GDT: 1/22/22 - 10:30PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ San Jose

U55

Apr 9, 2019
Tampa, Florida
alright elliot with a little help from the post but we got it done. Strong win after embarrassing performance last night

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
25 minutes for Foote vs LA, 18 vs Anaheim, and 22 minutes tonight vs SJ. Good road trip for him to gain more confidence and experience.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
If Ross Colton winds up a 40 point, bottom-six player...

It doesn't seem like we're gonna have trouble replacing the offense we lost last year, at least not when we're running healthy. What we're still working on, IMO, is the poise. The last couple of years we would go into Machine Mode. We would get a small lead and snuff teams out. I don't think we're quite there yet, BUT Colton and Perry look capable of stepping in for Gourde and Coleman offensively.

BoltzManConstant

Mar 8, 2017
Upper West Side
If Ross Colton winds up a 40 point, bottom-six player...

It doesn't seem like we're gonna have trouble replacing the offense we lost last year, at least not when we're running healthy. What we're still working on, IMO, is the poise. The last couple of years we would go into Machine Mode. We would get a small lead and snuff teams out. I don't think we're quite there yet, BUT Colton and Perry look capable of stepping in for Gourde and Coleman offensively.

Agree, though I think poise is an odd framing. Shutdown defensive forward play is a legitimate skill set, not just the byproduct of keeping your poise. Coleman, Goodrow and Gourde were each special in that department, moreso because they also produced offensively like they did. Additionally, everyone on the team is fit (although PEB is old), but not many guys are on Gourde's level and that's a big factor in third period shutdown play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad