GDT: ⛽ @ ♫

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012
I was gettin nervous. I put my entire life vsavings up on the blues this game. almost lost 7500 vlarge
You come near me and you will get vmugged. Ive got a nasty vgambling addiction I need to keep going. Flaunting all that vcash will get you in vtrouble, man.

Ive already mentally spent your vmoney.

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
I think the time you mentioned is most important here. Like you noted he will put on more size and increase his conditioning but he's really strong and well conditioned already.

His mentality concerns me in a very specific way. He will do anything to keep a play alive even if it means putting himself in a bad position. This mindset is bolstered by his awareness of his own skill level. It's a dangerous combo and he was already injured in a preseason game due at least partially to this.

And here is where the time and acclamation process comes into play. Scott Walker isn't reigning this young hockey god in. Good coach but no coach is reigning him in at the junior level. Time with and around Blues veterans next year before the season starts is his best bet to learn to make adjustments.

Talking some Fabbri here. Probably should have clarified but aren't we all thinking about him to some level?

He'd be cheaper than Eberle and is pretty much what we need.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
We literally just watched Edmonton demonstrate what happens when you treat your top prospects that way. The Blues made the right call with Fabbri. Hopefully he gains the physical attributes he needs to stick next year.

Which is why I said I still believe it was for the best to send him back to juniors. But I think it's a different situation here. We could insulate him with vets. We aren't a team totally devoid of competent leadership like Edmonton is.

It was really just a comment made out of frustration anyway. I'm getting tired of watching this team fail to bury golden scoring chances.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
He'd be cheaper than Eberle and is pretty much what we need.

Exactly. We wouldn't be stuck with a big contract some other team handed out. The catch being it would make lots more sense to bring Fabbri in next year in training camp. That means to me the forward rental plan is the smarter option for this year.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
I went all in too.. And I have the same strange feeling.

I think a lot of us did, I know when The Blues were bombarding Scrivens with shots in the 1st and getting nothing past him, I was having flashbacks to last season when he put up like a 50 save shutout against San Jose. When the Oilers took the 2-1 lead I really thought Scrivey was gonna shut the door.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
So did anyone watch Beyond The Ice after The Blues post-game show? I had every intention too, but got busy at work, and missed the whole thing. The commercial made the show look like it was our own, Behind The B or Oil Change, so I'm pretty excited to check it out, just don't know if it's gonna be a weekly program or not. If anyone did see it, would you mind giving a quick recap?

Backes to the wall

Oct 20, 2014
West Coast Canada
Just watched the game, then read through the GDT, not sure why so much doom and gloom, thought we looked like we had a lot more energy then usual tonight.
A lot of shots, a few too many fancy passes when another shot would have been better, and Hall was amazing for the oil tonight. He found plays out of nowhere, made crazy nice passes and looked like an elite player.

Thought Oshie looked great tonight, Backes was hitting so thats good, still not super hyped about Stastny, but the line looked good.
Not sure if anyone noticed but a couple times tonight Steen ended up on the ice with Lapierre and Reaves, and lol man did they look good. [ Mid West Express? :naughty: ]

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
So did anyone watch Beyond The Ice after The Blues post-game show? I had every intention too, but got busy at work, and missed the whole thing. The commercial made the show look like it was our own, Behind The B or Oil Change, so I'm pretty excited to check it out, just don't know if it's gonna be a weekly program or not. If anyone did see it, would you mind giving a quick recap?
Wasn't all that much too it. It was more about the training staff and on staff doctors. Talked a little about sports injuries and the the doctors role for the Blues. Wasn't anything like a behind the " " but it was better then nothing.

With game attendance reaching sellout levels consistently and ratings improving, we might get to see some behind the Blues series

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
We are gonna be in a cap crunch in the coming years with Schwartz/Tarasenko/etc making bank. Unless we are riddled with injuries, I'm not sure it will be worth burning a year off Fabbri's ELC and limiting his period of cost control

Unless I'm unaware of a rule, then his contract will still slide if he only plays 9 games at the end of the season, so we don't lose a year of his ELC. Also, there is no way that his period of cost control can be impacted. You need to play 40 games for it to count as 1 of the 7 accrued seasons.

I'd be surprised if he didn't get a look after his OHL season is done.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Unless I'm unaware of a rule, then his contract will still slide if he only plays 9 games at the end of the season, so we don't lose a year of his ELC. Also, there is no way that his period of cost control can be impacted. You need to play 40 games for it to count as 1 of the 7 accrued seasons.

I'd be surprised if he didn't get a look after his OHL season is done.

ah, good point I forgot about that when I was remembering the Schwartz situation, but he was NCAA. Yeah then it might be worth a shot given the contract slide

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
Schwartz - Lehtera - Tarasenko
Steen - Stastny - Fabbri
Berglund/Trade - Backes - Oshie

Would be sick. Steen would probably have to be on the Stastny line to shield Fabbri and allow Steen to be the one to keep the play alive if needed. Also, we know Steen will step up and take anybody out that touches one of our players. Who better for Fabbri to learn from than Steen and Stastny?

Berglund - Backes - Oshie still has potential to be THE shutdown line, and has the Berglund-Oshie chemistry. Berglund doesn't have to be the man to go to the front of the net (Backes), and he can be the trigger-man (hopefully bringing him back to at least last-year form.

Of course, this also saves us from having to trade Berglund NOW instead of at the draft. We always have him as a back-up, but this allows us to make sure we NEED a trade before we make one that costs us 'size' (even though Berglund rarely uses it), defense, and a replacement 3C/LW.

Sure, Fabbri might be small, but we would have shelter for him as the #2 scoring line with teammates that will stick-up for him. Is there really enough reasons not to bring him up for a run at the cup? Porter can make it through waivers (fingers-crossed) and Paajarvi/Lindstrom's time-trial is drawing to an end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad