GDT: 1/20: Bruins vs. LA Kings 3pm ET NESN 100.7 WZLX

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Canada does not shut down today, so I guess I will have to watch it at work, which is too bad as I had a few wobbly pops yesterday for the Seahawks game.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
I think if Tuukka was playing up to his potential yesterday we would have won. Anyway I hope whoever in net today makes a few decent saves to win.

LA won't get as many opportunities as Chicago will, but the same goes for you in their end so can't let in weak ones.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
The only thing that comforts me about this game is that this team is not that much better when it comes to the offensive side of the puck - there are no Kanes or Toews or Sharps on the Kings aside from Kopitar.

With that said, Dustin Brown. I just hope the guys keep an eye on him at all times and watch where his knees go when they skate near him.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
Why wzlx? Felger and Mazz are bigger than the Bruins?

Doesn't surprise me at all (with the Brady v. Manning fallout and such). 98.5 probably makes a ton of advertising $ on a day like this, especially compared to a hockey game where there are only so many spots for ads.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
The only thing that comforts me about this game is that this team is not that much better when it comes to the offensive side of the puck - there are no Kanes or Toews or Sharps on the Kings aside from Kopitar.

With that said, Dustin Brown. I just hope the guys keep an eye on him at all times and watch where his knees go when they skate near him.

Basically Jeff Carter and Kopitar, Carter has an elite shot.

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast
Probably can only watch the first 10-15 minutes, but hopefully they can give the same effort they've been giving their past two games.
Don't have an issue with Tuukka starting, since he will get almost a full week off (B's don't play until Saturday after this game).

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003
As Lucic said in the pre game interview the Bruins did done great things these past two games, need to keep it rolling.

Bergeron37

Mar 16, 2010
The bottom line is that we need to keep winning games in order to lock up the #2 seed. If we can, then we won't face Pittsburgh until the ECF making it possible that they could lose in the 1st 2 rounds that they play.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
The bottom line is that we need to keep winning games in order to lock up the #2 seed. If we can, then we won't face Pittsburgh until the ECF making it possible that they could lose in the 1st 2 rounds that they play.

Don't they go divisional for the first two rounds anyway now?

So the only way they'd see Pittsburgh before the ECF is if they're like the 5th seed in the Atlantic and have to play the cross-division matchup.

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
Marchand lately seems to be the only Bruin with consistent finish. I've seen some pretty good games and effort out of the Bruins but every single game seems to be a grind to the finish.

I'd like to see more daggers into the hearts of the opposition. I'm not complaining about goal scoring in general (I think they are above average when compared to the rest of the league?) but man.. there have only been a few times where they seemed to score at an opportune time to completely take the wind out of the sails of the other team and thus control the game.

Just too many instances where I was like "Man.. if the Bruins scored on that rush/PP/shot/etc to go up a goal that would totally break the backs of the [other team]" but instead the other team either ties it up or pulls ahead.

With that said, a couple Bruins need to pull it together soon. Namely Iginla and Eriksson. I still defend Loui because he's still coming back from 2 bad concussions and still with a new team (I know, I know.. people will start to say 'excuses!') but Iginla is starting to remind me of Horton. Getting the chances but missing all the time. As long as he's like Horton when it comes to the playoffs though, I don't care too much.
And with that said, I still see a bit more hustle and fire in Iginla than with Horton. Maybe switch Iginla and Loui for a game? See how that goes?

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
I just wanna say that this is the most ridiculous back to back I've ever seen. How the hell do you schedule a team to play the last 2 cup winners back to back WITH TRAVEL and then give them 4 days off after? Talk about a scheduled loss. And the ridiculous thing is that they had to adjust the start times of both games because they initially had them playing both within a 24 hour period. :shakehead

If the Bruins get a win today I'll be really impressed and pleased, but even just a point would be fine. This game shouldn't even be happening today IMO.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012

Pretty sure we wouldn't face Pittsburgh until the ECF anyways. The only threat of facing them earlier is if 5 Atlantic teams made the playoffs and 3 Metropolitan teams made the playoffs. Provided that Pittsburgh came first, the 5th place team in the Atlantic would face them first round. Everything else in the first two rounds is within your division.

Edit: Yeah, what Rubber Biscuit said lol.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
The game is on 98.5 not WZLX.

Mods, please edit the title please. I'm on my phone.

They must have switched it back after the Pats lost yesterday.

Bergeron37

Mar 16, 2010
Pretty sure we wouldn't face Pittsburgh until the ECF anyways. The only threat of facing them earlier is if 5 Atlantic teams made the playoffs and 3 Metropolitan teams made the playoffs. Provided that Pittsburgh came first, the 5th place team in the Atlantic would face them first round. Everything else in the first two rounds is within your division.

Edit: Yeah, what Rubber Biscuit said lol.

Don't they go divisional for the first two rounds anyway now?

So the only way they'd see Pittsburgh before the ECF is if they're like the 5th seed in the Atlantic and have to play the cross-division matchup.

You're right, I'm sorry guys. This re-alignment thing confuses me..

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Hoping this line catches fire today

tumblr_mvvkprq9xu1qmghiyo1_500.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad