GDT: 01/14/14 - Ottawa Senators @ Minnesota Wild - 7pm CST - FS-North, SNET-East

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Well one is a widely respected hockey player and isn't going to be sent down. The other is chomping at the bit to just stay up with the big team. Course he'll spew whatever Yeo wants him to. But I do agree. This team needs to stop making excuses when they play like crap.

Agreed. The only people you are likely to get the truth out of when discussing an organization are people that can't be jettisoned at will by said organization.

I'd honestly like to know what % of the crap LaPanta and Greenlay say that unrealistically puts a positive spin on things that they actually believe

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Agreed. The only people you are likely to get the truth out of when discussing an organization are people that can't be jettisoned at will by said organization.

I'd honestly like to know what % of the crap LaPanta and Greenlay say that unrealistically puts a positive spin on things that they actually believe

Good question. I would hope they don't believe half the crap they are required to spew out. Yeo and Co. should be glad this market is so nice to them. I can't imagine Philly or New York markets would fare the same outcome.

OpRedDawn*

What a horrendous effort. Grind grind grind grind, lose one battle and the sens make a clean breakout. Passing was horrible

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
Yeo needs to talk to Gruntland about forechecking and energy. Granny's now forechecking his legs off. He needs to play the percentage better and adjust his forechecking accordingly. It can't be all-in all the time.

Has to be said though, I don't think I've ever seen anyone's skating so radically improved as Grandioso's in one summer. Hats off to everyone involved.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Checking the standings, and had we won tonight, we would have solidified our hold on 8th against the Coyotes quite a bit.

Disappointing.

GORGO

Dec 10, 2011
BABBITT, MN
Yeo needs to talk to Gruntland about forechecking and energy. Granny's now forechecking his legs off. He needs to play the percentage better and adjust his forechecking accordingly. It can't be all-in all the time.

Has to be said though, I don't think I've ever seen anyone's skating so radically improved as Grandioso's in one summer. Hats off to everyone involved.
I do agree as well, but I'm also not sure I've ever seen a player that falls down as much as Griswold either. Whether he is knocked down, loses an edge or trips over his skates. I counted 6 times last night and I didn't even see the whole game. That needs to change if he's ever going to be a star.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Jeff Skinner used to fall down a lot, while he's an exceptionally good skater. I think that Grrgrr will be fine. It's not as bad as it was a year ago,

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere

Gunderson shouldn't need to be forechecking from the get go anyways.

Harvest

Nov 21, 2013
I do agree as well, but I'm also not sure I've ever seen a player that falls down as much as Griswold either. Whether he is knocked down, loses an edge or trips over his skates. I counted 6 times last night and I didn't even see the whole game. That needs to change if he's ever going to be a star.

Except last game, he hasn't been knocked down, or falling down that often or at least compared to last season..

Edit: Btw i dont expect him to be a star, i expect him to be a good second line center..

eme

Oct 22, 2006
Helsinki
I havent seen him fall nearly as often in previous games as I saw him in this game. Granted I haven't watched all of the games.

GORGO

Dec 10, 2011
BABBITT, MN
Except last game, he hasn't been knocked down, or falling down that often or at least compared to last season..

Edit: Btw i dont expect him to be a star, i expect him to be a good second line center..
I personally would expect my 9th overall choice to be a star at some point and stay on his feet. But that's me.. Have to believe Fletcher didn't draft Grizzy 9th overall to be a 2nd line center.

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010

That's one of the reasons I wrote that. Some of those knock downs were pretty soft and seemed to me like he didn't have his legs. Last season his energy went to defensive play, this season it goes to forechecking like no tomorrow. Next season it's enforcing baby!

Jaykay

Jul 5, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
I personally would expect my 9th overall choice to be a star at some point and stay on his feet. But that's me.. Have to believe Fletcher didn't draft Grizzy 9th overall to be a 2nd line center.

You know, like all those other superstar 9th overall picks: Josh Bailey, Jared Cowen, James Sheppard, Brian Lee, Ladislav Smid etc. Just because you're picking at 9 doesn't mean you're guaranteed a star, Logan Couture is the only star taken at #9 in the past 10 years or so.

"Grizzy" keeps getting better and is going to be a really good player for us, just let him develop.

Harvest

Nov 21, 2013

Last ten 9th overall, how many star do you see?

2013 Bo Horvat
2012 Jacob Trouba
2011 Dougie Hamilton
2010 Mikael Granlund
2009 Jared Cowen
2008 Joshua Bailey
2007 Logan Couture
2006 James Sheppard
2005 Brian Lee
2004 Ladislav Smid
2003 Dion Phaneuf

Jarick

Doing Nothing
The Nth overall thing is just dumb. It's not like there's some secret curse on 9th picks that doesn't apply to 10th or 11th.

Granlund has been pretty quiet the last few games. I think that's kind of a disappointing thing for me, that our prospects have been so streaky. But they are young.

And really, that's what it's all about. Load up on high draft picks with high ceilings and hope 1-2 of them become star players. Odds are at least one of Coyle, Nino, Granlund, Zucker, Phillips, etc would become a player worth coveting.

As for the game, it sucked on wheels. Teams are allowed to suck for a night. But if it becomes another 3, 4, or 5 game skid...look out. Wild have no breathing room.

Harvest

Nov 21, 2013
The Nth overall thing is just dumb. It's not like there's some secret curse on 9th picks that doesn't apply to 10th or 11th.

Granlund has been pretty quiet the last few games. I think that's kind of a disappointing thing for me, that our prospects have been so streaky. But they are young.

And really, that's what it's all about. Load up on high draft picks with high ceilings and hope 1-2 of them become star players. Odds are at least one of Coyle, Nino, Granlund, Zucker, Phillips, etc would become a player worth coveting.

As for the game, it sucked on wheels. Teams are allowed to suck for a night. But if it becomes another 3, 4, or 5 game skid...look out. Wild have no breathing room.

It's because he step on that Koivu's spot, now he have to play those first line minutes and face those top unit's. Often people see just scoring, but Granlund is a guy who take's those big draws and he is the guy that Yeo use to take those PK draws, it's those little things why he is the guy who play biggest minutes of the forward's and there is a reason why Yeo is playing him on that unit over Coyle..
He isn't ready to play on a first line and i think that when Koivu comes back it will help Granlund a lot.
To be honest, that whole line has been pretty quiet lately..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad