Pre-Game Talk: 03/21/13 Habs at Islanders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
The Islanders are coming off a soul crushing loss to the Senators, a game that saw them turn a 3-1 lead in the 3rd into a 5-3 loss. They got screwed over by Toronto on a no-goal call, then the refs missed 2 calls on the Sens GWG.

The key here is: Stay out of the box. Stay out of the box. STAY OUT OF THE BOX.

The 2 games against them we got off to good starts, gave them a PP very early in the 2nd and that completely turned the game around in their favor.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
When I saw the Isles up 3-1 against Ottawa I told my friend at the game last night were losing in Long Island, but to be honest after their collapse I have a good feeling about tomorrow night and the boys can't play worse then last night, they looked like last year's team in the first 40

LarsEller

Jul 31, 2011
Copenhagen
I have a good feeling about this one. Seems like we never lose 2 in a row this season. Plus the boys should be fired up and looking for revenge.

Go Habs Go:yo:

Krnage

Nov 22, 2010
Quebec
its-a-mouse-trap.jpg

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
Ugh. I hate facing the Islanders..
My expectations of winning are so much lower than versus say Boston. Its pretty scary.

fsdev905

Dec 22, 2006
Toronto
Coming a horrible performance against the Sabres, I don't expect tomorrow to be a trap.
I expect an easy win.The previous games vs Islanders have been trap games.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
I have a feeling this will come down to whether we can convert on the PP or not. We really need to kick up our % to make us a deadly team on the PP. This, of course, may involve playing Eller and Chucky. Seems to work almost every time. We can outgun them, just have to watch out for the drop passes that result in a cluster**** superhuge screen with a completely open Taveres/Moulson/Bailey. I'm sure PK wants to win this against his buddy Justin Timberlake.

Analyzer*

Price is playing tomorrow ?

Well, here's a 2 game losing streak.

Johnny B Good

Sep 21, 2011
Hey guys..I feel really stupid asking, but what is trapezoid? :p I see people writing about trap game etc all the time, but have no clue what it is..

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
1. Stay out of the penalty box.
2. Stay out of the penalty box.
3. Play better defensively.
4. Stay out of the penalty box.
5. No gimmees by Price.

oh, and STAY OUT of the ****ING PENALTY BOX.

WE do that. We win this game.

Raider917

Feb 4, 2004
Nova Scotia
i think Montreal will win decisively tommorow. Since the 6-0 loss to Toronto, Montreal are 5-0 (20 goals for and 10 against) after a loss.

Analyzer*

i think Montreal will win decisively tommorow. Since the 6-0 loss to Toronto, Montreal are 5-0 (20 goals for and 10 against) after a loss.

On the flip side of that, they're 0-1-1 against the Islanders this season. They've allowed 10, or 11 goals against and scored 6 I believe.

Matt Moulson is going to tear us up again.

Moroccan

Mar 16, 2013
HABS World
Now that we lost against the Buffalols and finished strong I think it's gonna be a huge win against the islanders. Prediction: 4:1 Habs :nod:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad