GDT: 1/20/15 - 7:30PM EDT - Vancouver VS Tampa Bay

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
Let's not get too excited. The Canucks were on their 4th in 6 nights and 2nd Back to Back in a row. They didn't have legs and we beat a team we were supposed to beat since they were clearly tired.

2 Points are nice, but they should have been expected in that game.

Hedman played much better tonight. Witkowski was solid, sheltered. Nesterov being respectable in the D zone is all you need honestly. He's fantastic in the O-Zone.

Connolly, still a waste on a 4th line but doesn't really fit on any other line, was fantastic I thought. Earned his first assist no doubt.

TJ needs to heal/rest up. It was noticeable that he wasn't near 100%. Looked more like 80% after that trip in the 1st.

D, overall, looked stable. Wouldn't expect anything else really. Canucks are slow as a whole. They can't turn people into pylons like the teams we typically deal with.

Killorn. Fantastic. That's the utility and play that makes me facepalm when folks call for him to be traded or packaged up for someone else. The guy is a smart, hardworking, honest hockey player with an above average snapshot. It'd take a remarkable return to package him up imo. Just too valuable as a utility type player who can produce.

DET wins, MTL in OT atm. MTL Wins it in OT after getting a PP that Laviolette and most of us would call "Montreal Typical".

Last edited:

2MinutesforGiraffing

angelsil on safari
Apr 2, 2013
Tampa
I was drinking with some Orlando-based Canucks fans. They were good people who were happy to be well buzzed on craft beer before they arrived.

Anyone who doesn't dance with happiness after these 2 points is doing it wrong. We got the points we needed. Now let's take a rest.

Yzlamic Preacher*

So I almost got in a fight tonight. Mostly my fault, I started hip thrusting calling it over after the third goal. I love sticking it to Vancouver fans.

Yzlamic Preacher*

I was drinking with some Orlando-based Canucks fans. They were good people who were happy to be well buzzed on craft beer before they arrived.

Anyone who doesn't dance with happiness after these 2 points is doing it wrong. We got the points we needed. Now let's take a rest.

You were drinking? Colour me surprised.

PaulGG

May 15, 2011
Small crowd tonight but a real good defensive battle until we broke it open. It was really encouraging to see guys other than TKO,Stammer and Bishop win it for us. The third and forth line really played well. We were clogging the neutral zone better than I have seen recently and frustrating the Canucks.

Yzlamic Preacher*

Hey. Someone has to keep the Forum bars in business.

I would if I was there. I am obxiously arrogant especially in Vancouver when the Lightning win. Love rubbing it in. People always make fun of me saying "Oh yeah who bothers with a team in Florida?" I reply "Sorry, can you speak into my ear that doesn't have a Stanley cup ring in it."

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Solid. Was pretty sheltered but played a good game - I think he had the highest corsi percentage on the team (which doesn't mean much in such an isolated event).

Great move by Coop to get him in against Vancouver too, a game where he could work out the nerves without his speed getting exposed.

I'm really hoping this guy works out so we can carry him into the playoffs as a 7th D.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
They played a really good defensive game last night. Bishop did not have to make too many big stops overall. I think a lot of that had to do with Carle not making any big mistakes that led to scoring chances. In fact because he made no big gaffes I did not even notice him at all. Whatever he did last night he should do it more often.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
A win is a win! I think we should pick up Fistric off waivers, and possibly waive someone when everyone is healthy.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
A win is a win! I think we should pick up Fistric off waivers, and possibly waive someone when everyone is healthy.

Neither of those make any sense. If Fistric was in his last year of his deal I'd say do it but we don't need him next year at 1.25. We also have no need to waive anybody as Witkowski or Nesterov can go down without being waived.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Hey. Someone has to keep the Forum bars in business.
They should stay in business for $13.50 for domestic and $15 for imports. That is straight robbery. You can get a dozen of adult sodas for the price of one.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
This sucks, no hockey for nearly a week.

Edit: sorry no hockey that holds any meaning or importance for nearly a week.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad