'04 ccm 852's vs. '06 892's?

Methane

Jan 14, 2007
Fort Worth, TX
kinnee.net
edit: it also kinda sucks that there are NO shops in the city. Great skate is out in amherst, which is a good 25 minutes from my apartment, out in the middle of the burbs. Between college and work, I have to plan my day around getting my skates sharpened lol

I was in no way picking on you, if that's the impression I conveyed.

I too have to drive, 30-45 minutes to get to the local Hockey World as NOBODY in Fort Worth sells gear. Well, you can get super low end wood sticks with ABS blades at Sports Authority but I (try to) play ice.

Heck, we only have one run down rink that doesn't seem to want new players as they have no I league, the D league is higher than I would have thought and the pick-up guys don't want you unless you are darn good.

Coldaccord

Feb 4, 2007
Buffalo, NY
Ouch. I don't get to play as much as I'd like, but there are a plethora of opportunities. Every weekday the Pepsi Center (University at Buffalo's rink, which is shared with the town of Amherst, and is also a practice venue for the Buffalo Sabres) has skate and shoots from 12-2 and 2-3:20. 3 days a week Buffalo State College has 2 to 4 hour skates. There are a number of others within a 45 minute radius.

unforunately my school schedule conflicts with all but 1 skate and shoot, so I started my own. I rent the ice every Monday night and have over the past 2 years established a pretty good level of play

as a goaltender, i crave very competative skates, as I (can, don't always do though) play at a very competitive level. As a forward, I am decent, but growing with every time I play (average 2 goals when I play out). It' s a blast

at my skate and shoot, we used to have a tough time getting a good turnout. Now I have to fight people off, we usually get 25-30 skaters. Since we all like competative play it's a little tough with the guys who aren't as good, but I'm not one to turn anyone away, especially the ones who have been there since the inception

I didn't think you were picking on me, I was just providing a point-counter-point

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad