GDT: 1/25/18 vs. Nashville (Rage.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
JQ will probably be gone by the trade deadline if the Devils are still in it. One of the reasons they may not be in it is average goaltending and injuries. However, the main reason in my opinion is that they went from one of the fastest team, if not the fastest to a team with average speed. Boyle and Zajac are redundant and Hayes skates in cement. Stafford doesn’t help as well. And I don’t remember Zajac ever being so slow at both ends of the ice. I guess it probably has to do with his earlier surgery, just couldn’t have happen at a worse time.

Bramskii

Jul 23, 2007
Toronto
Lovely. “He hasn’t totally sucked so what’s the big deal”. Solid reason for keeping him in over the developing guy.
It's about winning hockey games at this point, not developing young players who have struggled this season. I'm more comfortable with Lovejoy in the lineup. Maybe that's just me though.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
If Rooney is playing better and they want to reward him/send a message to the rest (aka JQ) to step it up then so be it. My problem is we're not just missing a few bottom line guys and simply need bodies. We're missing key players and need others to actually contribute. Despite his play I think JQ has a better chance of doing so and that's why I'm frustrated he's not here. We need more scoring asap and our secondary guys have been killing us lately.

Bramskii

Jul 23, 2007
Toronto
Santini is easily the better option.
Do you really think inserting Santini into the lineup over Lovejoy will improve this team? I really don't see much of a difference, and I'd rather have the veteran who is probably less prone to making mistakes.

Its a Trap

Yes I’m still here to piss you off
You stated that we haven't been winning much with Lovejoy in the lineup, so that seems to indicate you think he's part of the problem.
You were the one who claimed he’s in there because he gives the team a better chance to win. I disagree with that so I guess yes I do think he’s part of the problem? Hes at best the exact same thing as Santini except 10 years older and slower so I’m really befuddled by your acceptance of this.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Lovejoy hasn't played poorly, but I'd still rather see Santini play over him. Ultimately I don't think it makes much difference who plays at the moment though.

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013
You stated that we haven't been winning much with Lovejoy in the lineup, so that seems to indicate you think he's part of the problem.
Problem hasn't been with him, he's actually been pretty good. Overall our defense has gone soft at times and appeared loss in their coverage which resulted in the other team being wide open to easily score... the amount screened shots both goalies (didn't see any of applebees games) has also increased and those make any goalies job much harder.
Cory came back down to his avg level, the d, and offense expect the 1st line not producing much are why we are where we are.

.500 avg from here should get us to a playoff spot

Killing Joke

Dec 2, 2017
If Rooney is playing better and they want to reward him/send a message to the rest (aka JQ) to step it up then so be it. My problem is we're not just missing a few bottom line guys and simply need bodies. We're missing key players and need others to actually contribute. Despite his play I think JQ has a better chance of doing so and that's why I'm frustrated he's not here. We need more scoring asap and our secondary guys have been killing us lately.

Im right there with you.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
I'm fine with Rooney playing, would like to see JQ or course but it a bit troubling. Hasn't he been sent this message multiple times? We've been hearing about consistency issues all year.

Bramskii

Jul 23, 2007
Toronto
You were the one who claimed he’s in there because he gives the team a better chance to win. I disagree with that so I guess yes I do think he’s part of the problem? Hes at best the exact same thing as Santini except 10 years older and slower so I’m really befuddled by your acceptance of this.
Like I said in a previous post, I'll take the veteran stay at home d-man over the young and developing one at this stage in the season, unless Lovejoys play takes a dive in which case I'm all for Santini coming in for him, but right now, I don't think he's been all that bad.

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
Lovejoy blew that pinch on Marchand’s goal, but he really hasn’t been nearly as bad as last year.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
I've been trying to resize it to fit forever, guess gif files are too large to be avatars :laugh:

Oh well

I'm usually pretty good at this stuff but I can't figure out how to get an avy gif to work since the change over. It was a lot easier with the old format.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
The word was JQ is good on the PP but needs work on his 5v5 game.

He'd be playing strictly 5v5 with NJ.

Also remember that we all thought Gibbons over JQ at the beginning of the year was a nonsensical move as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad