GDT: 1/11/24 - 7:00PM EDT - New Jersey vs Tampa Bay

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
I thought we were clearly the better team. Two of their three goals were weird and Perbix with the dumb give away.
I hope so. They were missing their Kuch, their Hedman and Timo/Palat.

Shoulda been a blow out.

BUT...but...I'll take it.

Reactions: Rschmitz

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
The only reason you send him back down now, is because you don’t want him getting >10:00 ice time in the NHL when he can get 20 in the AHL.
but I don’t subscribe to that theory, personally.
This team is on the edge of making or missing the playoffs. I wonder how that factors in. If Lilleberg can help you win games, even in a limited roll, does that push him to stay? As long as Sergachev is on LTIR, it gives us some time to sort things out.

Ducati Boy

HF Original
Feb 7, 2018
Our D is off the hook a little given that we were down to 4 at one point tonight, including a rookie.

He muffed one tonight but Perbix’ play has been pretty decent of late.

bigdaddio

Jan 22, 2019
That team must be hell to play against. It was like they were created by an evil wizard who animated a bunch of hockey sticks onto a small tornado. Stick stick stick stick pounding you everywhere.

OffBy1

Aug 5, 2021
Vasy made two or three clutch saves on full or partial breakaways. Lilleberg is looking like our new Cernak, and we're apparently going to need a new one soon. The puck seemed to hate Cirelli tonight.

In spite of how clear it is that De Haan is not a top 6 NHL defenseman, I'd play him over Weary every night. I've never seen such an ineffective forward. He makes me long for Dmitri Afenesenkov.

RDTBay4

Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater, FL
Rewatch the goal that put us up 3-1. We were doing some kind of slow motion calm shit. It was weird as hell. I've watched it several times now.

Really slow and deliberate. Definitely looked coached or preplanned.

Last edited:

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Our D is off the hook a little given that we were down to 4 at one point tonight, including a rookie.

He muffed one tonight but Perbix’ play has been pretty decent of late.
Just when I thought he's been turning his play around he gave them a freebie. Still, I would say he's been pretty good lately.
Vasy made two or three clutch saves on full or partial breakaways. Lilleberg is looking like our new Cernak, and we're apparently going to need a new one soon. The puck seemed to hate Cirelli tonight.

In spite of how clear it is that De Haan is not a top 6 NHL defenseman, I'd play him over Weary every night. I've never seen such an ineffective forward. He makes me long for Dmitri Afenesenkov.
If it was a one year deal, whatever. It's not though and we get to enjoy his stellar play for two more years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad