GDT: 01 Feb 14: Penguins @ Coyotes

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Sooooo....safe to assume the next game will be a 4-1 Dallas win? :laugh: :cry:

No. Dallas is actually a pretty good team. A lot of solid young core pieces there. In a couple of seasons they'll be extremely dangerous. So it won't be a 4:1 Dallas win. It'll be 2:1 Dallas win. If they sucked more, we'd lose worse.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Great win for the Coyotes but I thought Crosby looked disinterested all night last night. He didn't seem to have his usual drive right from the start. That was disappointing. I went to the game hoping to see Crosby play well and the Coyotes win. Well I got one of them. I guess they all have down days???

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Looks like I'm not allowed to watch any more games. Didn't watch the LA game, they won. Watched Buffalo, and we know how that went. Then didn't watch last night, win. Horse ****

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
I went to the game hoping to see Crosby play well and the Coyotes win. Well I got one of them. I guess they all have down days???

Instead you got to see our D totally frustrate two of the greatest players in the game today, not to mention said players supporting cast.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
Well as many predicted, great game tonight. Extra props to OEL, Hanzal, Z, Yandle, Vermette, Korpi, Ribeiro, Vrbata and Smith but really the whole team was great tonight. It's not surprising they win when they play like that.

Those of you who read my rants in the Buffalo GDT can probably guess that I'm very happy with Ribeiro. He finally decided to shoot when they left him open and covered everyone else!!!

This says it all. I'd like to add my hope that the boys FINALLY come to realize that they can and will win when playing as per Tippett.

It had nearly come to the point of my praying for Ribeiro to shoot. :sarcasm:

howlincoyote2k1

Apr 14, 2005
Provo, Utah
Now THAT was Coyotes hockey. What a great 3rd period shutting down the Penguins and not just sitting on the lead. Perfect. Outstanding. Textbook. Flawless.

I was expecting a huge barrage from the Penguins, like we see all the time when the Coyotes head into the 3rd period protecting a lead. Not so tonight. Completely smothered and suffocated.

If we play like that every single night, we might win 60 games.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I didn't see Crosby get frustrated, I saw him disinterested. He didn't start the game off flying and get shutdown by the Coyotes. He just didn't seem to have any interest in this game. I like OEL but I doubt he shuts Crosby down when Crosby is playing a good game, not many can do that.

Instead you got to see our D totally frustrate two of the greatest players in the game today, not to mention said players supporting cast.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Yeah, I have a feeling for some players the focus may be elsewhere... for instance the Pens don't really have to worry about playoff positioning that much right how - with Crosby and Malkin v. Ekman-Larsson and Michalek I didn't see Penguins v. Coyotes, I saw Canada and Russia v. Sweden and the Czech Republic.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
I didn't see Crosby get frustrated, I saw him disinterested. He didn't start the game off flying and get shutdown by the Coyotes. He just didn't seem to have any interest in this game. I like OEL but I doubt he shuts Crosby down when Crosby is playing a good game, not many can do that.

You're kidding yourself if you think Crosby wouldn't try on two seperate one on one situations against OEL. When players are disinterested, it is the rough stuff that they tend to avoid. A chance to create a highlight goal or even create a great chance one on one on a d-man, no, that isn't something a player like Crosby is going to just pass up.

I just don't think you know a great d-men when you see one. It's easier to spot flashy offensive hockey for most people.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I watch OEL every night. I am well aware of how good he is. But if you believe Crosby was all in for that game last night then you obviously have no idea how good he actually is. Crosby did not make one full speed rush up the ice last night. I thought Malkin had a much better effort than amounted to nothing because of the Coyotes play against him. Except the goal obviously. And for the record on 2 of those 1v1 rushes against OEL last night he got away a backhand shot.

You're kidding yourself if you think Crosby wouldn't try on two seperate one on one situations against OEL. When players are disinterested, it is the rough stuff that they tend to avoid. A chance to create a highlight goal or even create a great chance one on one on a d-man, no, that isn't something a player like Crosby is going to just pass up.

I just don't think you know a great d-men when you see one. It's easier to spot flashy offensive hockey for most people.

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
Finally found a GIF to express how I felt after this game...
dancing-lobsters-o.gif

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
A little bit of data mining - on the whole "if Sid had a bad game, was he not interested or did we outplay him?"

In 55 games so far this season, he has had 0 pts and a negative plus-minus and fewer than 3 shots exactly twice. That game Saturday, and a 5-1 loss at home to the panthers on 1/20 that ended their long home winning streak.

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
A little bit of data mining - on the whole "if Sid had a bad game, was he not interested or did we outplay him?"

In 55 games so far this season, he has had 0 pts and a negative plus-minus and fewer than 3 shots exactly twice. That game Saturday, and a 5-1 loss at home to the panthers on 1/20 that ended their long home winning streak.

Saw that theme quite a bit over on the Pens' GDT.

What's funny is fans from other teams complaining that their star players are performing bad usually follow it up with complaints of how the Coyotes are such a boring team to watch.

Yeah.... our guys shutting your guys down is always boring. ;)

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Sooooo....safe to assume the next game will be a 4-1 Dallas win? :laugh: :cry:

No. Dallas is actually a pretty good team. A lot of solid young core pieces there. In a couple of seasons they'll be extremely dangerous. So it won't be a 4:1 Dallas win. It'll be 2:1 Dallas win. If they sucked more, we'd lose worse.

I guess we'll just split the difference. :cry:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad