Half-Assed GDT: ♪ @ ★ Game #38 (My First GDT Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chojin

Tiny Panger...
Apr 6, 2011
To everybody hating on Stastny: what are your statistical expectations that he is failing to up to? I ask because, for a 50-point, free agent center, $7m is about right. Remember that we didn't get any of his RFA years.

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
Gomez with a careless backhand chip at the blueline leads to a rush the other way. Brutal.

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
To everybody hating on Stastny: what are your statistical expectations that he is failing to up to? I ask because, for a 50-point, free agent center, $7m is about right. Remember that we didn't get any of his RFA years.

He's not on pace for 50pts. Seeems obvious why he's getting hate.

Daley Tarasenkshow

Schennsational
Nov 7, 2012
St. Louis MO

I completely agree. We got the same player Avalanche fans and everyone else said he was going to be.

BigB

We Want Big Macs!
Nov 25, 2011
USA
How to shut down the blues... put 3 guys on Tarasenko and watch them do nothing.

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010

It's poor asset (money/cap) management. Look at the salary of the true contender's top 6 centers and their production versus Stastny. I'm not hating on him, but he clearly doesn't provide the production and effect that we thought he would considering it was a pure addition.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Which is more reason to blame Armstrong.
I can only imagine the outrage if he didn't sign Stastny. A center line of Stastny Backes Lehtera should hold their own but a lot of players aren't playing to their expected levels, and missing Schwartz ain't helping any

BigB

We Want Big Macs!
Nov 25, 2011
USA
I expect more production and playmaking support out of him. He looks completely lost and invisible when he ISN'T injured. Not worth 7 million for damn sure. He plays like a 2 mill guy.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
He's not on pace for 50pts. Seeems obvious why he's getting hate.

Yes, he is.

Which....is a bad thing :(

They've flourished without him.

It's poor asset (money/cap) management. Look at the salary of the true contender's top 6 centers and their production versus Stastny. I'm not hating on him, but he clearly doesn't provide the production and effect that we thought he would considering it was a pure addition.

That's not how cap management works. You'll have better deals in some areas, overpay in others.

Stastny is "overpaid" at $7m, but better to be paying him $7m for 4 years than $6.5m for 7. There is no doubt that Stastny has been a disappointment, but using his salary as a stick to beat him with doesn't make any sense. I must have missed all the posts praising Backes at the end of last season for his production -vs- salary ratio.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
No, it's not. And he was supposed to be a 60+ point guy and just be more involved and more of a factor AFAIC. He's a decent player and I still support the signing because we needed him, but he hasn't lived up to expectations.

Anyways, whenever I criticize Stastny, it has nothing to do with his salary so I'll just stay out of this "debate".

thedustman

Jun 19, 2013
ALRIGHT boys and girls! LEt's have a big third period here. The Stars announcers are so full of themselves.

Enough about asset management... let's get some on-ice product BABY! let's go saint

TerminatorBlue

Nov 11, 2007
Canada
I wasn't a fan of bringing in Stastny and hated the idea of Miller but hoped for the best, I think Army jumped the gun and took what he thought was best available at the time. What hurts us the most is his NTC.

STL BLUES

Youth Movement
Oct 22, 2013
Up-Nort
I expect more production and playmaking support out of him. He looks completely lost and invisible when he ISN'T injured. Not worth 7 million for damn sure. He plays like a 2 mill guy.

I wounder if he's playing injured? He seems to avoid contact, passes and shots without finesse, and refuses to place his body in front of a screen.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
The more I think about it, the more I'd like to see Stastny reunited with Jaskin. They seem to work well together and their styles mesh.

Fabbri-Lehtera-Tarasenko
Stern-Backes-Brouwer
Berglund-Stastny-Jaskin

Then when Schwartz comes back, you plug him in with Stastny.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
This would be my 3rd period lines

Steen Lehtera Tarasenko
Paajarvi Backes Brouwer
Fabbri Stastny Jaskin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad