pasta on the 3rd line, get him away from other teams top pairings and see if he can put some solid offense together. instead of kemp they should recall koko and have him man the 3rd line. just try it for a few games.... can't be any worse than having connolly out there some nights....

and put morrow and colin miller in!

chara-c miller
krug-k miller
morrow-seids

Latrappe

If Cam allow it
Nov 3, 2006
wish the B's would have taken a run and acquiring brayden schenn, would be a good 2nd/3rd line player.

i 'd like the line up to have pasta on the 3rd line, get him away from other teams top pairings and see if he can put some solid offense together. instead of kemp they should recall koko and have him man the 3rd line. just try it for a few games.... can't be any worse than having connolly out there some nights....

and put morrow and colin miller in!

chara-c miller
krug-k miller
morrow-seids

No. no, no and no ! Stop making sense with C.Miller in our lineup. No !

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I still hate the Flyers.

Please beat them tonight.

Anyone going have a blast and cheer loud for our boys.

HERE WE GO BRUINS...HERE WE GO

Last edited:

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.

The Magical Mystery Lineup

I don't see what Connolly has done to be on the first line.

2 goals from November 27th until now.

Playing with Bergeron who is 15th in league scoring, this guy hasn't done squat, experiment over, put him on the 3rd line, put Pasta back up.

I am all for giving people a chance but comon man, the guy just does not produce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad