GDT: ⛽ @ ♫

Status
Not open for further replies.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
It's getting to the point that I'm starting to wish we'd kept Fabbri. I know it's best for his long term development to go back to juniors, but that kid could help us now.

Catch 22 for me. He could help now on zone entries and offense in general but he's reckless. That recklessness would get him injured pretty quick up here. I'm hoping he adjusts while he's still in Guelph and learns to pick his spots to play that style. He really needs to make that adjustment before he gets here.

Last edited:

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Petro with 10 shots, a goal, and an assist. I didn't get to watch regulation(did see Frank's snipe in OT) but that's a pretty damn good night's work. 10 shots is crazy. Kerbs was making it seem like Scrivens was in full Jonathon Quick mode.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
As good as they are making pie out to be...he was absolutely atrocious on defending hall who passed to nikitnen

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Catch 22 for me. He could help now on zone entries and offense in general but he's reckless. That recklessness would get him injured pretty quick up here. I'm hoping he adjusts while he's still in Guelph and learns to pick his spots to be reckless. He really needs to make that adjustment before he gets here.
I'm pretty much of the same opinion. There's not a doubt in my mind he could help this team right now. But it was clearly the best decision for his long term development to send him back to junior.
Petro with 10 shots, a goal, and an assist. I didn't get to watch regulation(did see Frank's snipe in OT) but that's a pretty damn good night's work. 10 shots is crazy. Kerbs was making it seem like Scrivens was in full Jonathon Quick mode.
I missed the first and second, but he looked great in the third and OT. He was in full out 2011-2012 mode in OT.

kagei

Apr 14, 2014
STL

He really kinda was. Just didn't have an LA team in front of him.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Catch 22 for me. He could help now on zone entries and offense in general but he's reckless. That recklessness would get him injured pretty quick up here. I'm hoping he adjusts while he's still in Guelph and learns to pick his spots to play that style. He really needs to make that adjustment before he gets here.

I also want him to add 10-12 lbs of pure muscle, and have another camp and full pre-season with The Blues to get integrated into The Blues' system and to get some chemistry with his new linemates before playing games that count.

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Call up Fabbri at the end of his OHL season, basically treating him like we did Schwartz, or trade for Eberle?

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012
Yeah right, the kids can pay for their own vCollege. That vCash is for my 50 ft VCigar boat!
****, you're right. They can use their own vcash from their vstudent loans. Im taking the first vgold-digging ho I can find to vParis.

elkranio

Jan 4, 2014
****, you're right. They can use their own vcash from their vstudent loans. Im taking the first vgold-digging ho I can find to vParis.
vwine and vcheese. that's the vlife!

Free-Booze-Cruise.png

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Chris Butler's looking better every game. He played solidly on defence tonight, and started off the rush with good passes and jumped into the offence in the offensive end a few times, resulting in some scoring chances. Like Cole, he's a 2-way D-man. Both of them just have to get a lot more consistent. Butler is a better skater and much better at positioning and recognising where the play is going than he looked in his first few games.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Call up Fabbri at the end of his OHL season, basically treating him like we did Schwartz, or trade for Eberle?

We are gonna be in a cap crunch in the coming years with Schwartz/Tarasenko/etc making bank. Unless we are riddled with injuries, I'm not sure it will be worth burning a year off Fabbri's ELC and limiting his period of cost control

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012
Hitch is talking about getting the poison out.

Any Howard Stern fans out there? HAHAHAHAHA

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
I also want him to add 10-12 lbs of pure muscle, and have another camp and full pre-season with The Blues to get integrated into The Blues' system and to get some chemistry with his new linemates before playing games that count.

I think the time you mentioned is most important here. Like you noted he will put on more size and increase his conditioning but he's really strong and well conditioned already.

His mentality concerns me in a very specific way. He will do anything to keep a play alive even if it means putting himself in a bad position. This mindset is bolstered by his awareness of his own skill level. It's a dangerous combo and he was already injured in a preseason game due at least partially to this.

And here is where the time and acclamation process comes into play. Scott Walker isn't reigning this young hockey god in. Good coach but no coach is reigning him in at the junior level. Time with and around Blues veterans next year before the season starts is his best bet to learn to make adjustments.

Talking some Fabbri here. Probably should have clarified but aren't we all thinking about him to some level?

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
So much for the Oilers posters from earlier pleading for our team to beat their team's head in, lol. I haven't been able to read a single post from #50 on in the gdt tonight, so I can't wait to get home and read it, should be comedy gold I'm guessing, with some major meltdownage through the second & again in the 3rd when they retook the lead lmao.

I'll share the few thoughts I have from the game, as I read through what I'm sure is a tremendous offering of rage- from a certain few posters :laugh:

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Total vclass living. Maybe meatwagon shows up with his vboat on the southern coast and we can make it a vparty. You're invited as well.

I was gettin nervous. I put my entire life vsavings up on the blues this game. almost lost 7500 vlarge

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012
So much for the Oilers posters from earlier pleading for our team to beat their team's head in, lol. I haven't been able to read a single post from #50 on in the gdt tonight, so I can't wait to get home and read it, should be comedy gold I'm guessing, with some major meltdownage through the second & again in the 3rd when they retook the lead lmao.

I'll share the few thoughts I have from the game, as I read through what I'm sure is a tremendous offering of rage- from a certain few posters :laugh:
Blues did the worst thing possible. Left them utterly clueless and confused about their team.

But they shouldnt be. That is a terrible team, Blues played their B game for most of the night and their D game in the 2nd.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
It's getting to the point that I'm starting to wish we'd kept Fabbri. I know it's best for his long term development to go back to juniors, but that kid could help us now.

We literally just watched Edmonton demonstrate what happens when you treat your top prospects that way. The Blues made the right call with Fabbri. Hopefully he gains the physical attributes he needs to stick next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad