GDT: 02/01/14 - Wild @ Flames - 9pm CST/5am Suomi - FS-North/WI, CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
i'd feel worse about this if CGY hadn't been on a 5 game win streak.

Dampland

Mar 14, 2011
Gainfully Employed
Gawd BALLARD is so horse **** defensively! That final goal was about 80% his fault, for standing along the boards playing grab ass, instead of his position.

Yeo should be fire just for have Ballard on the ice in overtime. WTF!

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
slow starts murder us. First line didn't look at all like they had been. All we had was secondary scoring tonight.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Gawd BALLARD is so horse **** defensively! That final goal was about 80% his fault, for standing along the boards playing grab ass, instead of his position.

Yeo should be fire just for have Ballard on the ice in overtime. WTF!

But not Pominville, who let the second man in take the puck and go to the net...

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
No excuse for the lack of effort tonight.
29b2a1dca2057bfd0c13c1afe16768e3ddb067ded211c7e5bbd3323427e1af02.jpg

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Thus my reason for saying Ballard was only 80% at fault. Pomenville has been pretty horese**** defenisvely all season. :rant:

If we're assigning blame:

Ballard 10% for losing a puck battle (although against 2 guys it's understandable)
Pominville: 85% for not playing basic defense
Stoner: 5% for that stupid cross-body that never works

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
Every single player on the ice is at fault for that horrendous OT goal. Yes, even Kuemper. It's pointless arguing over whose fault it was when it was 100% a team effort to **** the bed that hard.

Blizzard6411

#benchstoner
Feb 12, 2013
Seattle
Give me a ****ing break with the Pominville hate! The guy has 22 goals on the season. Coyle gets top line minutes without question and has nothing to show for it.

Jarik wouldn't be more right about the stupidity of that! Hear Fontaines name tonight? Neither did I! Why in the **** was he dropped to the fourth line?

Northland Wild Man

Finnesotans?
Jun 14, 2011
Grand Forks, ND
Well it sucks to lose to a trash team that is really trying to **** up their draft position, but there you go.

I put the blame for the loss on a few things.

Incompetent arena workers who apparently can't make sure the ice is ready to play on. Apparently some cowboy hat giveaway is more important than the game itself. This benefits Calgary's style quite a bit.

Officiating that favored the home team. I don't care what anyone says, it did. There should have been a 4 minute PP to begin the game which didn't get called. They also let all kinds of stuff go at the end of the game when the Wild pressed for the winner. IMO you can let some stuff go late in the game, but when the penalty prevents a scoring chance you have to call it.

Slow start kills us all the time. Why the **** can't guys who make what these guys make for salary get motivated? For the money they make they should be painting the arena in the off season. :laugh:

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
Went back and watched the video.

Ballard lost a puck battle in embarrassing fashion when he had plenty of time. Pominville just sat there and watched it happen instead of supporting. Scandella was in the middle of the slot covering absolutely nothing and dove at nothing in particular like it's ****ing NHL 14. Granlund was off looking for a cherry-pick. And Kuemper was halfway between the crease and the boards when the puck went in.

God I ****ing hate this team sometimes.

PZA*

Calgary right now is one of those teams not to understimate... they may have the worst talent in the NHL, but they have effort, work hard and have nothing to lose.

LemaireisGOD

Jul 19, 2010
Nowhere, WI
My take...

http://www.stateofhockeynews.com/2014-articles/february/wild-vs-lames.html

Yeo did his best to try to shield his team from criticism, but it ignored the fact this team played that poorly in the first two periods of the last two games. It has not been a great last two games for Brodin. Ballard IMO, is looking more confident in the offensive zone and I like him more on the point than Suter on the power play. I have a full game recap, an Iowa Wild report and prospect updates on Mario Lucia, Mathew Dumba and Raphael Bussieres.

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
Yeo trying to paint positives is sickening, we fought back down 3-1 on a long road trip, Calgary has won 5 in a row Blah blah blah

Blizzard6411

#benchstoner
Feb 12, 2013
Seattle
Suter just said on After Hours that he has never seen Crosby's golden goal, but "he knows it happened". Then, HNIC folks asked him if he wanted to watch it. :laugh:
That interview was pure Ryan and why I respect him so much. He is so humble and it is quite refreshing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad