• Fat Duck - Forest Park

• Legends - Mokena

• Crosstown Pub - Naperville

• Deja Brew - Oak Lawn

Results are only viewable after voting.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Thought I'd get a thread going to gauge interest in doing another WC HF Hawks meetup somewhere. Have had a great time at all the others ones, and it's always a good day since most are off on New Year's Day. Anyone have ideas for a venue? Who all is in?

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
24/7 365.

Yeah, thought that's how it was. Worked for an IT company that provided all the automatic gate entry systems/camera inspection for the trucks coming into the railyards a bunch of years back, and always hated it for the year I was there because we had no holidays, either. We didn't have to be in the office, but we had to be on call on all of them. Sucked.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Yeah, thought that's how it was. Worked for an IT company that provided all the automatic gate entry systems/camera inspection for the trucks coming into the railyards a bunch of years back, and always hated it for the year I was there because we had no holidays, either. We didn't have to be in the office, but we had to be on call on all of them. Sucked.
Remprex?

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I’m down to meet up as always if I don’t end up going. Hearing the horror stories about driving conditions on the way down has me leaning towards not attending.

Lake effect snow going to South Bend can be absolutely awful. I have horror stories from my own amateur games and tournaments played in South Bend. We'd have 1-2 a year there, and the drive that should be less than 2 hours turned into 4 hours numerous times.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Yep. If there is even a 10% chance of snow that day, you better plan on a 3-4 hour commute. The lake effect snow is awful. Complete white-out at times.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
I'd rather sit in a warm bar, enjoy some food/beer, and be able to actually talk to people, than sit in the cold, and possible snow, and pay overpriced ticket prices, overpriced food and beer prices, and be miserable for 3 hours.

That's not the spirit!

First, boots and plastic flasks go well together. Booze problem solved, which is all you need to stay warm.

Second, it's a football stadium in the dead of winter for ****'s sake, I fully expect shirtless "HF HAWKS BOARD" spelled out on live television.

Third, talking to each other at the game will be easy, just yell everything you say as loud as you can.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
That's not the spirit!

First, boots and plastic flasks go well together. Booze problem solved, which is all you need to stay warm.

Second, it's a football stadium in the dead of winter for ****'s sake, I fully expect shirtless "HF HAWKS BOARD" spelled out on live television.

Third, talking to each other at the game will be easy, just yell everything you say as loud as you can.

I guess I just don't have the spirit, then. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad