Bullrun

Jan 22, 2007
funny gamecenter glitch

25k0okm.jpg

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Just finished the game. It looked something like it propably was. A tired team in the final game of the tough road trip.. on crappy ice.

That one point was the most important part of it. I'm not freaking out, it was just one of those games.

4 games, 4 points. They could've done better, but could've done much worse also.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
We never should have been losing in this game late in the 3rd. But at least we received one point. It was a long road trip and at least we played .500 on the trip. I wish we would have gotten 2 last night but let's be realistic... given how crappy we played we're lucky we collected the 1 point.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Give me a ****ing break with the Pominville hate! The guy has 22 goals on the season. Coyle gets top line minutes without question and has nothing to show for it.

Jarik wouldn't be more right about the stupidity of that! Hear Fontaines name tonight? Neither did I! Why in the **** was he dropped to the fourth line?

It's not hate, just an observation. Would've been the same if it had been anybody in that spot.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
I liked how Yeo was double shifting the top line early, but the Wild got in serious penalty trouble and that completely killed them. They weren't able to get any kind of momentum or consistency until the third, where they stormed back, but then dropped in OT.

Some thoughts...

Granlund looks downright fast lately. Can't wait to see how he looks in a year or two. Pominville is a real hit or miss guy, either buries pucks or is completely invisible.

Coyle is looking more and more like a third liner to me. I know he's got the physical skills but I just don't know that he has the ability to put it together.

Cooke needs to quit with the whining. He's a good player and I'm glad he's not laying cheap shots, but yeah he should have drawn a high stick but the game is still going on, shut your mouth and get up and play.

Kuemper looks like he's starting to turn the corner...for the worse. He's getting too aggressive and losing his angles and giving up some bad goals. Running around too much. Granted his defense has been atrocious in front of him, but still.

Ballard...he adds that offensive punch but man is he terrible on defense. He and Stoner can't be on the same pairing. Just awful together.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
I am convinced now that we have to do something about the goalie position if we make the playoffs and certainly before next season starts. Kuemper is going to go up and down. He's not going to be fantastic all the time. Harding, for as tough as it is to admit, cannot be totally relied on which is heartbreaking. I love the guy and his health is all that matters. Backs, I am not sure but he's a good back up. We need a steady #1 in there that's more advanced than Kuemper but not rusty/aging like Backs.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
I don't think it would be wise to grab another goaltender with our current swiss-cheese defense. Besides, if we even make the playoffs, we'll be playing either St. Louis, Anaheim, or Chicago in the first round. Basically, I don't think the Wild have potential to go deep this year. Let Kuemper and Gustafsson continue developing. See what happens with Harding. Play Backstrom as little as possible. See what happens next year with our playoff match-up.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
I don't think it would be wise to grab another goaltender with our current swiss-cheese defense. Besides, if we even make the playoffs, we'll be playing either St. Louis, Anaheim, or Chicago in the first round. Basically, I don't think the Wild have potential to go deep this year. Let Kuemper and Gustafsson continue developing. See what happens with Harding. Play Backstrom as little as possible. See what happens next year with our playoff match-up.

If we do make the playoffs which I think we will. I would rather play Anaheim in first round over Chicago and Chicago over St.Louis

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012

You make good points. I would like to get Gustafsson in there, too. However, if some veteran goalie does become available, I am not sure I'd object to taking a look for this season yet. I don't think we will go very deep into the playoffs this year but I feel like we can go deeper than last season. If goalie is a concern, signing an older veteran that knows how to play in the playoffs might be an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad