GDT: #01 | New Jersey Devils vs. New York Islanders | Jan 19 | L 1-2

InformTheMasses

Jun 13, 2010
www.youtube.com
A tale of two Ninos.....the one yanked for a tryout (cap relief) and the one left alone to develop (cap hit won't count).

I guess there are two Nino's thanks to the CBA.

100% true. Which is why the 'develop the kids properly' vs. the 'play the guys with the most talent' debates that take over every thread on this board are so amusing. It's pointless since the organization doesn't even have this debate.

NY Islanders Organizational Priority's when taking the NHL Roster into account

1. Maximize the invisible dollars (Salary Cap hit - actual player paycheck)
2. Maximize the invisible dollars (Salary Cap hit - actual player paycheck)
3. Maximize the invisible dollars (Salary Cap hit - actual player paycheck)
4. Maximize the invisible dollars (Salary Cap hit - actual player paycheck)

You wont find 'most talent' or 'proper player development' on this list

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
I see keeping the kids down as a positive, so I don't agree with Larry about that at all. He does have a point about using the cap hits by keeping them up in the past though which is what I thought his point was centered around. He should have kept the waiver pick ups out of it for that reason.

If he wants to grill ownership over the current team all he has to do is drag the complete lack of meaningful trades the club has made over the past three years (zero). You only get to claim "There was no trade to be had" for so long without sounding like a disingenuous liar. Wang & Snow have long past that point.

OlTimeHockey

Dec 5, 2003
home
"Nino is a bust, he needs to be in the AHL"

6 months later

"Snow sucks, Nino needs to be in the NHL"

I really hate some of our "fans"
If Nino's development is interrupted this year, I will puke on Snow. Beer and guacamole puke. He'll look like Christmas!

Same goes for Strome and Reinhart. The CBA forces Snow to develop kids by not going cheap for d-bag Wang. This is great news, fans.

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
If Nino's development is interrupted this year, I will puke on Snow. Beer and guacamole puke. He'll look like Christmas!

Same goes for Strome and Reinhart. The CBA forces Snow to develop kids by not going cheap for d-bag Wang. This is great news, fans.

In preparation, I'm going to have some guacamole for lunch, and since I'm working from home, I'll have a beer too.

To be honest, I wouldn't have minded seeing Strome, Reinhart and Nino for a game or two. A lot of teams are keeping young players this year BUT I just don't trust the NYI because they don't do it for the players or the team, they do it to reach the floor, even when the players are simply overmatched.

I think a game or two from Strome would help him understand what he needs to improve on. He's never played a pro game.

I think Nino earned a game or two just on his play in the AHL.

Reinhart, well, he's so young and still raw, and given the waiver pick-ups and Martinek, I suppose it makes more sense to send him back.

But considering it's Aucoin, Boulton, Reasoner, McDonald playing ahead of these guys, it's not like the NYI are committed to "winning now"

I see keeping the kids down as a positive, so I don't agree with Larry about that at all. He does have a point about using the cap hits by keeping them up in the past though which is what I thought his point was centered around. He should have kept the waiver pick ups out of it for that reason.

If he wants to grill ownership over the current team all he has to do is drag the complete lack of meaningful trades the club has made over the past three years (zero). You only get to claim "There was no trade to be had" for so long without sounding like a disingenuous liar. Wang & Snow have long past that point.

I think his message is loud and clear: "This organization is a joke and it $tart$ at the top. Don't expect things to change."

I thought there was something in the CBA about using revenue share money on PLAYERS, not to line the owner's pocket? Does that take effect this year?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad