GDT: 1/19/13 "Raise The Banner" - Hurricanes VS Panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Maybe he thinks its just the ones that hate Florida having a team are ****? :naughty:

Horrible choice of words but it does get old constantly hearing from a large number of Canadian fans how awful of a fanbase we are and how the team should be moved to Quebec.

But back to the game one thing nice about Huberdeau he goes straight to the net. He did it multiple times last night hopefully he'll be there for all those rebounds where we all scream why was no one going to the net.

Being from Saskatoon, I can kind of see where the hard feelings come from. We love hockey here in Saskatchewan and when the WJC were here in 2010, it was the most successful tournament financially in the history of the tournament. It's tough watching teams with near empty buildings every night have teams while we are forced to watch on TV. If I want to see a game, I have to drive to Edmonton/Calgary and pay $200 dollars a ticket just to see a game because the demand for tickets is ridiculous. I think that's why you get certain Canadians making dumb comments about smaller market teams. That being said, I love the Panthers and there's others teams that would get moved before us anyways so I'm not worried at all. Watching the game last night was exciting. The building looked as crazy as it did during the playoffs last year.

Last edited by a moderator:

Erick*

Being from Saskatoon, I can kind of see where the hard feelings come from. We love hockey here in Saskatchewan and when the WJC were here in 2010, it was the most successful tournament financially in the history of the tournament. It's tough watching teams with near empty buildings every night have teams while we are forced to watch on TV. If I want to see a game, I have to drive to Edmonton/Calgary and pay $200 dollars a ticket just to see a game because the demand for tickets is ridiculous. I think that's why you get certain Canadians making dumb comments about smaller market teams. That being said, I love the Panthers and there's others teams that would get moved before us anyways so I'm not worried at all. Watching the game last night was exciting. The building looked as crazy as it did during the playoffs last year.

It must be interesting being a Panthers fan in Canada. You must get a lot of "why's." In a way, it's kind of amazing how every team has fans from all over the world. Kinda cool when you think about it. At least imo.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
It must be interesting being a Panthers fan in Canada. You must get a lot of "why's." In a way, it's kind of amazing how every team has fans from all over the world. Kinda cool when you think about it. At least imo.

I get it all the time. Sometimes, it's more along the lines of "Why the hell would you be a Panthers fan"?

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010

You have no idea how many "why's" I get. I remember how excited I was when the Panthers played a preseason game in stoon against Calgary. There was maybe 3 Panther jerseys in a crowd of 15+ thousand. I did get to see Vokoun in a Panthers jersey before any of the fans in Florida did tho which was pretty awesome at the time.

Last edited:

Bure1096

Mar 6, 2007
Florida
+1, I get it everywhere up here. its not easy being in hawk territory. ever since tallon took over there has been more respect towards the organization. but we need to take it in stride, if we take care of business then we wont have to worry about who or what people have to say about the panthers. But we need to show that we deserve respect first.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
+1, I get it everywhere up here. its not easy being in hawk territory. ever since tallon took over there has been more respect towards the organization. but we need to take it in stride, if we take care of business then we wont have to worry about who or what people have to say about the panthers. But we need to show that we deserve respect first.

I don't think it has anything to do with not having respect. I think it would be hard to find anyone who says "I hate the Florida Panthers." I think it has a lot more to do with regular attendance. When Canadians and Americans (mostly Canadians) see a tone of empty seats on tv, they automatically assume its just a waste of a franchise because there are other cities who could fill them up.

Erick*

You have no idea how many "why's" I get. I remember how excited I was when the Panthers played a preseason game in stoon against Calgary. There was maybe 3 Panther jerseys in a crowd of 15+ thousand. I did get to see Vokoun in a Panthers jersey before any of the fans in Florida did tho which was pretty awesome at the time.

In your case, I actually thought you became a fan when Theodore signed. I know you're a big Theodore fan so that must've been cool for you when the Panthers signed him.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
In your case, I actually thought you became a fan when Theodore signed. I know you're a big Theodore fan so that must've been cool for you when the Panthers signed him.

I became a goalie the year after Theodore won the Hart/Vezina because I was so inspired by what he had done. I remember the standing ovation he got at the end of an 8-2 beat down against the Canes in the 2002 playoffs and it was just unreal. Luongo was the reason I started following the Panthers. At the time, he was being compared to Patrick Roy by the Canadian media and looked like the next generational goalie. It's a little ironic that I really don't want him anywhere near our team now. I guess it's because I dislike the Canucks so much.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
I don't think it has anything to do with not having respect. I think it would be hard to find anyone who says "I hate the Florida Panthers." I think it has a lot more to do with regular attendance. When Canadians and Americans (mostly Canadians) see a tone of empty seats on tv, they automatically assume its just a waste of a franchise because there are other cities who could fill them up.

Over ten years of losing will make any fanbase disinterested except for a few. And let's face it, it's because the team is in the south. Jersey, Washington, Pitt, etc have all had attendance issues and its not brought up nearly as often as southern teams' attendance.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
big deal. really why do we care so much about what **** canadians think of our attendance?? we all know the size and quality of our fanbase, and isnt that all that matters? We know our fans are loyal, attend as many games as we can, show that we care by for example being on hfboards posting almost daily about the team and its ups and downs. The one thing I love about our fanbase is that we're not cocky or stuck-up like many canadian fanbases.
Instead of getting angry, be proud of the play of our team!

Woah woah woah, not every Panther fan is from Florida.....

Plus I don't even think the initial tweet was by a Canadian. He's some New Yorker.

Last edited by a moderator:

Benched

Jan 2, 2007
Chased a starting goalie in our first game, with all the injuries we had. I know it's early but I consider that a statement game.

And what a debut for Huby.

Panthers607

159737230_slide.jpg

quite funny :)

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
Being from Saskatoon, I can kind of see where the hard feelings come from. We love hockey here in Saskatchewan and when the WJC were here in 2010, it was the most successful tournament financially in the history of the tournament. It's tough watching teams with near empty buildings every night have teams while we are forced to watch on TV.

Being a season ticket holder for the Panthers I can tell you that one reason why seats look empty at times is due to policy at the arena. When the puck is in play no one is allowed to walk to their seats. The ushers hold everyone up at the tunnels until there is a whistle. I have heard many fans from other areas complain about this practice but it is nice when you are sitting in your seats that people are not walking in front of you during play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad