GDT: #02 – Sabres at Leafs – Mon Jan 21 – 7:00PM ET – TV: MSG-B – Radio: WGR-AM

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
gdt-02-top-1.png
gdt-02-top-2.png

gdt-02-top-3.png
gdt-02-top-4.png

GDT #02: SABRES (1-0-0) at LEAFS (1-0-0) – MON JAN 21 – 7:00PM ET – TV: MSG-B – RADIO: WGR-AM

1.13 – Buffalo Sabres 2012-13 Media Guide (Press Release – Sabres.com)

1.19 – Nazem Kadri, Tyler Bozak score as Maple Leafs edge Canadiens (The Canadian Press – CBC)

1.20 – Sabres GM Regier receives extension; Pegula apologizes for lockout (Bill Hoppe – Olean Times Herald)

1.20 – No middle ground for Sabres’ Cup hopes (John Vogl – The Buffalo News)

1.20 – Sabres make offseason moves to bring more fire to the ice (John Vogl – The Buffalo News)

1.20 – In shortened season, a hot goalie could be difference (Mike Harrington – The Buffalo News)

1.20 – Vanek leads Sabres to 5-2 win over Flyers (John Wawrow – Associated Press)

1.20 – Sabres find that winning combination (John Vogl – The Buffalo News)

1.20 – Leafs draw strength from within (David Shoalts – The Globe and Mail)

1.20 – Leafs set for home opener against Sabres (Corey Masisak – NHL.com)

1.21 – Grigorenko, Ott impress in Sabres debuts (Bill Hoppe – Olean Times Herald)
header-350x60-team-news-left.png
header-350x60-default-right.png

BUFFALO SABRES

Projected Lineup

26 Thomas Vanek ("A") - 19 Cody Hodgson - 29 Jason Pominville ("C")
82 Marcus Foligno - 63 Tyler Ennis - 21 Drew Stafford ("A")
9 Steve Ott - 25 Mikhail Grigorenko - 55 Jochen Hecht
32 John Scott - 37 Matt Ellis - 36 Patrick Kaleta

24 Robyn Regehr - 57 Tyler Myers
10 Christian Ehrhoff - 52 Alexander Sulzer
3 Jordan Leopold - 44 Andrej Sekera

30 Ryan Miller
1 Jhonas Enroth

Lineup News & Notes

Nathan Gerbe (back) and Cody McCormick (finger) remain on injured reserve, while T.J. Brennan, Ville Leino (LBI)
and Mike Weber were scratched in yesterday's 5-2 win over Philadelphia. Ryan Miller starts again in goal, while
first-round pick Mikhail Grigorenko continues to center the third-line. The scratches are Brennan, Leino and Weber.

Weekly Transactions

David Leggio, Mark Mancari, Adam Pardy, Kevin Porter, Drew Schiestel and Nick Tarnasky each cleared waivers last
week, while Joe Finley was claimed by the New York Islanders. Buffalo announced Darcy Regier's contract extension
on Saturday.

According to the Stats

Buffalo were 3-3-0 versus Toronto last season, with Ryan Miller playing all six games and stopping 152 of 172 shots
against (3.34 GAA, .884 SV%). Jason Pominville and Thomas Vanek, each with two goals and six assists, were their
leading scorers in the series.
header-350x60-opp-news-left.png
header-350x60-opp-news-right.png

TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS

Projected Lineup

19 Joffrey Lupul ("A") - 42 Tyler Bozak - 81 Phil Kessel
16 Clarke MacArthur ("A") - 84 Mikhail Grabovski - 41 Nikolai Kulemin
21 James van Riemsdyk - 43 Nazem Kadri - 47 Leo Komarov
18 Mike Brown - 11 Jay McClement - 28 Colton Orr

3 Dion Phaneuf ("C") - 53 Mike Kostka
45 Mark Fraser - 24 John-Michael Liles
36 Carl Gunnarsson - 55 Korbinian Holzer

30 Ben Scrivens
34 James Reimer

Lineup News & Notes

Jake Gardiner (concussion) remains on injured reserve, while Mark Fraser, Korbinian Holzer and David Steckel
were scratched in Saturday's 2-1 win over Montreal. Ben Scrivens starts in goal, while Fraser and Holzer rotate
into the Toronto lineup, with Cody Franson and Mike Komisarek joining Steckel as scratches.

Weekly Transactions

Tim Connolly, Ryan Hamilton and Mike Mottau each cleared waivers last week, while Keith Aucoin was claimed by
the New York Islanders and first-round pick Morgan Rielly was returned to Moose Jaw (WHL). Toronto also traded
Matthew Lombardi to Phoenix for a 2014 fourth-round pick last Wednesday and then signed Joffrey Lupul to a five-
year contract extension yesterday.

According to the Stats

Toronto were 3-2-1 in six games versus Buffalo last season. Phil Kessel, with two goals and four assists, and Joey
Crabb, with two goals and five assists, were their leading scorers in the series.

header-350x60-stats-standings-left.png
header-350x60-stats-standings-right.png

gdt-02-stats-standings-1.png
gdt-02-stats-standings-2.png

header-350x60-multimedia-left.png
header-350x60-default-right.png

A/V CLUB

1.19 – Terry Pegula, Ted Black and Darcy Regier speak at the introductory press conference. <22:27>

1.19 – Highlights of Toronto's 2-1 win over Montreal. <5:59>

1.19 – Randy Carlyle speaks with the media following Toronto's 2-1 win over Montreal. <5:25>

1.20 – Highlights of Buffalo's 5-2 win over Philadelphia. <4:51>

1.20 – Lindy Ruff speaks with the media following Buffalo's 5-2 win over Philadelphia. <7:55>

1.21 – Bob McGill and Paul Hendricks preview tonight's game for LeafsTV. <4:02>

1.21 – Randy Carlyle speaks with the media following the morning skate in Toronto. <10:24>

1.21 – Dion Phaneuf speaks with the media following the morning skate in Toronto. <2:34>

1.21 – Lindy Ruff speaks with the media following the morning skate in Toronto. <2:37>

GAMEDAY CHAT

IRC Server: irc.esper.net ... Channel: #sabres ... If you have questions: FYI - Sabres Chat

Last edited:

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
Scott may actually have a dance partner tomorrow night in Orr. :handclap:

I'm a bit worried about the Sabres playing the back-to-back game, and Toronto gave them some trouble last year. Toronto's not a very good team on paper, but they're scrappy and can surprise you. The Sabres had best come prepared.

Fire Lindy

Trust the System
Jan 3, 2011
Wonder who the Leafs will have in net. Their offense isn't bad, some good speed on that team. I think we see a high scoring game tomorrow.

FearTheBeard

Mar 27, 2011
I really hope we win this game. All my buddies and what seems like the entire University campus are leafs fans. Of course I have class from 6-9 so I am recording the game and shutting off my phone, Facebook and twitter and sitting by myself in class away from my friends who will be streaming it. Its gonna be a hell of a challenge

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto
Wonder who the Leafs will have in net. Their offense isn't bad, some good speed on that team. I think we see a high scoring game tomorrow.

Scrivens, just came off a solid game and was the first star. He deserves the start and will most likely get it, Reimer will start against Pittsburgh or the Islanders (more likely), doubt Carlyle throws him out while hes cold against Geno and Sid.

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
Scott may actually have a dance partner tomorrow night in Orr. :handclap:

Orr's career might end if he does. He's been KO'd repeatedly; his style is to take 3 punches to give one, but taking 3 punches from Scott is not something that people do, especially when they've been ko'd a few times already.

Last edited:

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto

More than likely Scrivens. Although a bit shaky at times (who wouldn't be in their first game in Montreal and it being the season opener) he did the job only allowing one goal, getting the W and first star. Reimer is just not ready yet, he looked pretty bad in the scrimmage game last week. Scrivens will probably go until we lose or if we get shelled.

Vito_81

Jul 23, 2006
Toronto
I'll be in attendance as per usual for games in T.O.

Here's hoping for a nice Buffalo win!

Heck, I'm greedy! Here's to a BIG Buffalo win AND to seeing Grigorenko's first NHL goal!

HiddenInLight

Sep 4, 2011
Alright! Pumped up to see the leafs get blown away by our Sabres! Hopefully we can go into their house, and not only beat them, but beat them up like we did Philly. (Man I love being able to say that. :laugh:)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad