Status
Not open for further replies.

elkranio

Jan 4, 2014
Typical other team GDT

Typical Blues GDT

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
LBJ, the president line. If only Lehtera or Berglund were big hitters too to pair with Jaskin.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I kinda like that Hitch is moving Stastny up and saying that they wanted to try this now as opposed to the end of the season.

If it works then this could be the loaded top 6 we see in the playoffs. We're going to need Stastny to play big minutes and come up big for us. That's why we signed him. So hopefully he can form some chemistry with the young guns and be ready to do that when it counts. This is what I've been saying - he might have been on the 3rd line most of this year, but pretty soon he'll be a regular top 6 center for us IMO. He's not really a 3rd line guy, that's just how the pieces fit with Lehtera's transition at first. But if we want to go far, Backes and Stastny are our best bets at the center position in the West.

Berglund-Lehtera-Jaskin is a big line. If they can use their size to protect the puck and cycle down low to wear the other team down, then they've done their job. Not the speediest line, but all we need from them is possession and we should be fine. Maybe they'll surprise with some points as well.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
He had what, 6 games with S/T? Nothing seemed to form and considering as soon as Stastny went with Bergy and Jaskin, the chemistry was almost instant. I'm not really holding my breath. Regardless of where Stastny is penciled in, he's a top 6 guy. He plays the minutes. I could see Hitch wanting a more defensively responsible Center with S/T though, but as far as point production, I think it's a step back. It has the potential to mess up 2 lines. But as BB said......figure it out now

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
There's nothing to lose and Lehtera won't be what he was at the start of the season in the playoffs IMO, so give Stastny more time with the kids and try to create a loaded to 6.

Mzeppelin1

Apr 26, 2014
Am I the only one who is kinda concerned about Lehtera come playoff time? First NHL season and seems like he has gotten a little soft/tired when I see him play.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
You still have to account for the added pressure on him with Tarasenko as his winger. Maybe a lighter assignment tonight will show a difference

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Lehtera is noticeably easy to knock off the puck for a big man. I question how effective he'll be in the playoffs, if at all. Putting Stastny with Schwartz and Tarasenko now is smart so they can build chemistry should we need to rely on them in the postseason.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Lehtera is noticeably easy to knock off the puck for a big man. I question how effective he'll be in the playoffs, if at all. Putting Stastny with Schwartz and Tarasenko now is smart so they can build chemistry should we need to rely on them in the postseason.

Lehterä sucks. Byout.

I think Jori isn't yet 100% fit after that concussion. Also that it was quite inevitable he will in some time be out of gas. I don't know how much that will affect his performance now when he is fully guarded. Remember how free they were first 20GP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad