“They’ll blow it in the playoffs. “ Edmonton Oilers 2 vs LA Kings 3. Part Twa!!!!

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Hey Kings fans. Just wanted to say good luck before we're at each other's throats in a few days. I hope we can agree on one thing. Whoever wins, just humble those Canucks, if Nashville doesn'tget to it first, ha ha.

Cheers!

Sincerely,

An Oilers fan.

No thanks.\

Go hit some one footers at that wave pool in that mall in Edmonton, Silver Surfer.

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Everyone knows Edmonton is the better team historically, recently, and on paper.

Saying anything about it is repetitive and then some comments are looking like Stockholm Syndrome.

Thanks for the laughs!

Let's see what happens.

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
So hard to believe the Kings have not won a round since 2014. Wish the Kings had some size and toughness by now..the kind of player(s) that was Kolesar capable of tilting / ending a series...like when he clocked Tkachuk and that was lights out, for the Panthers. Not that you want to win by taking out the other teams best player....but at least capable of punking Nurse, Kane, McDavid, Drai, Perry, RNH etc. Who do they have to fear? Englund?

Seems like you have to draft some players that can play, but have size and toughness...and fight. Ziemmer had 5 majors and noted that Yannetti made note of that. I am glad they took Dvorak and Ziemmer, as the first 2 selections last June. Already signed both. Not that either is a year away. But maybe 2, with some luck. Englund and Gav have 1 more year. Here's hoping Dvorak really gets up to speed next yr with the Reign and ready for a late season callup. It's about time the Kings have one of these freakish 18-19 year olds (Wyatt Johnston, Zach Benson, etc) that can burst on the scene...but so unKinglike since Doug Smith...Jimmy Carson...Kyle Clifford.

Prospect pool not looking so great, willl need ones like Akil to push through and make an impact.
I so wish Clarke was in the NHL all year and the player he will be in 2 years, right now.
I would play Akil over Grundstrom or the stupid 11/7 lineup. Finally, a prospect arises to the occasion and makes a great impact with great play, scores goals and looks ready to take on the world...and they promote Carl? Nice, Carl, coming off a -2 game to the Oilers Bakersfield team. So just insert him in, to play the Oilers this round? Akil has way more hockey sense and a better feel for the game and clutch. Carl's hits are few and far between and never one a Kolesar type hit. Ever seen a Carl open ice hit? I don't think I have.

Remember 2012, when the pundits said 'Vancouver in round 1, vs Kings ...4-0 or 4-1" ? It took a great Kings team and a Dustin Brown Sedin hit...all players stepping up and a month later, raising the Cup. No one has big expectations for the Kings vs the Oilers....but the Kings will need soldiers and a player or 2 being Dustin Brown gamer.

Still pumped for Kings playoff hockey! I think they should show tape of the pre game of Vancouver 1 game, 2012 to the team and series and entire Cup run highlights, Monday morning.
At the conclusion, Hiller asks "who has June plans....Hawaii reservations? Anyone? If so, get the fukk out of this room". Yeah, that sounds more like Torts.

Last edited:

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Isn't it just the same jersey with white helmets and black gloves? Looks like crap.

If you want to do a 90's thing, then DO IT. These look way better:

s-l1600.jpg

Reactions: Nasti

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
odds0420.jpg

Not a bad bet by Portnoy, but he could've got better odds elsewhere.

Jets are undervalued. 46 regulation wins (most in the league), red hot (8 straight wins), and have arguably the best goalie in the league this season.

I don't see the justification for giving Carolina the best odds.

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
Alright it's a new day and my cynical pity party is over. It's the freaking playoffs after all. It's been a meme around here but it's also kinda true: it's hockey and anything can happen. Nobody expects an upset which would make it that much sweeter if they actually pulled it off. Beat those stupid Oilers and send them home in shame. Go Kings!

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
You can call it wallowing in negativity and misery all you want.
But things kind of suck with this team right now and that's becoming clearer as time goes on.
Doesn't mean we don't enjoy other things away from the team. Baseball has been great so far to the point where I haven't watched a Kings game in a month.
Been going to appointments for my upcoming baby and it's impossible to not love those.
Life is good everywhere but here, so yeah let people vent their frustrations if they need to. Ignore list is useful.
I don’t need to ignore it… I just want to see everyone loosen up a bit. I’ve vented more than once and my football team Liverpool is currently throwing away their season as well. But that’s life.

I guess my point is that this place used to be a bit more fun, no matter the situation with the team.

Ho-hum…

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
If we win this series, i will post the biggest, hairyest public apology in the history of public apologys.
I also would like to post a negative comment about the negative aspect of losing the series. We think that blake at least would be fired. BUT (and theres always a butt) AEG could just not give a shit and ignore our crack managemt team and its middling results/plan/monetary useage.
So, as always, i hope for the best. But whats best aint always pretty.
If we get knocked out in the 1st round and there isn’t regime change I’ll happily join in the ranting and dismay because that’d be utterly idiotic. A pathetic second round showing would justify some debate depending on the nature of the exit. If PLD was our best player and we are out in 7 games I’d be ok, if we went out in 4 and PLD was minus 10 we go back to the same answer as if it were a first round exit.

• Haha
Reactions: Surf Nutz

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
i have laughed at the athletic since shortly after it started but their prediction for the kings oilers series takes the cake: "la kings 0% chance to win".
i mean, i dont think the kings will win this series. but to give us 0% chance? these people really are the lowest effort idiots in sports journalisim. we certainly have some chance to win and im going with johnjm's prediction of a around 20%. even as cynical as i am, we certainly have a chance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad