Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
CY2EvtoWUAEUXDF.jpg:large

grant_g_leaf_fans_64011.jpeg

Tonight's Officials
Referees Dave Jackson (8), Justin St. Pierre (12)
Linesmen Ryan Galloway (82), Steve Barton (59)

Ntl. Anthem Rene Rancourt

TONIGHT’S GAME

- The Bruins host the Maple Leafs tonight in the 3rd of 5 games between these teams this season and the 2nd of 3 of this season’s series at TD Garden … The Bruins are 22-16-5 overall and are 9-11-2 on home ice … They are 10-6-1 vs. Atlantic Division teams and are 17-10-2 vs. Eastern Conference opponents.

- The Bruins are concluding tonight their 6th of 11 sets of back-to-back games … They are 3-2-1 in the 1st games and 3-1-1 in the 2nd games so far.

- They are concluding as well their 6th of 12 sets of 3-games-in-4-nights … They are 1-3-2 in the 1st game, 2-2-2 in the 2nd and 3-2-0 in game 3s.

MILESTONES APPROACHING

- Ryan Spooner is playing his 100th NHL game tonight.

- Loui Eriksson is 3 goals shy of his 200th NHL goal.

BOSTON vs. TORONTO, LIFETIME SERIES

- The Bruins and Maple Leafs are meeting for the 660th time in their franchise histories with the Bruins having a 293-258-98-10 record and 1,956-1,948 scoring edge in those games.

- The Bruins are 182-96-47-4 in their 329 home games of this lifetime series with a 1,079-872 scoring advantage in those contests.

- The Bruins are 4-1-1 in their last 6 games vs. the Maple Leafs, including a 2-0 win in Boston on Nov. 21 and 4-3 shootout win in Toronto on Nov. 23 in the 1st 2 games of this season’s series, and they are 15-3-3 in their last 21 games overall vs. Toronto … They are 8-1-2 in their last 11 home games vs. the Maple Leafs and are 14-2-2 in their last 17 games vs. Toronto in Boston.

Fun Fact: Bruins goalie Jonas Gustavsson was the last Maple Leafs goaltender to shut out the Bruins (2-0, Dec. 19, 2009).

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
http://www.torontosun.com/2016/01/15/game-day-maple-leafs-at-blackhawks

Saturday: Toronto at Boston, 7 p.m., TD Garden, CBC, TSN 1050

FIVE KEYS TO THE GAME

January blahs

All NHL teams are reaching a monotonous stage of the season, with the all-star break in sight, but still close to 40 games to play and a cramped schedule that saw both the Leafs and Bruins play Friday. In the Leafs’ case this will be their third game in four nights.

Bern marks

After James Reimer lost the back-to-backs against Boston back in November, Mike Babcock switches to Jonathan Bernier and his record of 3-3-0 against the B’s. Tuukka Rask is expected to counter for Boston.

Beeline for D-man

It’s no secret Boston seeks an offensive defenceman by the trade deadline. A few more setbacks and the Bruins will be sellers and not buyers come Feb. 29. They had Matt Hunwick in the fold a few years ago before he became one of Babcock’s most reliable players and an alternate captain.

Feel the power

Five Bruins have three or more power play goals and their league-leading unit (28.3%) currently has higher success than last season’s best group, the Capitals.

Aw, shoot

Boston’s Loui Ericksson qualified for the top 50 in the league in shot attempts 5-on-5 before Saturday with 110.

The big matchup

P.A. Parenteau vs. Boston defence

Having hit a dry spell on offence, the Leafs will be looking to someone to get something going around the Boston net. A tough assignment for two reasons: Boston’s stingy play where Toronto is concerned (just four goals the past three meetings going back to last season) and two Leaf goals in three games prior to last night.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs/2016/01/15/maple-leafs-boston-bruins-saturday-game-preview.html

Key matchup:Nazem Kadri vs. Patrice Bergeron.

Leafs centre Kadri has been getting the choice assignments lately, and none might be tougher than facing one of the best two-way forwards in the NHL. Bergeron has won a whopping 56.8 per cent of his faceoffs compared to Kadri’s 51.1 per cent.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Please win.

My usual seatmate for the B's games (my sister GahdenRinkRat) is staying home to watch football so I am bringing my neighbor (and friend) who isn't a hockey fan. Hopefully the B's win.

HERE WE GO BRUINS...HERE WE GO:handclap::handclap:

Last edited:

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Please win.

My usual seatmate for the B's games (my sister GahdenRinkRat) is staying home to watch football so I am bring my neighbor (and friend) who isn't a hockey fan. Hopefully the B's win.

HERE WE GO BRUINS...HERE WE GO:handclap::handclap:

I really need a Pats blowout and a Bruins win. Pats blowout so I don't feel bad abandoning my TV sometime in the second quarter (probably), and a Bruins win so that all 17565 can cheer for both victories. It'd be awkward if the Bruins were losing badly and the Garden erupts.

Highatop308

Only took 4 months!
Jun 23, 2010
308, row 15. seat 28
Something they should do but won't is put the Pats game on the jumbotron until warmups start. They let you a lot earlier now with new security measures so for the people who will be in there early that's something they should do.

Boston Bruno

Mostly not serious input..
Nov 2, 2002
Calgary
Hope we got gas in the tank for this one. All oars in the water. Take the bulls by the horns and give it 120 percent. Did I miss any?

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Don't know for certain but the Bruins twitter hinted this morning the team would wear the Winter Classic sweaters as that is what was shown in the Game Day pic.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Don't know for certain but the Bruins twitter hinted this morning the team would wear the Winter Classic sweaters as that is what was shown in the Game Day pic.

I love the winter classic jerseys, hopefully they play better in it from the last time they played.

Bergeron and Marchand need to step it up.

Go Bruins go.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
both teams played last nite so no excuses on the back to back cloude.

hopefully we bury our chances and win a friggin home game.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch

It's not a hint - barring a massive marinara fight with ensuing stains (Frankie and Zac, play nice!), they'll wear the WC jerseys today and when Chicago comes to town in...March? It's listed on the same page where they have the dates they wear their third jerseys.

I don't believe in curses, but if they lose tonight, I say burn the fuzzy bear jerseys.

EDIT: Here's the page. Easier to find than I remembered... http://bruins.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=108146

Never noticed it, but the third jerseys appear almost exclusively on holidays and weekends. Exclusively, if you count the Æthelberht of Kent, which used to be Feb 24 an was apparently changed to April 5 - both third jersey days.

Last edited:

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
so how good is this...COFFEE/PATS/BRUINS

Lets go Bs! I got that feeling that they will explode offensively tonight. 5 on the board chalk it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad