Jul 23, 2010
STARS WINNNNN

4-0!

Lehtonen gets the shutout!

What a win, wow.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I still think we're too far behind for the playoffs, but damn, this team is slowly getting me back on the playoffs train...

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Where are all the Lehtonen besmirchers recently?

I don't think anyone really "besmirched" him. He definitely was not playing up to his usual way for the first 3/4 of the season, and he was rightly being called out for it.

He seems to have returned now. Hoping he sticks around.

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
Where are all the Lehtonen besmirchers recently?

No player should be immune to criticism if they are playing poorly. Kari was playing poorly and was criticized, now he isn't playing poorly and thus the criticism has dissipated, seems fairly logical to me.

Glad Kari is playing well, hopefully it continues into next year. If the Stars are to make any noise next year, he'll need to play well.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
The players obviously still believe there's a chance at the playoffs.

I think they will until we're mathematically eliminated.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
They're really throwing a wrench in any chance we had.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
The players obviously still believe there's a chance at the playoffs.

I think they will until we're mathematically eliminated.

I think the team will try regardless of in the playoffs or not.

Jokipakka played over 21 minutes tonight and I thought he played well. It would be interesting to hear what management thinks of Jyrki.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I've liked him. Not a great defender by any stretch of the imagination, but he should be taking Jordie's spot as a full time #7. Unfortunately, Jordie's signed through next season.

Won't go into the details here though, not in a GDT.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
I'll be honest, I enjoyed that win waaaaay more than a loss- and that's coming from the co-captain of #TeamTank.

Seeing soooo many sad Blackhawks fans made my week. Could the old Kari be rising up from his 2014-15 grave? I sure hope so. Him closing the season out with confidence would do us a big favour leading into the summer.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I wonder how much Jim Nill's comments about "learning how to win" really sparked a fire in some of our leaders.

Especially guys like Horcoff and Fiddler, who have been in situations where their team simply didn't know how to win. Spezza to a bit of a lesser extent as well, I suppose.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
Could the old Kari be rising up from his 2014-15 grave? I sure hope so. Him closing the season out with confidence would do us a big favour leading into the summer.

The old Kari who hasn't ever played well in the playoffs? It's still Kari. IF we get close enough to get a sniff at a wildcard spot...not gonna happen...but IF we do, Kari will buckle under pressure like always. These wins are just a distraction from ou fading draft hopes.

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
Kari did play great down the stretch last year, he was really instrumental in last seasons playoff birth. I would say he has been very inconsistent in high pressure situations rather than consistently bad.

RussianRifle27

Dec 3, 2007
No player should be immune to criticism if they are playing poorly. Kari was playing poorly and was criticized, now he isn't playing poorly and thus the criticism has dissipated, seems fairly logical to me.

Glad Kari is playing well, hopefully it continues into next year. If the Stars are to make any noise next year, he'll need to play well.

I agree, but there were many here wishing he were gone and ruminating over who could take over the starting role next season through free agency or trade.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
I agree, but there were many here wishing he were gone and ruminating over who could take over the starting role next season through free agency or trade.

Maybe you didn't notice, but most posters here were purged in the aftermath of Sedin-gate

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I hate to be that guy, but let's not go much further than that.

If you have any questions about that situation, PM me.

Indianation65

Oct 14, 2014
Currently, North Tex
Kari has played well the last few games, hence, not as much criticism...obviously.
Jordie, ummm, has been decent. I can't believe I'm seeing/typing that, or have I had too much chocolate...
Yes, the Stars are showing signs of a good team, and winning. Too bad the 4 teams in front of them are winning as well...still life? Well, maybe when man sleeps.
Go Stars!

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
Kari has played well the last few games, hence, not as much criticism...obviously.
Jordie, ummm, has been decent. I can't believe I'm seeing/typing that, or have I had too much chocolate...
Yes, the Stars are showing signs of a good team, and winning. Too bad the 4 teams in front of them are winning as well...still life? Well, maybe when man sleeps.
Go Stars!

Agreed on all points, especially the bolded. That's a nice and clever way of illustrating the Star's situation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad