Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
1688399877675.png

FinnBear

Feb 21, 2016
Also to mind come

Zamuner
Slegr
Nylander (became good again after he left)
Grosek

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Jim Carey. Won the Vezina with the Capitals in 1995/1996, traded to the Bruins in part of the Jason Allison and Anson Carter / Adam Oates deal. played 29 games for the Bruins and 40 games for Providence, played 4 games with the Blues before ending his career.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Rex was good.

These guys weren’t.

Leetch
Stevens
(Was Coffey here for a, well, cup of coffee —-or am I misremembering?)
Nilan was a disgrace.

Yes, Coffey had a cup.

Harry and OC signed so many from the Over The Hill Gang it isn't funny.

Alexi Zhamnov and a slew of JAGS in the scramble to fill out his roster after OC did what the old man instructed and let their best players go, thinking they would snap up all kinds of gems for pennies after the lockout.

It really worked out.

Honestly. Leetch, Joey Mullen. Kevin Stevens. Way back, I couldn't believe it but that actually signed Guy LaPointe at the end of his career, which is very sad. Marty LaPointe was great for Patrice but unfortunately didn't work out. Rick Tochet?

Jozef Stumpel, a figure of tedious fun for the Awful Eddie Andleman and the eei dopes.

How about the immortal Jim Wiemer, a name which struck fear into the hearts of opponents?

Sinden pulling the trigger on that big Petri Skriko deal?

Jon Casey? Where's inane KPD when I need him? (Actually, take your stupid, mean spirited, cynical, hackneyed "Jon Casey and the Amazing Technicolor Five Hole" and place it properly, Kev.) John Blue, anyone? How about Blaine "Let 'Em In" Lacher, as KPD disparaged him (after initially hyping same as "the Lachness Monster")? Once a hack, always a hack. And that was the early 90s, ffs.

Hannu Toivonen and his mysteriously injured ankle.

The redoubtable Jason Allison, who, unbelievably, was the Bruins' captain at one point.

There's too many for me to name, or, frankly, care to remember.

I would say,

Adam Oates, outstanding trade.

Dave Poulin was an excellent acquisition and remains, like Chris Kelly, a personal favorite.

Reed Larson wasn't bad. Jeff Odgers. Jeff Lazaro. Steve Leach.

Andy Moog. Reggie. Byron Dafoe.

And that's just the 90s.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheReal13Linseman

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Yes, Coffey had a cup.

Harry and OC signed so many from the Over The Hill Gang it isn't funny.

Alexi Zhamnov and a slew of JAGS in the scramble to fill out his roster after OC did what the old man instructed and let their best players go, thinking they would snap up all kinds of gems for pennies after the lockout.

It really worked out.

Honestly. Leetch, Joey Mullen. Kevin Stevens. Way back, I couldn't believe it but that actually signed Guy LaPointe at the end of his career, which is very sad. Marty LaPointe was great for Patrice but unfortunately didn't work out. Rick Tochet?

Jozef Stumpel, a figure of tedious fun for the Awful Eddie Andleman and the eei dopes.

How about the immortal Jim Wiemer, a name which struck fear into opponents?

Sinden pulling the trigger on that big Petri Skriko deal?

Jon Casey? Where's inane KPD when I need him? (Actually, take your stupid, mean spirited, cynical, hackneyed "Jon Casey and the Amazing Technicolor Five Hole" and place it properly, Kev.) John Blue, anyone? How about Blaine "Let 'Em In" Lacher, as KPD disparaged him (after initially hyping same as "the Lachness Monster")? Once a hack, always a hack. And that was the early 90s, ffs.

Hannu Toivonen and his mysteriously injured ankle.

The redoubtable Jason Allison, who, unbelievably, was the Bruins' captain at one point.

There's too many for me to name, or, frankly, care to remember.

I would say,

Adam Oates, outstanding trade.

Dave Poulin was an excellent acquisition and remains, like Chris Kelly, a personal favorite.

Reed Larson wasn't bad. Jeff Odgers. Jeff Lazaro. Steve Leach.

Andy Moog. Reggie. Byron Dafoe.

And that's just the 90s.
To the tune of Billy Joel’s “We Didn’t Start the Fire”.

(Not the new version by Fallout Boy)

Reactions: GordonHowe

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Going waaaaaaaay back to the 1983-84 season how about these 2 guys ????

Guy Lapointe

Cp-a4QqWAAA5ocT.jpg

Jim Schoenfeld

jim-schoenfeld-autographed-photo-8x10-w-coa_ss2_p-10703484+u-qmxj4xoja5tu51dsnj4s+v-7f83b7b78c834ea5a58b1cd4e91b3cce.jpg

Here's a pic of our D-corps for that 83-84 season - looks pretty darn good. :thumbu:

tumblr_m20vrkJhHF1qm9rypo1_1280.jpg

Top Row: Milbury, Kluzak, Doak( Coach ), Hillier and Schoenfeld
Bottom Row: O'Connell, Bourque and Lapointe

Holy pooh. I had *no idea* Schoeny played for the Bruins. I always liked his fiery attitude playing for Buff.

And then there was 88 as NJD coach.

But I digress.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH