GDT: 01/09/2016 - Wild @ Stars - 7PM CT / 3AM FIN - FSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
Just got back home from Dallas; 3 hour drive.

Once the game ended and people started heading out, they were announcing the 3 stars and I heard a Stars fan behind me say "First star, the refs".

Really dude? The refs were bad on both sides, but the Stars lost that game for themselves. Was some of the sloppiest hockey I've ever seen a team play, and I saw the 2010-2011 Wild. :naughty:

Was great watching the Wild execute so well and not give the Stars much room to do anything through the 2nd and 3rd periods. Also the amount of Wild fans in the building was great. So many Duuub chants. :)

Ozzysota

Dec 21, 2015
pretty sweet win.

Some real cohesive play there in the second. Was great. Made it look like Minnesota can beat anyone.

Impressed

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Wow. Great win!

Looked like Granlund and Nino are making everything right but just can't score at the moment. They were dangerous the whole night.

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
Just got back home from Dallas; 3 hour drive.

Once the game ended and people started heading out, they were announcing the 3 stars and I heard a Stars fan behind me say "First star, the refs".

Really dude? The refs were bad on both sides, but the Stars lost that game for themselves.
Was some of the sloppiest hockey I've ever seen a team play, and I saw the 2010-2011 Wild. :naughty:

Was great watching the Wild execute so well and not give the Stars much room to do anything through the 2nd and 3rd periods. Also the amount of Wild fans in the building was great. So many Duuub chants. :)

Yep. You can't possibly believe the refs stole that game from the Stars when Seguin goes coal mining on Spurgeon's face and gets no call. High sticking is supposed to be called whether or not it's on purpose. The only exception is on the follow-through from a shot, which waving at a puck in the air most definitely is not. Then there was the weird sequence where Parise jammed at a puck along the goal line, the whistle blows, then they go for a new faceoff (which Granlund gets kicked out of), and ONLY THEN do we learn the play is under video review. How do they not have a better system for determining this ****? :help:

ANYWAY. Pretty good game, despite the low score, and Dallas almost sending it to OT (again!). Granlund and Nino actually seemed to play pretty well together; not a huge fan of Yeo constantly shuffling things now, but if it helps guys find chemistry with each other, so be it. Nino especially has been looking more confident the last half dozen games or so; hopefully he knows the goals will come and he'll keep playing like he remembers how large he is. And speaking of that: Chahhhlie. Mother****ing. Coyle. No goals last night, but the man was an unstoppable force. Even got rewarded with that bizarre clearing attempt that went off his stick (I don't think he was even looking at it at the time) and bounced right to Vanek, who had a nifty goal.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
how was Reilly?... I see not much icetime, but did he hold up ok?

just over 8 mins.. 1 shot.. 2 blocks... no PP time... obviously was pretty sheltered this game

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
how was Reilly?... I see not much icetime, but did he hold up ok?

just over 8 mins.. 1 shot.. 2 blocks... no PP time... obviously was pretty sheltered this game

Played a lot less as the game went on, obviously. Early on had two *really* bad miscues with the puck: one where he kind of slid it up the boards without clearing the zone, another where he flipped this really weak, wobbly clearing attempt right to a Stars player, but at least it made it to the neutral zone. Afterwards he was pretty unnoticeable, which for a 21 year old (or whatever) defenceman is pretty good, I guess. On the other hand, he did look pretty good on his one shot; broke into the zone responsibly, Vanek (I think) passed to him as he entered the slot, made a great shot all in one motion.

Verdict: hope he sees more time this week, especially if Prosser's still out (even if he's not). His mistakes seemed to me to have self-corrected as the game went on, and getting more NHL minutes in "lower-stakes" games against New Jersey and Buffalo could be great for his development.

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
Still think it's hilarious that Bouchard got suspended years ago for the stick lift. Especially so in the context of the fact that Seguin will see nothing from his baseball swing to Spurgeon's face.

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
Here's the video from Bouchard's two game suspension.

All the reasoning in there should apply to Seguin. It won't for reasons that should be obvious, but it should.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad