GDT: 1/13/21 - 8:00PM EDT - Chicago vs Tampa Bay

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
obviously this was essentially a pre-season game, so i will ignore the core guys not being fully engaged.

foote: let me echo everyone else's opinion of his skating, it stinks
rutta: terrible, but at least he didnt surprise me
joseph: looked great, hard to imagine that teej would have brought much else.
volkov: purgatory. too good for the 4th line, not good enough for the 3rd line
stephens: meh. worked hard, like paq man. hopefully will settle down
bud light lime: combines the superior drinkability of Bud Light with a splash of 100% lime flavor. It has a delicate malt sweetness, a clean, crisp finish, and the taste of fresh-squeezed lime for ultimate refreshment. Bud Light.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Sergachev was 19. Foote is 23 and has been in the organization for a long time. I don't see it. Serg's skillset was always his strength -- it was a matter of him maturing. Foote just doesn't skate like an NHLer.

I agree with your point, but just pointing out that Foote just turned 22

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
GG Bolts!

Joseph looked great,was he always so tough?I think now he is much stronger as he was in previous years. Played great game. Volkov just doesnt belong to 4th line,but it is his fault too,he wasnt bad but he could be better and should, also he falls a lot on hes knees when he triyng to make plays vs deffenders or near the boards. 1st line played good. It seems that Killorn skating is much better now,he just slides on the ice. Foote,he needs to take example from Schenn. Schenn skates bad,and sometimes is slow in defence,but he uses hes body so well,and it compensates hes bad skating. Hopefully Foote will be less nervous after few games,and it will help him to become a Nhler.
And YEAH BABYYYY!! (Kuch.jpg) hockey,real hockey is back!! Congrats everyone)

Reactions: LightningStrikes

BoltsFanSinceDay1

Apr 27, 2019
What do you guys think of having a Plays of the Year 2021 thread? It would be nice to have one place to hold them to refer back to and keep in chronological order.

I would place this one as #1, Palat's goal last night. Notice how his foot is in the air, he kicks it and then swats it out of the air. No ice contact.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I agree with your point, but just pointing out that Foote just turned 22
I'm not even saying he won't be an NHLer. But top-4? I just don't see it. I don't think his skating will ever allow him to be on Cernak's level overall, for instance. Forget about Sergachev.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
I'm not even saying he won't be an NHLer. But top-4? I just don't see it. I don't think his skating will ever allow him to be on Cernak's level overall, for instance. Forget about Sergachev.

Just amending what you said and that he just turned 22 and he isn't 23

My reaction is that I was shocked at how slow his first couple of strides were, he seemingly lost position or the angle every time that he had to move from a stationary position. I had the exact opposite reaction when I seen Cernak for the first time. Cernak may not have great top end speed, but his lateral movement and first step quickness is very impressive for someone of his size and strength.

I've seen a few fellow fans chalk it up to nerves and him thinking instead of reacting, but the mechanical parts to his game are really bad. I hope that I'm wrong and next game he miraculously smooths out his skating stride and shows some quickness, but right now I see most of the skilled forwards in this league giving him trouble over short distance races.

Reactions: DFC

BoltsFanSinceDay1

Apr 27, 2019
What do you guys think of having a Plays of the Year 2021 thread? It would be nice to have one place to hold them to refer back to and keep in chronological order.

I would place this one as #1, Palat's goal last night. Notice how his foot is in the air, he kicks it and then swats it out of the air. No ice contact.

Finally got the thread posted, hope you guys enjoy adding to it as the season progresses.
2021 Lightning Plays of the Year & Moments

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad