Post-Game Talk: “You’re My Favourite Mistake” Oilers tank game 81 to let AZ close this franchise with a W

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
Oil come down with Valley Fever with likely more dump-ins within Mullet Arena toilets than the turd on the ice. Opportunity to sharpen the special teams also an afterthought as they opt to play the dupe a la Washington Generals. Much like the build up for this post-game thread, this was a waste of time.

Goodbye Desert Dogs. See you in five years. Time to buzz off to make way for the Utah Swarm or Utah Book of Mormons.
Should be appropriately renamed as Salt Lake City Saints, or something.

Dradavich

Nov 29, 2019
Canada
Alright oilers the deal is done, I will give you as many powerplays as you need this playoffs.
bettman_phone (1).jpg

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013
Oil come down with Valley Fever with likely more dump-ins within Mullet Arena toilets than the turd on the ice. Opportunity to sharpen the special teams also an afterthought as they opt to play the dupe a la Washington Generals. Much like the build up for this post-game thread, this was a waste of time.

Goodbye Desert Dogs. See you in five years. Time to buzz off to make way for the Utah Swarm or Utah Book of Mormons.
I hope not. Would be crushing for the existing fans, but even if there is a new arena deal the team still won't generate a large enough fanbase. AZ just isn't a hockey market, Bettman refused to admit it but it's the truth

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
I hope not. Would be crushing for the existing fans, but even if there is a new arena deal the team still won't generate a large enough fanbase. AZ just isn't a hockey market, Bettman refused to admit it but it's the truth
Was being a bit facetious but the market is too big. We see this pattern with Atlanta being talked about as a high target expansion market for the third strike. But no arena no bueno.

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013
Was being a bit facetious but the market is too big. We see this pattern with Atlanta being talked about as a high target expansion market for the third strike. But no arena no bueno.
Yeah I think it's inevitable. 36 team NHL is coming and the greedy owners/Bettman aren't going to turn down 4+ Billion in expansion fees.

My guess is we see Houston, Atlanta, Phoenix 2.0 (with the exact same outcome), and somewhere like KC. Combined 25M + people in their metro areas.

If the NHL full sells out and starts doing stupid play-in gimmicks like the NBA, I think my interest in this league will decrease drastically.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
Don’t understand the chest pumping by some on here.

Pretty sad day for a lot of people. Sure the team wasn’t profitable and caused the league a lot of headaches, but they’re leaving now. Show some class

They'll survive. They'll get a new team soon enough. This isn't like Quebec City or Hartford, actual "sad" events because you knew that was never coming back.

The league will do everything they can to go back to Arizona.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Yeah I think it's inevitable. 36 team NHL is coming and the greedy owners/Bettman aren't going to turn down 4+ Billion in expansion fees.

My guess is we see Houston, Atlanta, Phoenix 2.0 (with the exact same outcome), and somewhere like KC. Combined 25M + people in their metro areas.

If the NHL full sells out and starts doing stupid play-in gimmicks like the NBA, I think my interest in this league will decrease drastically.
Bettman's sole job is revenue creation for his bosses, the 31 and soon to be growing cartel partners. When he took over in 1992, the NHL's gross was US$400 million and now approaching $6 billion Sadly, it's not about the game or fans as Gary, owners and their player partners remind us when lock-outs roll around.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008

Pretty sad day for a lot of people. Sure the team wasn’t profitable and caused the league a lot of headaches, but they’re leaving now. Show some class
The organization has been a blight on the league since their inception. Didn’t see any tears from Colorado or Phoenix when Quebec and Winnipeg lost their teams. The only sad thing is that this bandaid should have pulled off 15 years ago.

Reactions: Oilhawks

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018

Don’t read other teams boards if they make you upset. If Oiler fans were shit talking in their thread you would have a point.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad