GDT: 04/10/2014 - Blues @ Minnesota - 7PM CDT - 3AM Suomi - NBCSN,TSN2 - AVENGERS EDITION

Status
Not open for further replies.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Hope Oshie's ok. Didn't look super vicious at first look, but after watching a couple times, Rupp probably gets suspended and that's probably what he deserves.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
So wait..

We scored 4 goals in 15 shots?
Against the Blues?
Brodziak scored twice?
Our AHL goalie Curry had a sv% of .95?

Did hell freeze over?

I think their whole team may be imploding just in time for the playoffs.

Hope Oshie's ok. Didn't look super vicious at first look, but after watching a couple times, Rupp probably gets suspended and that's probably what he deserves.

Agreed. That was a dumb penalty to take. I admire the fact that we finally took some liberties with the Blues, but Rupp was just dumb out there.

Boy did i pick the wrong night to go to a concert. Missed the Wild and Gophers games.

Your avatar is kind of ironic considering what Rupp did tonight.

MNjens

Sep 27, 2013
Was working during the game. Good to hear Folin get his first point. Can anyone tell me how he looked in his first game? And are we thinking this kid could be a gem for us in the future

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Hmm... it's why I'm 100% not okay with it.

There's probably nothing I hate more than "karma" arguments.

I'm not saying it was right. Far from it.

But I'm not gonna shed any tears. We made the right decision to play physical. It took the Blues off their game and rattled them. Rupp made a bad decision in going in for the hit in the way he did, whether intentional or accidental, he needs to hit the body and he should know how to angle his body to make that hit and not the hit to the head.

That said, I'm glad we're not on the receiving end for once.

Vashanesh

Nope.
Jan 29, 2010
Minnesota
With you 100 percent. Hope it's not a concussion for Oshie.

Seeing the replay a few times, it looks like he took the brunt of it to the jaw. I'm guessing he just got knocked clean out.

Hopefully he's OK. If we do end up facing the Blues in the first round, I'd rather not improve our odds because a guy who doesn't even belong on our roster took out one of their top line wingers...

That aside, that was a fun game to watch. Frolin was noticeable a few times, none of which negative, and we have a surprising offensive night. I'm really liking the team's overall demeanor leading into the playoffs.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Hmm... it's why I'm 100% not okay with it.

There's probably nothing I hate more than "karma" arguments.
True. And if we face the Blues in the first round, and they take out Parise or any of our key guys....I'm guessing Wild fans wouldn't be happy with Blues' fans using a karma argument.

I just don't understand it. There was no reason for Rupp to be that stupid. The game was just fine, and he had to open a can of worms. He put his team in a situation where the top guys had to spend the 3rd on the bench for their own safety.

I'm all for big, hard, clean hits. I'm all for guys standing up for each other when it's warranted. He did none of that. And worse, he took himself out of the game therefore eliminating the opportunity to protect his teammates had they gotten hit. His role is very limited as it is and he didn't even give himself the chance to fill that role because of a stupid mistake.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
Watched the highlights and later the Rupp hit. I thought it was maybe slightly late, not sure, but definitely NOT a dirty hit. Rupp is taller than Oshie by far, and he hit him squarely through where a 6'5" man's body would've been. Hands were remotely down, as he used his shoulder to increase the impact.

If Benn didn't get suspended for that **** he pulled on Cooke and Rupp gets the book for this, I don't know what to say. Not that I care since, well, Rupp, but I'd want to see justice.

OpRedDawn*

i swear the whole missed thing here is how ****ing awesome nino is. Such a beast. Gets under their skin like no one else and is a tank out there. Honestly, if anyone else took that hit that he did earlier in the year, they'd be out a LONG time.... but the guy is right back out there battling against bruins and blues and making them remember his name. Doesn't back down against anyone. Totally the type of player this team needs. I never wanna see him play on another team. He's my new (old) man crush for the team. Puhis can have his spurgio, but the nino beast is mine!

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
i swear the whole missed thing here is how ****ing awesome nino is. Such a beast. Gets under their skin like no one else and is a tank out there. Honestly, if anyone else took that hit that he did earlier in the year, they'd be out a LONG time.... but the guy is right back out there battling against bruins and blues and making them remember his name. Doesn't back down against anyone. Totally the type of player this team needs. I never wanna see him play on another team. He's my new (old) man crush for the team. Puhis can have his spurgio, but the nino beast is mine!
Still can't believe we got him for Clutterbuck. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad