GDT: 02/01/17 - Wild @ Calgary - 9 PM CT / 5 AM Finland - FS-N

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hall of Faber

Nov 16, 2012
Thorndale, PA
C3jPUSRVUAEpOTr.jpg

CALGARY -- The Minnesota Wild will try and continue its good start to a four-game, nine-day Canadian road trip when it plays the second of back-to-back games in Alberta on Wednesday against the Calgary Flames at Scotiabank Saddledome.

The Wild finished off a 5-2 win over the Edmonton Oilers on Tuesday, its first game back from the All-Star break. The win extended Minnesota's road points streak to 14 games, a stretch that started here on Dec. 2 in a game the Wild lost 3-2 in a shootout.

Minnesota is trying for its first win against the Flames this season in its final try, posting a 0-1-1 mark so far.

Contributions from up and down the lineup highlighted the Wild's win in Edmonton, as Minnesota got a pair of goals from Tyler Graovac, and goals from Zach Parise, Jason Zucker and Chris Stewart.

"That's how it's been for awhile and I think it's been a key to us winning and our success," Parise said. "You get three goals from your so-called fourth line, that makes a huge difference."

- Dan Myers Wild.com

:flames

Gaudreau - Monahan - Brouwer
Tkachuk - Backlund - Frolik
Chiasson - Bennett - Versteeg
Bouma - Stajan - Ferland

MARK GIORDANO - DOUGIE HAMILTON
TJ BRODIE - DENNIS WIDEMAN
BRETT KULAK - DERYK ENGELLAND

Last edited by a moderator:

FVM

This does not please me.
Jan 26, 2010
Vantaa, Finland
Finns have to love these Western Canada trips we take.

It's definitely way better than the 2 AM, 3 AM games (6, 7 PM Central time). Trying to wake up for this one, here's hoping I don't smash the alarm clock too hard at 5 AM.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Heard we'll be wearing our special alternative 3rd jerseys tonight. :sarcasm:

HSlashers2.jpg

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
slash , slash , slash , apply a little slash! if we're gonna be accused of something may as well have some fun & really do it.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Koivu Kendo!

Hopes it's more interesting than last night's game. Oiler's are boring.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
It's road trips like this that make me very, very happy the Wild are no longer in the Northwestern Division.

MoeTheHobo

Jan 24, 2017
Well I think the reason why Finns are so depressed especially in winter is because they stay up all night watching the Wild lose during the annual mid-season slump. But this year I feel a bit happier for some reason

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
It's road trips like this that make me very, very happy the Wild are no longer in the Northwestern Division.

No kidding. I absolutely loved these Western road trips in college, because 9pm was about the time I was starting to perk up for the night.

But now that I'm in the real world... No bueno :laugh:

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Well I think the reason why Finns are so depressed especially in winter is because they stay up all night watching the Wild lose during the annual mid-season slump. But this year I feel a bit happier for some reason

So suicides on a notable decline in Finland for some otherwise unexplained reason? :sarcasm:

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
No kidding. I absolutely loved these Western road trips in college, because 9pm was about the time I was starting to perk up for the night.

But now that I'm in the real world... No bueno :laugh:

I find it's way easier to work tired tomorrow than it is to try to watch the game with still-goddamn-awake kids tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad