GDT: 01/14/14 - Ottawa Senators @ Minnesota Wild - 7pm CST - FS-North, SNET-East

Status
Not open for further replies.

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
Wild play a team that's not on a massive losing streak. Wild look as listless and ineffective as they always have under Yeo.

Sounds about right.

#yeolo

Wild Caniac

@WildCaniac
Jan 23, 2013
NC
This game severely pissed me off. Maybe its because the Hurricanes lost 2-0 to Calgary at home last night and this game looks eerily similar, but this is just so ****ing frustrating.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
As long as Yeo doesn't pull the goalie. With our history of it...plus the turnovers tonight...it'll be over with in a hurry.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I want to steal that Camry and drive it off a cliff along with all copies of that dumb commercial.

Hey look I found the clip I was thinking of when I posted this!

ALSO, It is now a metaphor for our season lately.

Northland Wild Man

Finnesotans?
Jun 14, 2011
Grand Forks, ND
This last penalty on Suter is legit, but these officials need to be punished or threatened or something.

This is ridiculous. You can't win in this league when you don't get any calls. This team seems to get the short end of it quite a bit too. In all of our games in California the refs made sure we couldn't win. Throw in a few more here and there, and it makes you wonder about this league. Where would we be in the standings with 4 or 5 more wins instead of losses?

Game over right there.

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
So much for trying to gain ground. If we lose to the Oilers on Thursday, heads will roll.

Yeah if we lose on Thursday I think Yeo is gone. This game was just 100% everyone reverting to all the bad habits that nearly got him fired a few weeks ago. Kinda proves that we were just coasting against some struggling teams.

Not gonna blame the refs. Some bad calls, for sure, but by god we got shutout. Blaming the refs is turning into a habit, and that either means that we've been playing lazily and bringing it on ourselves and just looking for excuses, or else it's a conspiracy!!!!1!

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Guys didn't come to play. Can't blame the refs though they sure didn't help matters. The boys were very lazy out of the gate. The shots differential in the 1st was crazy.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Yeah if we lose on Thursday I think Yeo is gone. This game was just 100% everyone reverting to all the bad habits that nearly got him fired a few weeks ago.

Unfortunately I think he's won too much lately for a firing to come that fast.

Which is frustrating, cause I want him gone so bad at this point, but I was actually holding out hope that he was turning it around this time.

Oh well.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere

Which is frustrating, cause I want him gone so bad at this point, but I was actually holding out hope that he was turning it around this time.

Oh well.

Olympic break. Said it all along.

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal

Oh well.

I'm hoping Leipold and Fletcher are smart enough to see the bigger pattern. Those four wins were a total outlier that are very easily explained by looking at the opponents we were playing against. The team's now completely reverting to every bad habit that has plagued his tenure. It's becoming blatantly obvious that while Yeo can occasionally turn this team around for stretches, he just doesn't have the capacity to make that turnaround a permanent thing.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Olympic break. Said it all along.

What you think Laviolette is gonna help Team USA bring home the goal and then come help us bring home The Cup?

Ha. That would be kind of funny if that happened tho. I need to remember to quote myself if, on the snowballs chance in hell has to happen, it actually happens.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
We need some type of rally.

z9wTRwWM.jpg

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
What you think Laviolette is gonna help Team USA bring home the goal and then come help us bring home The Cup?

Ha. That would be kind of funny if that happened tho. I need to remember to quote myself if, on the snowballs chance in hell has to happen, it actually happens.

Time to bring in Bombay

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
One thing I miss when Parise's out is his candor in his postgame interviews. I like Veilleux but man is he just parroting the company line, so to speak. We need more guys like ZP who are willing to come out and say "we were terrible tonight" instead of just talking about team efforts and bouncing back.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
One thing I miss when Parise's out is his candor in his postgame interviews. I like Veilleux but man is he just parroting the company line, so to speak. We need more guys like ZP who are willing to come out and say "we were terrible tonight" instead of just talking about team efforts and bouncing back.

Well one is a widely respected hockey player and isn't going to be sent down. The other is chomping at the bit to just stay up with the big team. Course he'll spew whatever Yeo wants him to. But I do agree. This team needs to stop making excuses when they play like crap.

Montana41

Dec 29, 2013
Poor effort, bad bounces and the refs didn't necessarily help matters in the first period. I can't stand Yeo's grinding along the wall game plans that he's corrupting this team with. I'm nearly certain Yeolo will be with us the rest of the year- mostly as there is no suitable "slam dunk" replacement. Gonna be a long haul this season. Time to "play bad for Ekblad"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad