Prospect Info: #1 #2 and #3 in The League forRookie scoring! Its possible we finish there.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
It is looking more possible by the month that we might be witnessing a historical accomplishment. I hope Laine gets back soon and he would have likely made it impossible. Willy needs to pick it up to make up ground for it to happen.

What a shot in the arm these 3 are for our future regardless. :D

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
It is looking more possible by the month that we might be witnessing a historical accomplishment. I hope Laine gets back soon and he would have likely made it impossible. Willy needs to pick it up to make up ground for it to happen.

What a shot in the arm these 3 are for our future regardless. :D

Nylander is on pace for 56 points. I'd be ecstatic if he can put up 50. Anything more than that is gravy.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
We still have 6 rookies in the top 20 in scoring. Brownie and Hyman could jump their numbers up the list easily enough too playing with Auston Matthews. I read a interesting article recently also that Keefe is developing Kapanen in penalty killing. He is getting important minutes in that aspect of of the game. Basically they are sticking to the game plan of developing 200 ft players with multidimensional skills. So thats another plus.

Some player in the article(not named but a Marlie) believed Kapanen would be if not the fastest one of the fastest in the Nhl when he gets there. I just though i would give Kappy a mention. He still needs work killing penalties but is getting the last minutes with leads etc to challenge him. Great to know the Marlies are development first.

I see Tkachuk has moved up to top 5 also. Great pick by Calgary!

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
We still have 6 rookies in the top 20 in scoring. Brownie and Hyman could jump their numbers up the list easily enough too playing with Auston Matthews. I read a interesting article recently also that Keefe is developing Kapanen in penalty killing. He is getting important minutes in that aspect of of the game. Basically they are sticking to the game plan of developing 200 ft players with multidimensional skills. So thats another plus.

Some player in the article(not named but a Marlie) believed Kapanen would be if not the fastest one of the fastest in the Nhl when he gets there. I just though i would give Kappy a mention. He still needs work killing penalties but is getting the last minutes with leads etc to challenge him. Great to know the Marlies are development first.

I see Tkachuk has moved up to top 5 also. Great pick by Calgary!

Good post!

Yes, it's quite amazing we've got the 3 potential top scoring rookies in the league. You'd have to go back well before my time, mid 60s, before you might find another team that had this opportunity. This is special. Enjoy this period in Leaf history, it's not going to happen again, any time soon.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Well, Marner and Matthews are #1 and#2 currently. Willy is rising/cresting in the #4 spot and Laine is struggling to maintain his coaches confidence with playing time being reduced incrementally. Willy might be able to over take him.

If this happens it will be really cool. That said, I don't really like Laine tailing off because it makes this rookie scoring race way more interesting with him in it. Helluva player!

Its is looking possible more as this season goes.

WilliamNylander

Papi's home
Jul 26, 2012
Laine was on the 4th line yesterday

I think Marner and Matthews will both outscore Laine by 10+ points. Nylander might catch him too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad