GDT: 06/3 ECF Game 2:Bruins vs Pens: THIS IS YOUR FRANCHISE + Hero vs Villain Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

CamFan81

HF Snob Agitator
Mar 22, 2009
RI
ib0ePs3PxESUU3.gif

iCfFQVFtWmeFy.gif
ibuUc8wtweq0on.gif

ilQlDVZEkbIYv.gif
ibtuE1cAoIu9Qy.gif

iG9wv7vteVntu.gif
ipxz0t8QUmMGn.gif

iXFHi2Wiwy0RG.gif
ibsGjouWscQHSh.gif

BruinsSpoon_zps4752fc0f.jpg

Last edited:

CamFan81

HF Snob Agitator
Mar 22, 2009
RI
iHiWw6Z8tPHHi.gif
ibe3tdJ0UzriYf.gif

iwFhM7oRg8hJm.gif
ibcx50UFehrOFU.gif

iXoGBiFxqCsB7.gif
iZXJn7vDt0KUQ.gif

iKKfkZiiJDAAS.gif
i9r1c9d9TxmAq.gif

ibkMf6ASPiHCRb.gif
ipjzTn9F50Ixi.gif

iyKmlVIozZ0UE.gif
iAAwVMyTMzMtd.gif

iEiUKipI1t46D.gif
i0EwrTXrEGtah.gif

inAXRnKcclzxO.gif
ikZYCmxCdm14r.gif

i6EEddYQSrDOc.gif
igAMsToH2IGRD.gif

ii0E1cbbYfxLR.gif
iHmJP8wo9lki.gif
ibvsRtQNqP70A9.gif
ibwhUfWhYUxkwA.gif
icQfMCf9Qzqvr.gif
ibwkauqAtHQt6b.gif

Disclaimer
Lines Subject to change or may not be entirely accurate.​

du5566*

Wow, impressive.

I think Penguins take this game 4-2 but if the Bruins can pull out another win it could be lights out for Pittsburgh. Crosby and Malkin will come out firing, Rask and company will have to weather an early storm not unlike the other night. Question is if Rask is on does Pittsburgh's frustration boil over yet again?

nazartp

Apr 5, 2006
Wow, impressive.

I think Penguins take this game 4-2 but if the Bruins can pull out another win it could be lights out for Pittsburgh. Crosby and Malkin will come out firing, Rask and company will have to weather an early storm not unlike the other night. Question is if Rask is on does Pittsburgh's frustration boil over yet again?

I doubt it. Pens are an experienced team despite their captain being a crybaby. I see two outcomes for this game - either a convincing win by the Penguins, or one of the teams wins in overtime. Odds are, Penguins are going to win.

If Penguins lose their composure once again, B's will eat them alive and this series will be short.

Paradise*

Individual thinker
Jun 9, 2010
Waiverpeg
Epic GDT!

I sure would love to see the Bruins frustrate the Penguins and take a 2-0 series lead. Coming back to the TD Gardens with a series lead would be awesome, but a split would be satisfying also. I think this game goes into OT and that could bode well for the Bruins and their depth.

nazartp

Apr 5, 2006
Ready for the Pitt pp fest?

I really did not see it last game. I kind of see why they are one of the most penalized teams though - they just don't comprehend a clean hard game. I think because they are one of top offensive powers in the league, they believe they can dig themselves out of any hole.

I hope Bruins continue to drive to the net - goals two and three last game were a direct results of Vokoun giving up the rebounds.

FTOREKBENCHTOSS

Mar 11, 2013
Bruins might lose this but if they lose close it can keep the penguins frustrated , I think the pens really need a convincing Winn tonight to salvage any momentum.

This artwork should be hung up in the ace ticket window

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I don't see the Pens losing 2 in a row in their own barn, but the getting the Pens frustrated is certainly the key to getting them off their game.

Will be interesting to see if/what adjustments Byslma makes to stop Krejci.

I don't think Julien changes the lines but they gotta know they need to clean up in their own end and watch the turnovers. Turning the puck over in our own zone is a recipe for disaster against the Pens.

Tuukka hopefully puts up another strong game.

Last edited:

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Ready for the Pitt pp fest?

If any other player or team whines a out the refs the way Crosby did-they would be fined and shafted by the refs they insulted. Because it is Crosby and the Pens the refs just try harder to give them more PP.

Pens aren't a very disciplined team. Their scoring ability covers a lot of errors.

Bruins need to stay disciplined-the PK was good on Saturday but you keep giving the Pens PP you are going to get burned.

Paradise*

Individual thinker
Jun 9, 2010
Waiverpeg
Sadly, I am sure the flopping tonight will be epic.

Go B's!

This will probably end up being a "make up call" game indeed. It makes me sick to think that the NHL and refs can cater to a team so much. Crosby may be the face of the NHL, but the game is still bigger than any one player and will survive long after he's gone. I think that's why it bothers me so much to see the league do something like this. In the long run it only effects the integrity of the game and that's the real selling point in pro sports. Just look at how a lack of integrity has effected baseball the last 15+ years.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Anyone know which refs are working the game? Are they prone to calling dives?

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Cliche stuff here but get pucks in deep, force that slow Pitt D play the puck quickly, clog up the neutral zone and the boys will be alright. Simple right?? I thought so:)

Pitt comes out hard, Boston stands Strong!!!

3-2 B`s with a post game presser showing Sid in near tears about the refs ruining the game, Mario making a similar statement followed by a "it may be time for me to get out of the game if this continues" kind of rant:)

nazartp

Apr 5, 2006
This will probably end up being a "make up call" game indeed. It makes me sick to think that the NHL and refs can cater to a team so much. Crosby may be the face of the NHL, but the game is still bigger than any one player and will survive long after he's gone. I think that's why it bothers me so much to see the league do something like this. In the long run it only effects the integrity of the game and that's the real selling point in pro sports. Just look at how a lack of integrity has effected baseball the last 15+ years.

I, honestly, can't believe that the NHL has him as a poster child. My personal view - he's a disgrace. Absolutely generational talent, but I can't stand the whiny punk. I think he got his captaincy on talent alone without any regard to leadership traits. Someone along the lines of Martin St. Louis I can get behind - talent, hard work, pure class. Too bad he's too old to cater to the public now.

nazartp

Apr 5, 2006
Cliche stuff here but get pucks in deep, force that slow Pitt D play the puck quickly, clog up the neutral zone and the boys will be alright. Simple right?? I thought so:)

Pitt comes out hard, Boston stands Strong!!!

3-2 B`s with a post game presser showing Sid in near tears about the refs ruining the game, Mario making a similar statement followed by a "it may be time for me to get out of the game if this continues" kind of rant:)

It is simple. And it should be. Boston will not outplay Pittsburgh on combination, carry puck over the blue line, brand of hockey. The B's offensive talent lies in a different dimension. Bruins game is along the boards. Outhustle, outmuscle, center the puck and crash the net. And I really think counterattack style of hockey is also a problematic affair for the B's. If they try to purely stay back and hope for turnovers, I don't think they can contain the Penguins. B's need to be on offensive, especially third and Merlot lines - grind Pitts D into oblivion and even if they don't win today, it will pay over time.

P.S.: Nothing will make me happier than Cid throwing a hissy fit and leaving hockey altogether. He can take Cooke with him.

Paradise*

Individual thinker
Jun 9, 2010
Waiverpeg
I, honestly, can't believe that the NHL has him as a poster child. My personal view - he's a disgrace. Absolutely generational talent, but I can't stand the whiny punk. I think he got his captaincy on talent alone without any regard to leadership traits. Someone along the lines of Martin St. Louis I can get behind - talent, hard work, pure class. Too bad he's too old to cater to the public now.

I completely agree. I think it also has to do with his nationality. If he was Russian, Swedish, American, etc then I don't think he'd get nearly the publicity that he does. The Canadian media just hangs off his balls too much for my liking. There's an obvious bias. Sure he's a great talent, but there is more to sports than just talent. Putting a single player as the face of any league presents an opportunity to corrupt a sport and it's integrity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad