Post-Game Talk: 0

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Less concerned about their offensive zone abilities and more that they couldnt' get the puck out of their own zone at all

I believe someone mentioned that teams only have a limited number of callups for the rest of the year so the Rangers probably don't want to burn a callup on Edstrom or even Berard etc right now.
I agree with @NYR Viper that if both Brodzinski and Goodrow are on the same line - the team would be better served in all three zones if the former is center and latter the winger.

effen

Feb 3, 2018
The fourth line is completely different when you put Brodzinski who is not an nhler in there instead of Rempe or Edstrom who should be up and playing while Rempe is out.

Carolina doesn’t have a star player. They just don’t. They don’t have a star forward or a star dman or a star goalie.

We have one of each. That core will never beat our core in a 7 game series.
What they have is a system and style they stick to and the belief that in the long run it wins out. And it does. They win tons of games every regular season.

But if you're relying on raw system play to give you your 55% win equity 4 straight rounds you're gonna lose via variance in even matchups and just straight lose when guys carry.

They will never win the cup until they stop forcing all their guys to skate 100 MPH making them braindead.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I don't know why everyone thought Miller and Schneider were so great that game. They got caved in and relied on desperation. The other pairs were massively more efficient in preventing chances against and getting the puck out of the zone quickly.
We were probably watching a different game or have a different definition for "caved in". This pair kept Canes to the outside and low danger chances. It was top-4 performance from both of them.

I respect Ryan Strome and I thought he was a good 2C for us. Trocheck is closer to a 1C.
I bet Wennberg would do better than Strome in that spot.

Reactions: egelband

Gluten Free Breadman

Mar 9, 2011
ny
We were probably watching a different game or have a different definition for "caved in". This pair kept Canes to the outside and low danger chances. It was top-4 performance from both of them.
Being on the ice for a three minute shift in your own zone, even if the puck doesn't end up in the back of our net, is not a success.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
Trouba is a real problem.
Exactly. Sometimes he is OK on the rush. But he's not great at it. In the O-zone he shoots all the time. Sometimes it works but often it seems passing would be better. Defending the rush his gaps aren't good. His first step is slow. And on defense too often he winds up in the wrong place or whatever. He's not a defensive stalwart. I mean, he isn't markedly better than the rest of the team, and most of them are better at getting out of trouble.

The team is likely committed to playing him, what with the contract & captaincy. Which means Jones doesn't play. Which sucks, because I like what Jones brings. And it seems that 8-79 does not bring out the best in Miller.

I'll try to enjoy these next few games till Trouba comes back. So far so good.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
No game is going to be perfect, no period is going to be perfect. But when a team who played the night before, can pull out a win like that last night, you should only be feeling good about this team right now.

At this point if you are looking for something negative after these last two games, you are border-line trolling. Lol.
With the Rangers, I am NOT a negative person, but one could say........we only were able to muster 1 goal, if it weren't for Shesty, we lose. Their goalie held us from scoring 5 or 6 his damned self though. Great pre-PO game.

Florida came from 3 down as you all know. Would have been nice as we have a shot at Prez trophy.
Then again, I wouldn't mind if the Panthers get it, especially if we end up playing them. Gives me 4 possibilities and a lot of duckets out of my pocket.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Being on the ice for a three minute shift in your own zone, even if the puck doesn't end up in the back of our net, is not a success.
A. So multiple three minute shifts - give me an example of at least one when specifically during the game it happened or do you just enjoy hyperboles a bit too much? B. As I said we have a different definition of caved in - this was an away game against a team with probably the best NHL record after their slow start to the season so again a whole bunch of low grade shots is completely acceptable.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Moving on from Strome to get Trocheck was one of the best decisions ever.
X2. The Canes mis-decision or whatever, was their LOSS, and OUR gain. Hate to beat a dead horse, and pat myself on the back, but I've said it all along, followed him with Panthers and never waivered in a Canes uni. Was literally the happiest Rangers fan when we got him! Thrilled to death, and also remember criticism on his very early play, and I said ....just wait.

Reactions: Leonardo87

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
A. So multiple three minute shifts - give me an example of at least one when specifically during the game it happened or do you just enjoy hyperboles a bit too much? B. As I said we have a different definition of caved in - this was an away game against a team with probably the best NHL record after their slow start to the season so again a whole bunch of low grade shots is completely acceptable.
1710358134987.png

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
What they have is a system and style they stick to and the belief that in the long run it wins out. And it does. They win tons of games every regular season.

But if you're relying on raw system play to give you your 55% win equity 4 straight rounds you're gonna lose via variance in even matchups and just straight lose when guys carry.

They will never win the cup until they stop forcing all their guys to skate 100 MPH making them braindead.

I thought they had turned a corner after seeing them do a little more east west and maybe Rod gave them a little more creative freedom.

Gluten Free Breadman

Mar 9, 2011
ny

Rangers Defensive Pairing Stats (5 on 5 play)

NameTOIOn-Ice xGoals ForOn-Ice xGoals AgainstOn-Ice Goals ForOn-Ice Goals AgainstOn-Ice Shot Attempts ForOn-Ice Shot Attempts AgainstOn-Ice Unblocked Shot Attempts ForOn-Ice Unblocked Shot Attempts AgainstOn-Ice Shots On Goal ForOn-Ice Shots On Goal AgainstxGoals %Corsi %Fenwick %Score Adjusted xGoals %Score Adjusted Corsi %Score Adjusted Fenwick %Flurry Adjusted xGoals %Score/Flurry Adjusted xGoals %On-Ice xGoals ForOn-Ice xGoals AgainstOn-Ice xGoals Differential
Lindgren-Fox16:570.9180.23810221416611379.4%61.1%72.7%81.7%64.6%75.6%78.5%80.9%0.920.240.68
Miller-Schneider16:550.3111.15300102481541121.2%29.4%34.8%23.8%32.5%38.1%21.4%24.0%0.311.15-0.84
Gustafsson-Jones13:100.5220.906001413994636.6%51.9%50.0%39.8%55.4%53.6%38.1%41.4%0.520.91-0.38
Fox-Schneider1:3600.062000303010.0%0.0%0.0%0.0%0.0%0.0%0.0%0.0%00.06-0.06
Gustafsson-Schneider0:4600.595000404020.0%0.0%0.0%0.0%0.0%0.0%0.0%0.0%00.6-0.59

Sorry for @Machinehead -ing.

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
People are being ridiculous. It's a small sample size. Jones and Gus look great but I'm rolling with Trouba. The worst d-man I've ever seen was our version of Jack Johnson and he went to Colorado, played a **** ton and won a Cup. People act like Trouba is a corpse.
3rd year running of Jack Johnson being the default whataboutism whenever Trouba comes up

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
People are being ridiculous. It's a small sample size. Jones and Gus look great but I'm rolling with Trouba. The worst d-man I've ever seen was our version of Jack Johnson and he went to Colorado, played a **** ton and won a Cup. People act like Trouba is a corpse.

Jack Johnson had an ATOI of 11 minutes in the playoffs. Thats not a shit ton and even less when you consider that they had some pretty long OT games along the way post Girard injury.

clmetsfan

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2007
X2. The Canes mis-decision or whatever, was their LOSS, and OUR gain. Hate to beat a dead horse, and pat myself on the back, but I've said it all along, followed him with Panthers and never waivered in a Canes uni. Was literally the happiest Rangers fan when we got him! Thrilled to death, and also remember criticism on his very early play, and I said ....just wait.
I'm right there with you. Trochek was the perfect FA solution that summer given his playmaking and ability on the faceoff dot, and he always seemed like the perfect center for Panarin. Since then he's only exceeded my expectations.

Greg02

Jun 28, 2009
50 years ago they didn't even measure save percentage or TOI and now we have shift charts.

How long until we have players practicing in simulators that mimic opponents behavior.
Baseball has pitch machines that imitate the release point, spin rate, and arsenal of real pitchers.

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
I play Chel with the name Matt Rempe too lmao. I use a 6’8 195lb enforcer build though, lowering the weight allows you to have 90 skating while still having like 94 hitting. Actually find it easier to hit with that added speed despite the lower body checking, easier to skate fast enough to lay guys out
Lmao I do have a 6’9 195 enforcer build too but there was an enforcer on the other team so I went big. My full name is Mr Lady Byng Matt Rempe lmao.

Reactions: EdJovanovski
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad