GDT: ♫ @ Otawwa Senaters 3pm eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManyIdeas

Feb 14, 2012
St. Louis
This.
So much this.

At this point I'm ready to trade both of them, and Jackman and Cole for scraps. None of them are worth more than a 4th round pick (all of them are so overpaid) and every other GM in the league knows it. That's why Armstrong hasn't justly traded them off by now, all of them have moved from depreciating assets to being toxic ones.

I'd start a new topic on the trade board regarding this, but too many other teams' posters would buy into the hype and would offer things like multiple picks and other possibly good players.
And we can't have that, people need to realize just how much all 4 of them are at AHL-replacement quality while being paid strong money.

Thank you for being the voice of reason.

how much more do you enjoy thos board now that you're not a mod

Multimoodia

Sicker Than Usual
Nov 6, 2010
The Range
how much more do you enjoy thos board now that you're not a mod

Me a mod?
Oh heavens no. There's mutual disinterest: I wouldn't have the slightest desire to do so and they wouldn't have me.

Imagine if I had to respond to events like Easton did upthread...no sarcasm at all? I'd die.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
I don't understand why everyone isn't ecstatic about this team so far. The fact that they can play outside of their system and still win games because of their skill is something that really excites me. In the past years, if they weren't executing Hitchcock's game plan of dumping everything in and hitting everything in sight, we weren't winning games. We can't play that way every night and expect to have gas in the tank come playoff time. The season is still young and we are in great position. Just wait until everyone starts clicking. Look out!
This is a good point.

In the past the Blues have had little shot of winning when they haven't been able to force the opponent to play their game. This year, the Blues have managed to win on a fairly regular basis even when the other team is dictating play (or the Blues are simply not playing their own game).

There are quite a few very fixable things the Blues can do to clean up their play. If they can make some progress there as the year goes on, I think they have a real shot this year.

Fred Murtz

Jan 20, 2009
Maxim Lapierre thanks for coming goal 1-0

Robin Lehner stops Jori Lehtera breakaway

Mika Zibanejad PPG 1-1

Brian Elliott cup check on Mark Stone

Vladimir Tarasenko far corner wrister goal 2-1

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
This is a good point.

In the past the Blues have had little shot of winning when they haven't been able to force the opponent to play their game. This year, the Blues have managed to win on a fairly regular basis even when the other team is dictating play (or the Blues are simply not playing their own game).

There are quite a few very fixable things the Blues can do to clean up their play. If they can make some progress there as the year goes on, I think they have a real shot this year.

But as we've all said, the cyclical argument comes back around about only certain players (a line in this year's case) being the ones who can break the mold regardless of the flow, and take over the game.

That being said, I don't know what this team has in store for us. Like every year, it's a matter of if each line can catch fire at the right time. Fortunately, not knowing what's going to happen is what makes the journey (to the 2nd round ;)) so much fun to watch.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
But as we've all said, the cyclical argument comes back around about only certain players (a line in this year's case) being the ones who can break the mold regardless of the flow, and take over the game.

That being said, I don't know what this team has in store for us. Like every year, it's a matter of if each line can catch fire at the right time. Fortunately, not knowing what's going to happen is what makes the journey (to the 2nd round ;)) so much fun to watch.
That's not unusual. Most teams, even the best ones, only have a handful of players with that sort of capacity. It's looking like the Blues might finally be joining that group.

Fred Murtz

Jan 20, 2009
Alexander Steen tip goal 3-1

Robin Lehner stop T.J. Oshie breakaway

Erik Karlsson snapshot PPG 3-2

BlueMagic

Oct 19, 2014
The rest of the guys will pick it up soon enough. Players like Steen, Stastny, Backes, and Oshie won't go a whole season cold. I think we're just waiting for the right line combinations. Here's what I think they are....

Schwartz-Lehtera-Tarasenko
Berglund-Stastny-Oshie
Steen-Backes-Lindstrom/Jaskin
Ott-Lappiere-Reaves

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad