GDT: 01/04/2014 - Washington@ Minnesota - 7:00 PM CST - FS-N

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northland Wild Man

Finnesotans?
Jun 14, 2011
Grand Forks, ND
So I was driving back from a family thing tonight. Watching that engine temperature needle barely nudge above the bottom tick mark is scary when you're the only car on a rural northern Minnesota road. It's very cold right now, but fortunately there isn't much wind.

Anyway, I only caught the last 10 minutes or so of the game. Figures I would miss everything.

How the hell do the Wild score 5 goals on 11 shots?

How the hell is there a hat trick with only 11 shots?

How the hell does a Wild defenseman score a hat trick?

These stats have to be records of some sort.

Also, we will get a chance to see what happens without the Captain. I'm beginning to agree with some of the teams that are trying to make their players wear foot protectors.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Ah, ok i just wondering because, there has been talking about Nino-Coyle-Cooke and Granlund centering the top line.
Haven't see the game yet..

Koivu left the game for a bit and the lines were all changed for a while because of it.

Harvest

Nov 21, 2013
No, and may not have until Monday. God, I hope he's okay, and not only for the Wild's sake.

There is no player to replace Koivu, now Coyle and Granlund has to step it up..
This is bad loss both, for the Wild's and a team Finland. Let's just hope that it's just a bone bruise and he is able to play soon.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Excerpt from Russo.

But Wild players gave Mike Yeo a lot of credit for waking them up in the first intermission and then firing them up by barking up and down the bench to start the second period.

Interesting.....

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
There is no player to replace Koivu, now Coyle and Granlund has to step it up..
This is bad loss both, for the Wild's and a team Finland. Let's just hope that it's just a bone bruise and he is able to play soon.

The worst thing for the Wild is that Suter's already playing through an injury, so basically we could soon be at a point where Parise, Koivu and Suter are all out. I think they can stick a fork in our playoff chances if that happens.

I have every possible body part crossed that Koivu won't be out for long and that he can go to Sochi.

Harvest

Nov 21, 2013
The worst thing for the Wild is that Suter's already playing through an injury, so basically we could soon be at a point where Parise, Koivu and Suter are all out. I think they can stick a fork in our playoff chances if that happens.

I have every possible body part crossed that Koivu won't be out for long and that he can go to Sochi.

Who would be the captain and alternate if all of those players would be out at the same time?

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
Who would be the captain and alternate if all of those players would be out at the same time?

IIRC, we've gone with three A's when Koivu's been out in the past. So no C to anybody. Pommer has one of the A's, then maybe Cooke/Heatley/Brodziak. I don't know.

Harvest

Nov 21, 2013
IIRC, we've gone with three A's when Koivu's been out in the past. So no C to anybody. Pommer has one of the A's, then maybe Cooke/Heatley/Brodziak. I don't know.

Oh yeah, you are actually right.. It is C+A+A or A+A+A.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Just saw the highlights.

Hat trick by Suter, incredible!!! Zucker scores again! Good! But Bäckström looked quite awful, two softies and a bad rebound, I think.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I think that fluke goal is just so weird you can't pin it on backs. Every goalie has let some freak bounce get past them at one point.

Remember that one we scored against the devils that we not in after a dump in took a strange bounce off a stanchion? Same kind of goal.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Don't remember that, but I think you're right. That one might've been a surprising bounce.

And I'm a fan of Backs. Actually he was the reason why I started to follow Minnesota Wild in the first place. I just would like to see him play better. But he's not the same goalie anymore, unfortunately.

youvegotit

Dec 10, 2011
Wonder where this Fire was during the historic losing streak.

No idea, but was surprised to hear “It was good to hear him vocal behind the bench,†Stoner said of Yeo. IMO that's quite a strange thing to say about your coach. Isn't that his (Yeo's) job (to be vocal behind the bench)... ?

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Suter hattrick? Wild win? Zucker scored?

tumblr_lx6tic5sFo1r9x0sdo1_400.gif

I hope Koivu is okay.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
Backs deserves credit for this very mini winning streak we are on.

The Devils lost to Buffalo last night and are fuming.

Bottom line is both wins the Wild collected are big. We are crawling out of this slump, I can feel it.

I also looked ahead at our upcoming schedule... I honestly think there's a possibility we win the next 6/8. Our schedule looks nice coming up! Things are looking up. I have faith.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Our game against phoenix coming up is huge since thats one of the teams we are directly competing with for the 8th spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad