Half-Assed GDT: ♪ @ ★ Game #38 (My First GDT Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lakewood

Nov 17, 2013
Good playoff pace. It's great practice for the goalies. One of ours is going to have to come up huge, and late in the game hitch has to play tarasenko and which ever player is freshest. We have several players that when gassed are liabilities.

Overkamp

Feb 22, 2007
We have been in our own zone for the last 35 seconds on a PP.

This team will never be ready to take the next step as long as Backes, Hitchcock and Army are still allowed to run this team.

That's not to say I mind Backes on the team, but he shouldn't be our captain (whether or not you place value on the C or not).

Overkamp

Feb 22, 2007
Nothing to like about this game. One of the worst of the year for sure.

I think it was the worst, hands down. It's not even close. Naturally, after this game, Hitch will be asked no tough questions, probably makes some excuses and then go on like its no big deal. And in reality, it's not, because Hitchcock will never be held accountable.

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
I will continue to stress that this team cannot win a cup without a front line center. We have a bunch of #2 centers but not the guy who can pair with Vladdy and raise our offense to the next level during crunch time. The cup winners for at least the past decade have all had a true #1 center. There's no way around it.

'Tis our white whale.

whitewhale_zpsqndztvws.jpg

Mzeppelin1

Apr 26, 2014
Man it sucks when your team loses the one time you get to see them, but my God. If I knew they wouldn't give a **** I would have gladly watched paint dry instead.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Like I said before; we've got to figure the Stars out. Otherwise, we're a one and done team.

You keep saying this...

The Blues hammered them the 1st game

The Blues outplayed them the 2nd game, just had a hot goalie to go against.

This game...sure. Blues sucked today, no way around it.

Blues 2
Stars 1

The stars can't put up insane numbers against the Blues...so obviously the Blues are doing something right

Mzeppelin1

Apr 26, 2014
I don't want to admit it but Stastny is not a number one center. I say trade him and more for Stamkos

trevorftw

Voice of Reason
Sep 7, 2009
Saint Louis
IMO this game emphasizes the need for upgrades on our 3rd line. Top line was relied on too heavily last night, and the top guys were too tired. We needed something out of line 3... at least some good backchecking. Jaskin needs to sit for berglund asap, and Jaden needs to get back to knock a someone down the lineup.

Defense played great considering how badly the forwards played.

Colton Parayko

Dec 19, 2015
How surprising that we didn't score a goal. This is basically what we will get in the playoffs on the road against a good team. For the most part they can't score more than 1-2 goals on the road against the better teams.

Last edited:

STL BLUES

Youth Movement
Oct 22, 2013
Up-Nort
You keep saying this...

The Blues hammered them the 1st game

The Blues outplayed them the 2nd game, just had a hot goalie to go against.

This game...sure. Blues sucked today, no way around it.

Blues 2
Stars 1

The stars can't put up insane numbers against the Blues...so obviously the Blues are doing something right

Where's the Kool-Aid? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad