GDT: 04/10/2014 - Blues @ Minnesota - 7PM CDT - 3AM Suomi - NBCSN,TSN2 - AVENGERS EDITION

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheet

Apr 1, 2013
I'm an avs fan thats desperately hoping you guys win tonight, but mainly I just wanted to say awesome GDT.

OpRedDawn*

I don't get the logic. Like, they say they wanna keep rolling and win the game, and improve their game. At the same time, you're starting Curry, and throwing in horrible players like Rupp and Heater.... It's like half and half.

Either play to win, or rest your important guys. As of now, we have our most important guys in there to get hurt, but don't have our best players in there to win.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
best_thread_ever.jpg

It's strange, because nearly every game this season has felt like a must-win in order to keep up with the pack. Now we have 2 games that are meaningless in regards to the standings. Lose a couple points tonight? Big deal. The Blues jump ahead of the Ducks. Win tonight? Character type of victory that keeps them rolling into the playoffs. The only worry is that we keep everyone healthy. Otherwise, enjoy a couple stress free games. Quite honestly, we could use it.

So sit back, grab a beer, and enjoy watching Heatley try to skate.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
best_thread_ever.jpg

It's strange, because nearly every game this season has felt like a must-win in order to keep up with the pack. Now we have 2 games that are meaningless in regards to the standings. Lose a couple points tonight? Big deal. The Blues jump ahead of the Ducks. Win tonight? Character type of victory that keeps them rolling into the playoffs. The only worry is that we keep everyone healthy. Otherwise, enjoy a couple stress free games. Quite honestly, we could use it.

Gopher game is going to be stressful enough. Glad this one doesn't mean anything.

OpRedDawn*

last year we lose ourself into playing the top team and got spanked

this year we'll probably win ourself into playing the top team and get spanked

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
I don't get the logic. Like, they say they wanna keep rolling and win the game, and improve their game. At the same time, you're starting Curry, and throwing in horrible players like Rupp and Heater.... It's like half and half.

Either play to win, or rest your important guys. As of now, we have our most important guys in there to get hurt, but don't have our best players in there to win.

I think it's important that the players on the ice play for the win. It's coach's decision to rest some of the guys, but players' job is to play. As hard as they can.

PS. What a GDT!

The Enemy Within

Holl at .6 seconds
Feb 25, 2014
West of the SOH
Really wish I didn't have to record this one and watch it after the Gophers game. But I guess it's good to get the stressful one out of the way first. btw Avder just wanted to say thanks for the ticker blocker idea. :) Finished it yesterday and it does work great.

OpRedDawn*

Really wish I didn't have to record this one and watch it after the Gophers game. But I guess it's good to get the stressful one out of the way first. btw Avder just wanted to say thanks for the ticker blocker idea. :) Finished it yesterday and it does work great.

i'm watching this and recording the gophers heh

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013

I think it's a good idea to rest the goalie.

Cluttered

Jul 16, 2012
Saskatoon, SK
dis gdt. dis gdt man. it killed me. i am dead.

tsn2 is playing the boston union game but they won't be playing the gopher game. instead they are playing... the wild game. is this the first time i am disappointed that the wild are on canadian tv? :-P

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
So what are most Wild fans hoping for tonight? I know 99.9% of us want to avoid St.Louis, So what is the best route to do that? So do we prefer St.Louis beats us tonight and takes over #1. Keep in Mind St.Louis goes to Dallas tomorrow night on a back to back facing a desperate Dallas team, if they lose that they wouldnt control their destiny for # 1 or do we prefer the Wild Win tonight and Hope Colorado wins tonight to pass St.Louis and then Hope Colorado matches St.Louis in points the last 2 games?

I think St.Louis is going to lose to Dallas tomorrow night. So if the Wild can find a way to win in REGULATION tonight then I like Colorado's chance for a division title because I think they beat Vancouver tonight then all they would need to do is split the last 2 games against San Jose and Anaheim

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
Amazing GDT. Spit out my drink when I saw Professor X

Anyway I'm going to this game and it looks like they're resting Bryzgalov and putting John Curry in the net? What's the background on this guy? I hope Oshie doesn't make a fool of him.

Local kid --- Shorewood.

Played really solid hockey for OSB this year and became a bit of a cult hero down there. He came back from Europe to get an NHL shot again and here it is --- hard work pays off.

He went up to Iowa and was good for Iowa standards, being the fact that they were pretty poor this year. I think he then went back down for a bit and was even better than before in the E.

Should be interesting to see him play, he has NHL experience with the Pens I believe, so it's not like he will be completely out of his element.

Jaykay

Jul 5, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
I'll be preoccupied with a different game tonight but I'll be expecting a Folin review from those who are able to watch.

As many others have already said, awesome work on the GDT, tyra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad