GDT: 1/22/17 - Wild vs. Preds - 7PM CT / 3AM Suomi - FSN+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Bad game. No Koivu hurt. They stopped skating after the first. Nashville put their chances in, Wild hit the post.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Bad game. No Koivu hurt. They stopped skating after the first. Nashville put their chances in, Wild hit the post.

Spurgeon re-direction and Dumba's re-direction. More like Wild scored for the Predators. This wasn't bad game by any means. Unlucky, it happens.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Too many goals against. I don't blame Kuemper either, but no surprise the team blows another lead with him in net. Three out of four games we blew 2+ goal leads. Brodin out affects that, but it would be nice to see some lock down D for once. Our unbelievable defense at the beginning of the year is lonnnnng gone.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Spurgeon re-direction and Dumba's re-direction. More like Wild scored for the Predators. This wasn't bad game by any means. Unlucky, it happens.

Preds dominated most of the 2nd and 3rd periods. Penned in their zone for long stretches of time. No energy (other than Zucker/Granny). Another 2 goal lead blown.

Refs swallowed their whistles, but not gonna put the loss on them. They didn't call anything for either team.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Preds dominated most of the 2nd and 3rd periods. Penned in their zone for long stretches of time. No energy (other than Zucker/Granny). Another 2 goal lead blown.

Refs swallowed their whistles, but not gonna put the loss on them. They didn't call anything for either team.

Their zone time was practically useless. Never got grade A scoring chance from that. And then Wild countered with odd-man rush and point blank opportunity which Rinne managed to save or the post.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
well great 1st , then almost no shots in the 2nd. parise , zucker & granlund missed point blank mini breakaway shots. refs didnt do us any favors. gotta move on to dallas.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Staal line MIA, just when we needed them. Coyle, in particular, seemed clumsy and was losing puck battles, which is not normal for him. He has been trending down for a few games now.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Too many goals against. I don't blame Kuemper either, but no surprise the team blows another lead with him in net. Three out of four games we blew 2+ goal leads. Brodin out affects that, but it would be nice to see some lock down D for once. Our unbelievable defense at the beginning of the year is lonnnnng gone.

I didn't get to watch, but instead had to get some sleep. Before going to bed I saw we were up 2-0 with Kuemper in net. When I saw that, I said "we're going to cough that lead up. Might lose." Sad thing is, even when Kuemper is playing well, I still feel that way. I just have very little confidence in both him and our team when he is in net. It's gotten to the point where I wonder if the players psychologically feel the effect, as well.

Anyway, that's enough pouting. It's one loss in a sea wins.

Goose312

May 15, 2015
Staal line MIA, just when we needed them. Coyle, in particular, seemed clumsy and was losing puck battles, which is not normal for him. He has been trending down for a few games now.

Coyle is honestly the most concerning player on the Wild for me. He has been such a non-factor lately. Don't really know what has changed. Get the Coyle-Staal-Parise line back together. About the only time Coyle looked alive was when that line was clicking, and despite the lack of points Parise has been looking more like his old self in January.

Oh well, 2nd half of a back to back against a division rival, Wild were clearly the better team but couldn't break through. Posts get two big saves. On to Dallas.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Coyle is honestly the most concerning player on the Wild for me. He has been such a non-factor lately. Don't really know what has changed. Get the Coyle-Staal-Parise line back together. About the only time Coyle looked alive was when that line was clicking, and despite the lack of points Parise has been looking more like his old self in January.

Oh well, 2nd half of a back to back against a division rival, Wild were clearly the better team but couldn't break through. Posts get two big saves. On to Dallas.

Agree with some things you said, wholeheartedly disagree with others. Coyle looks tired, injured....something. Fumbling pucks, losing battles that he normally wins, etc..

The Nino, Coyle, Staal line has been flat out dominant earlier. IMO, Coyle has NEVER played well with Parise, either this year or in previous years.

Staal has been by far the steadiest of the three, but even he has looked a bit off the past couple of games. Nino and Coyle can look great at times, but at others they disappear. We sure needed them to show up last night, and they didn't.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
1. Granlund and Zucker together are really fun to watch.

2. On the Nasville thread they think Wild fans should be really upset about losing that one game:laugh:

Wabit

May 23, 2016
1. Granlund and Zucker together are really fun to watch.

2. On the Nasville thread they think Wild fans should be really upset about losing that one game:laugh:

Nothing to really be that upset about. Koivu late scratch, Nashville is on a little hot streak. It's not like it's the barely breathing Avs that came back and beat us.

A loss suck, but it's 1 of 82 games and the Wild are pretty secure in the Playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad