GDT: 1/14/21 Game 1: Minnesota Wild @ Los Angeles Kings - 9 PM CT - FS-N

Status
Not open for further replies.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
However, I may be underestimating how much of an impact losing Staal/Koivu will have.

Staal maybe, but Koivu probably not. He was pretty broken down these past two years. Having someone with two legs is an upgrade over Koivu at this time.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Don't forget...the Wild have a skilled and experienced playmaker ready soon, will be a solid reinforcement :nod:

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Our lack of talented C's, and talented offensive forwards in general, will be our downfall. Fiala was terrific for half of a shortened season, but he can't do it all by himself. Kap...we'll see. Hopefully he and Parise can figure something out. I had been hoping that JEE would get a shot at playing with one of those two, and explore his possibilities as a top 6 C, but Evason has chosen otherwise. Seems short sighted, to me.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Our lack of talented C's, and talented offensive forwards in general, will be our downfall. Fiala was terrific for half of a shortened season, but he can't do it all by himself. Kap...we'll see. Hopefully he and Parise can figure something out. I had been hoping that JEE would get a shot at playing with one of those two, and explore his possibilities as a top 6 C, but Evason has chosen otherwise. Seems short sighted, to me.

I don’t know. They may be incredibly weak down the middle, but there’s a ton of depth on this team. The success of the VGK have revolved around their depth and some elite wingers (e.g. Stone). With our defense and wingers, I could see us having some success. If Dubnyk was as bad as advanced analytics say he was, then Talbot might really prosper behind our defense.

Last edited:
Reactions: DeagleJenkins

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Don't put the horse ahead of the cart. We don't even know what Rossi's injury is, let alone the timeframe for him to join the team.

Rossi is a rookie, not very experienced I'm afraid.

Zucc was a 0.5 PPG player last season, despite a broken hand. Now when it's fixed I think the haters will have to eat some crow, but should be happy to see him helping the team.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
I wonder what Fiala thinks about the fact that Kaprizov stole his spot. Lets hope his game is still intact.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
I wonder what Fiala thinks about the fact that Kaprizov stole his spot. Lets hope his game is still intact.
or he understands the pain it can be to be a rookie and agreed to give Kap the easier matchups and took on a C he played with before and enjoys along with a speedy wing who can hopefully help him score more. his spot was not stolen...

Reactions: Spurgeon

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I see you still don’t understand that the order the top 6 is listed doesn’t matter all too much. Fiala will still have the puck on his stick in every situation when we need a goal. Power player, 3-on-3, you name it. Nobody on this team can create something out of nothing like him.

Reactions: DeagleJenkins

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Late start times work for me thankfully, have a newborn so I’m on night duty until 2 am anyway. I know our center depth is awful but I am pretty excited to watch the team and see Kaprizov and Fiala. At the end of the day though, I think our defense is going to play a massive role in our offense this year and Spurgeon sure looked sharp in the scrimmages, ready for a real big year from him.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
This is the SIXTH straight season the Wild have started away from home. Is there a reason for this, or just coincidence?

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Admittedly, I was thinking he play Wing (and is injured so didn't show up on their depth chart I looked at).

But I don't think he changes the evaluation. Hughes has to have a giant leap forward for their 4C's to be better than ours this season, when total value is taken into account.

Check out Draisaitls rookie year. Pretty sure Hughes will be just fine.

Kk for calder!!

Reactions: 16thOverallSaveUs

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
We win this one.

Drinking this.

4-BA74865-01-A0-4-C3-D-A7-FC-51-A2728-F9485.jpg

Reactions: Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Man, Untitled Art does some cool stuff. Glad I found out about them, although sad it took me until recently.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
Man, Untitled Art does some cool stuff. Glad I found out about them, although sad it took me until recently.

Ya they’re one of like 4-5 breweries I actually buy from in stores. What is difficult with them is that most of what they do is one off so if you like something and really want more, you need to go buy more quick.

Reactions: Dee Oh Cee
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad