Half-Assed GDT: ♪ vs. ⛽

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
I think we have a keeper in TT. I’d like to see him stay for the remainder of the season. Another 10 lbs this off season would also go a long way. He and Kostin are going to add much needed size to this team, while Thomas will add skill and Kyrou will add speed. These 4 guys are going to transform this franchise in the next 2 years. Thankfully it will be during Tarasenko, Schwartz, Schenn, Petro, Parayko, Dunn and Edmundson’s window.

Reactions: shmotz and 67Blues

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
I think we have a keeper in TT. I’d like to see him stay for the remainder of the season. Another 10 lbs this off season would also go a long way. He and Kostin are going to add much needed size to this team, while Thomas will add skill and Kyrou will add speed. These 4 guys are going to transform this franchise in the next 2 years. Thankfully it will be during Tarasenko, Schwartz, Schenn, Petro, Parayko, Dunn and Edmundson’s window.
Schwartz-Schenn-Kostin/Thompson
Fabbri/Kostin-Thomas-Tarasenko
???-Barbashev-Kyrou
Sunqvist-Musil-Jaskin

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
As a season ticket holder, I'm okay with blowing up the dead weight and going top 10 pick this year (sorry Philly). It is obvious that we've been seeing the same show year after year where the offense just dries up and blows away. I'll live with watching the kids come up and take our lumps this year and maybe next. If the team gives a good plan and lets the fans know, I think it will be okay and the results in the end will get us closer to a cup than we are right now.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
Let’s not forget about Fabbri. I know it’s cool to assume he’s gone forever until proven otherwise, but he’s a big part of the future as well.

Trading Barbashev for a 2-year “rental”would not cripple our future in any way. If we are good with having this be a 1st-round exit year just to develop the prospects more, then I guess I’ll have to disagree. We need to be competing these next two years while the youth develops alongside.

Also, I feel like I have to say “two-year rental” now so people realize how ridiculously conflated calling players that have a year and a half left a “rental’ is.

And are we seriously considering a re-tool after slumping in December? I was hoping we could skip that holiday tradition this year and just move on to acceptancing that it’s a long season - like we do when we look back in retrospect every January.

Last edited:

LBlues24

May 3, 2017
Hey guys! First time poster but I’ve been reading on here for what feels like forever lol.. after this loss I finally had enough and made an account. By far the most frustrating loss of the season. Welp, onto Vancouver.

Thankfully looks like we might have a player in Thompson and finally that much coveted right handed shot. Still need another top 6 player with or without Schwartz in the lineup.

Reactions: BangarangxRufio

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
And are we seriously considering a re-took after going round a Decemeber? I was hoping we could skip that holiday tradition this year and just move on to acceptance that it’s a long season like we do when we look back in retrospect in January.

I think they ride it out until late Jan or February and then get rid of the dead weight and bring the kids up for time. This doesn't feel like a funk. We got extremely lucky the first quarter of the year if you look at the unsustainable numbers that the team was generating. The Blues are returning to the norm where they are a a .500 or under team with the offensive players we have and the injuries that have been sustained. I'd just rather tank towards the end of the season to keep our 1st this year in a deep draft if we aren't in a position to make a run in the playoffs (and I don't mean squeek in and one and done).

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Schwartz-Schenn-Tarasenko
Fabbri-Stastny-Thompson
Kostin-Thomas-Kyrou
Jaskin-Musil-Blais
Sanford, Sundqvist

I think Barbashev gets traded for a rental at some point

Who else can we add to Barbashev for a decent return? Not sure Blais has much value. Not sure I want to include the 2019 1st either. (TT,Thomas, Kyrou, Kostin,Walman are untouchable for a rental IMO). I just dont see us having an intriguing package to offer at this time

Reactions: 67Blues

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
Who else can we add to Barbashev for a decent return? Not sure Blais has much value. Not sure I want to include the 2019 1st either. (TT,Thomas, Kyrou, Kostin,Walman are untouchable for a rental IMO). I just dont see us having an intriguing package to offer at this time

Gunnarsson or Schmaltz plus maybe our 2nd? I think that’s enough for a good rental. Plus we can always trade one or both of Berglund/Sobotka in the off-season for picks.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Gunnarsson or Schmaltz plus maybe our 2nd? I think that’s enough for a good rental. Plus we can always trade one or both of Berglund/Sobotka in the off-season for picks.

Our right side defensive depth is thin. Not sure I’d move Schmaltz

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
They need to be shown videos of the LV Golden Knights. I'm not saying they have to play that way forever, but that is the style of play I would employ to turn things around. Sound hockey fundamentals!

I watched them play TB. Down 0-2 they battled back and tied it 2-2 in the 3rd. Then won it 3-2 with seconds left in regulation. That team never quits. I think their top scorer is 32nd in the league. This means EVERYBODY on that team is counted on to score. And man are they aggressive. And their offensive rushes make ours look slow as molasses.

The Blues lost Schwartz and they've decided to pout about it.

Tank. Where are you?
Petro. Why are the boys on mental break?
2 line, 3rd line, 4th line....you guys interested in playing?

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
No, I wanna keep him also. I think having Thomas-Schenn-Barbashev down the middle in the future is gonna be amazing.

My question is, do we keep him as our future 4C until Stastny leaves(I’m assuming we re-sign him)? Or do we jump the gun and go with Schenn-Thomas-Barbashev next year? Our wings will be too full for Barbashev to have a top 9 role.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
I’d move him in a package for a top 6 upgrade
See this seems like such a blanket statement, much like people saying how the problems for the Blues lately has been "effort". What does a top 6 upgrade look like? If it's for a rental, then I'm immediately rejecting that idea. If it's for a long-term solution, well then I think he should only be traded for another center given the uncertainty of the future.

I throw Barbeshev into the group of other prospects the Blues have that most fans here consider "untouchable". I don't think any of them are untouchable, except maybe Thomas, but the deal needs to make sense. The problem now is that the Blues are struggling, so people are throwing names out left and right to the point where giving a top prospect for a rental seems logical. Long-term success? What's that?

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
See this seems like such a blanket statement, much like people saying how the problems for the Blues lately has been "effort". What does a top 6 upgrade look like? If it's for a rental, then I'm immediately rejecting that idea. If it's for a long-term solution, well then I think he should only be traded for another center given the uncertainty of the future.

I throw Barbeshev into the group of other prospects the Blues have that most fans here consider "untouchable". I don't think any of them are untouchable, except maybe Thomas, but the deal needs to make sense. The problem now is that the Blues are struggling, so people are throwing names out left and right to the point where giving a top prospect for a rental seems logical. Long-term success? What's that?

I like Barbashev, but I think he’s expendable only because we have Thomas, Kostin, Thompson, Kyrou and even Sanford/Blais to add to Tarasenko, Schwartz, Schenn, Fabbri, Stastny(I think he’ll be back for 2-3 yrs), and Steen(who will eventually be moved). That team is long term success, even if we trade for an Evander Kane type rental.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
I like Barbashev, but I think he’s expendable only because we have Thomas, Kostin, Thompson, Kyrou and even Sanford/Blais to add to Tarasenko, Schwartz, Schenn, Fabbri, Stastny(I think he’ll be back for 2-3 yrs), and Steen(who will eventually be moved). That team is long term success, even if we trade for an Evander Kane type rental.
I've explained why I value Barbeshev in other threads, but to make it quick, he's one of two natural centers the Blues have for the future.

Kostin, Kyrou, Thompson, Blais, Sanford, and whoever else are all projected at wing. As for a top-9 center, the Blues have Thomas and Barbeshev. I don't see how that's expendable. Stastny isn't getting any better and while I like Thomas, I'm not throwing my eggs in the basket that says he'll be 100% ready until it happens, let alone in the basket that says he'll be a great top-6 option. It's completely foreseeable that the Blues just end up with a center depth of Schenn, Berglund, Sundqvist, and Brodziak next season if Barbeshev is traded for a rental and Stastny isn't re-signed. Then the season after could easily be more of the same.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
Why can't we park Parayko in the left side circle and tell him that if he does anything but take one-timers on the PP he gets benched?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad