Goals for 12 8
Goals against 9 6
Last 10 games 2-1-0 2-0-1

Info Provided by:
http://islanders.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=652233&navid=DL|NYI|home

Poulin 0n My St1ck

Oct 18, 2010
Hope they packed the KY.

I'd be happy if we walked away with even a point.

Sit McDonald for Boulton and move Cizikas up to the third line.

And obviously sit Finley for Hickey.

GarfSnowed

May 1, 2011
Hope they packed the KY.

I'd be happy if we walked away with even a point.

Sit McDonald for Boulton and move Cizikas up to the third line.

And obviously sit Finley for Hickey.

I don't agree with sitting McDonald. He's a hard worker and that third line connects very well.

Instead, though it is unlikely to happen, sit Reasoner for Boulton and moves Cizikas to center.

Nova Scotia Islander

Sep 24, 2011
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Well people here might get their wish. If Finley dresses tonight and takes on thorton or Chara he might be on the IR for a while he doesnt have the balance to hang with them. My god Boston has a tough team. Chara Thorton, Lucic, Mcquaid, everyone on their team can either fight or is willing to

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
I am going to call DP with the 3-0 shutout tonite in his first step to be comeback player of the year (I don't believe it for a second in my wildest dreams but if he does I will get to pat myself on the back and if he doesn't I will claim temporary insanity).

wingnutks

Nov 17, 2011
Oof...I was going to go with a 3-1 loss with Nabby in net. I think I'm willing to go 6-2 loss with ol' Rickety in net. Ricky pulled after 5 goals midway through the 2nd.

If we are down by that much, DP will be kept in to rest Nabby... no use in wasting Nabby on a lost cause.

Jul 3, 2011
As always, I'm hoping for a solid performance by DP (60 minutes, no injury). ;)

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
I am going to call DP with the 3-0 shutout tonite in his first step to be comeback player of the year (I don't believe it for a second in my wildest dreams but if he does I will get to pat myself on the back and doesn't it will be forgotten).

Ha, from your lips to Satan's pointed ears!

I don't know what to expect tonight. If they start tonight's game like they did last night's game, forget it. They'll surrender the lead early and won't get it back against the Bruins like they did the Leafs. They need a 60 minute effort tonight if they want a chance to win.

Hoping to see Hickey or Martinek replacing Finley in the line-up tonight.

Mustang2750*

Bruins looked like complete crap vs the Rags the other night and their bottom pairing of defensemen are complete traffic cones. I think we can win...minus the DP factor ofcourse.

Islander Prophet

Oct 31, 2010
London, UK
I wouldn't be surprised to see Dipietro start this game, and Im not against it. Give him a shot to play a game, see how he does and rest Nabokov at the same time.

I think we have a good shot to win this game, unlike what most people think actually. The team has been so good the last two games that I think we will put up 4+ goals again on the board and it should be enough.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I think this game is winnable. Boston will overlook the NYI, while the Isles, fighting for respect won't overlook Boston.

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
I am certainly not saying that Nabby is not our #1 goalie in the long run this season or that Dipi will play well tonight, but people are acting like Nabby has been standing on his head so far early this season. The guy has given up 7 goals in our two WINS, including several very weak goals. I do not have any problem with giving Rick a chance to get in net and see what he does.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
Great GDT as always Law!

Am I the only one who saw this? lol :laugh:

This is going to be rough for us. I see us having a 1 goal lead at some point in the 2nd only to be worn down and lose like 4-2. But let's hope i'm surprised!

JT with his 1st goal of the season, Grabner with the other.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad