GDT: #1 – Blue Jackets at Sabres – Thu Oct 9, 7:00PM ET – MSG-B, Bell TV – WGR

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
LOL. This team has been manhandled by an decent team in Columbus but hardly a great team. The Sabres suck--chances are good our pick will be very high this year.

Cirris

Nov 10, 2006
Crackport
I thought we weren't gonna get McDavid when I saw us gather some free agents like Gionta, Moulson, and trade for Josh Jorges....boy was I wrong! We're in contention baby!!! WOOHOOO

I was thinking the same thing. I'm relieved. I mean it's the best of both world. I see a lot of good things from the kids. But our scrubs still cost us games leaving us in the Bottom standings for the 3 generational talents in the draft at the end of this year.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
Meszaros and Gionta were useless tonight. Was Reinhart playing?
a lack of speed and offensive skill was obvious plus we could not get out of our zone. Zemgus , Myers and Enroth played well.

My Cozen Dylan

Feb 21, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
This team isn't bad :dunno:

:biglaugh:

Honestly, they played decent for 2 ½ periods. Decent wins few games though

241163d1390520429t-features-bb-10-2-1-showed-malaysia-event-blackberry-achance.jpeg

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
This team isn't bad :dunno:

:biglaugh:

Honestly, they played decent for 2 ½ periods. Decent wins few games though
I flipped in between this game and nearly every other game that was on tonight. Every other team I watched tonight looked like they were in a different league including Florida. The Ducks who are losing 6-3 to Pittsburgh would have beaten Buffalo 5-0 tonight. This game was shockingly bad when you consider how much talent Columbus is missing. They look exactly the same as they did last year. Void of any sort of system. They really look like a team that is just told to go out there and "play hard" without any sort of coaching involved. Last season was like watching an AHL team play pond Hockey against an NHL team and this season looks to be the same. But it's game 1. If they still look like this 15 games into the season then there's a real problem here.

Samsonite23

All Hail King Tuch
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Downtown Buffalo
Meszaros and Gionta were useless tonight. Was Reinhart playing?
a lack of speed and offensive skill was obvious plus we could not get out of our zone. Zemgus , Myers and Enroth played well.

You seriously singled out Gionta for being bad? What about his game was bad?

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
You seriously singled out Gionta for being bad? What about his game was bad?

The ridiculous hooking penalty he took on the PP was enough for me. I'm sure he had some first game pressure on him, his line just didn't click for me.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
I flipped in between this game and nearly every other game that was on tonight. Every other team I watched tonight looked like they were in a different league including Florida. The Ducks who are losing 6-3 to Pittsburgh would have beaten Buffalo 5-0 tonight. This game was shockingly bad when you consider how much talent Columbus is missing. They look exactly the same as they did last year. Void of any sort of system. They really look like a team that is just told to go out there and "play hard" without any sort of coaching involved. Last season was like watching an AHL team play pond Hockey against an NHL team and this season looks to be the same. But it's game 1. If they still look like this 15 games into the season then there's a real problem here.

I think this team will improve over last season. I'll be surprised if they get more than 65 points.

Samsonite23

All Hail King Tuch
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Downtown Buffalo
The ridiculous hooking penalty he took on the PP was enough for me. I'm sure he had some first game pressure on him, his line just didn't click for me.

He took a hooking penalty...terrible performance...

His line obviously didn't have chemistry. I still don't know why Nolan took Reinhart off the Stewart foligno line. Gionta looked solid for me tonight though. Made some nice, smart plays.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
I think it's a pretty horribly put together line to be frank.

Cirris

Nov 10, 2006
Crackport
I still remember Marek vs Wyshynski just laughing hysterically when Gorges said they were going to make the playoffs.

Marek: "no, noooo,noo, nooo. Silly Greg"

A couple things though. Stewert,Foligno, Girgensons line was by far the best all game. They definitely had good chemistry going. Z with the nice goal.

Myers and Gorges seemed to work well together. Risto looks like he belongs. other D had some iffy moments.

Hodgson Reinhart had a nice give and go play But Cody can't seem to bury his chances. Reinhart doesn't look NHL ready though. He needs more seasoning in the lower leagues.

Last edited:

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
Mike weber was....not terrible tonight. Wth? Oh, but Ben-Mez was shockingly bad. Shockingly. Worse than McBaim-Weber last season. That bad. I never want to see those two play together again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad