Kuemper

..yeah

YeoTalk061711.jpg

Prediction thread!

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Leaf fan here. If you need our lines, we'll give them to you later. Right now, lots of shuffling around since 2 guys went down to injury (Holland, Lupul) last game that won't be playing, one that is probably out (Kadri), and one that was previously injured that may return (Panik). I'll update you guys when I get something more concrete.

Oh, and yeah, if I'm familiar to you guys, I sometimes drop in and post here, casually rooting for the Wild since I've always liked them, but I'm a Leaf fan first, so yeah :laugh:

Anyways, good luck guys and here's to a good, clean, hard fought game. Please... no injuries. For either of us. You guys are already badly banged up as is and we're getting to that point too :cheers:

Scoutguy77

Jun 7, 2009
Toronto banged up pretty well and been on road a lot, 5-2 Minnesota win.

Tomorrow night 4-2 Dallas win.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
I don't know why, but have thought in the recent years that Leafs and Wild have been very similar teams. Have a couple outstanding players with a decent complement of young players but can't quite break into elite status. They do have much better goaltending, though, and give up a ton of shots.

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
We win tonight. We lose tomorrow though, but tonight we win. Finland also wins tonight over Sweden.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
I don't know why, but have thought in the recent years that Leafs and Wild have been very similar teams. Have a couple outstanding players with a decent complement of young players but can't quite break into elite status. They do have much better goaltending, though, and give up a ton of shots.

Eh, as a Leaf fan, I don't see it. We have the better offense, but the Wild has the better defense by far and we have the better goaltending, and you guys mutilate us in puck possession although we both seem to be bubble teams at this point. I do think the Wild are a lot better than they've shown and will be a playoff team come April. They've got more of a track record of making the playoffs than the Leafs do in a tougher conference. Oh, and knowing the Leafs, struggling, injury-riddled teams are pretty much an automatic loss. I'm getting ready for you guys to humiliate us, unfortunately (for me :help:).

Last edited:

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Maybe just the respective teams' positioning in their conference instead of the actual players on each team. Never elite, but never bad enough to get top draft picks. something like that.

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul
You know it's getting bad when as a season ticket holder, I am always excited to head to the game and tonight i'm like "meh..."

Teddy10Beers

Dec 31, 2011
Minnesota
Who will Randy Carlyle designate to run Kuemper tonight?

Last game against the Leafs, Kadri knocked out Backstrom in the first period (only got 2 minutes for interference) and then he took a match penalty when he tried to end Granlund's season with a dirty hit.

MNjens

Sep 27, 2013
You know it's getting bad when as a season ticket holder, I am always excited to head to the game and tonight i'm like "meh..."

If you're looking to give away tix for free i could probably help you out there..

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
You know I didn't even remember we were playing tonight until I saw this GDT.

Hurry up and start to play decent hockey, Wild.

Ceiu

Oct 31, 2011
Who will Randy Carlyle designate to run Kuemper tonight?

Last game against the Leafs, Kadri knocked out Backstrom in the first period (only got 2 minutes for interference) and then he took a match penalty when he tried to end Granlund's season with a dirty hit.

Wow. Was that this season? And we're not even halfway through this **** yet?

Uuuuuuugh.

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul
Wow. Was that this season? And we're not even halfway through this **** yet?

Uuuuuuugh.

Last season at the X. Backstrom got basically murdered in the crease and it should have been a 5 minute major and a match penalty. Then later Granlund almost got decapitated and a match penalty was called. It was a gong show of a game.

Ceiu

Oct 31, 2011
Last season at the X. Backstrom got basically murdered in the crease and it should have been a 5 minute major and a match penalty. Then later Granlund almost got decapitated and a match penalty was called. It was a gong show of a game.

I remember the game, I just remembered it being last season. Apparently because it was. :)

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Ugh.. wtf. I remember the game but now I'm pissed off again after seeing those for the first time in a while. Hope someone fights him.

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
Ugh.. wtf. I remember the game but now I'm pissed off again after seeing those for the first time in a while. Hope someone fights him.

Well that didn't happen the next time we played the Leafs, and Swervin said Kadri might be out for this game, so we might be in the clear in terms of goalie runners. :sarcasm:

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Well that didn't happen the next time we played the Leafs, and Swervin said Kadri might be out for this game, so we might be in the clear in terms of goalie runners. :sarcasm:

Kadri out, confirmed.

Anyways, what seems to be our lineups as well:

JVR - Tyler Bozak - Phil Kessel
Daniel Winnik - Mike Santorelli - David Clarkson
Leo Komarov - Trevor Smith - Richard Panik
David Booth - Greg McKegg - Carter Ashton

That or Ashton out for 7 D. Either way, yes, that is very, very ugly :help::laugh:

Rayzorexe

Meh..
Dec 29, 2009
Toronto, ON
Lupul, Kadri, and Holland are out for the Leafs so I see you guys might win tonight.

Shots are probably gonna be a 3 to 1 margin so yeah..

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Lupul, Kadri, and Holland are out for the Leafs so I see you guys might win tonight.

Shots are probably gonna be a 3 to 1 margin so yeah..

Yeah. The Wild may be struggling right now, but you guys haven't seen the Leafs yet. Seriously, you sneeze on us hard enough we topple like a house of cards. We'll probably make you guys look like cup contenders. I swear, I'm not joking. We're THAT bad right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig