“They’ll blow it in the playoffs. “ Edmonton Oilers 2 vs LA Kings 3. Part Twa!!!!

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
The Oilers are not weak on defense. I don't why people continually say that. It's one of those reputational things that never goes away I guess.
Bouchard turned into one of the best D-Men in the league
I guess it's the same people having fever dreams who predicted the Kings to be a contender

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Objectively the Kings do matchup better against the Oilers than last year. As bottom of the lineup players, Pierre and Andreas are upgrades over Kupari and Durzi, respectively. Oilers have also improved at depth positions but I don’t think they’ve improved more than the Kings relative to the previous season’s playoffs.

At the top of the lineup I think each team is a wash when it comes to positives over the last year. Hyman got 50, but Byfield hit twenty. Multiple Kings are healthy, but so is Draisaitl, so that’s also a wash.

My best read is that the Kings lose in 5 or 6, and this time, it’s clearly because of goaltending. The biggest flaw going into September is most likely to be the reason for heartbreak come early May.

Fat Elvis

El Guapo
Dec 25, 2003
On Lebowski's rug
Visit site
What gets me is folks saying that 11 and 8 "know how to win" and "know what it takes to win the cup". The reality is that they haven't won jack squat without Carter, Williams, Richards, Mitchell, Greene, Stoll, Regehr and Brown. They haven't won a single playoff series being "the Guys". Just because they won 10 years ago does not make them winners per say. Both HOF players, but neither has that "it" factor some of the names above carry with them when it comes to playoff hockey. It's time they show up. Action speaks louder than words.

Reactions: tigermask48

FrozenKing18

Goongala! Goongala!
Aug 11, 2009
SoCal
I wasn’t around all that much for the 1st round, and completely missed 2nd round. 3rd times the charm or are we getting destroyed?

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Stay full healthy.
PLD plays his best hockey.
Get good goaltending.
Have the bounces go our way.
Skinner has a bad series.

That's what has to happen for LA to have a chance.
Stopping McDavid is the only things that will give the Kings a chance. His will is unstoppable when he wants to enforce it. They can't give him space and time by doing 1-3-1.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Stopping McDavid is the only things that will give the Kings a chance. His will is unstoppable when he wants to enforce it. They can't give him space and time by doing 1-3-1.
He had 10pts in 6 games against Vegas last year.
He had 10pts in 6 games against LA last year.

In the last two playoffs he has 53 points in his last 28 playoff games.

You're not going to stop him.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
He had 10pts in 6 games against Vegas last year.
He had 10pts in 6 games against LA last year.

In the last two playoffs he has 53 points in his last 28 playoff games.

You're not going to stop him.
Then there's nothing else that can be done. Kings give him way too much room.

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
At the top of the lineup I think each team is a wash when it comes to positives over the last year. Hyman got 50, but Byfield hit twenty. Multiple Kings are healthy, but so is Draisaitl, so that’s also a wash.
I usually am pretty agreeable to your takes, but how are the top of the lineups a wash?

In what alternate reality are McDavid, Hyman, Draisatl not significantly better in every way other than maybe defense than Kopitar, Byfield, Kempe?

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
I usually am pretty agreeable to your takes, but how are the top of the lineups a wash?

In what alternate reality are McDavid, Hyman, Draisatl not significantly better in every way other than maybe defense than Kopitar, Byfield, Kempe?
Hey man, even the most cynical fan retains foolish hope. What else explains coming back every year for over 30 years and preparing for another kick to the bag.

Reactions: Gjwrams

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
What gets me is folks saying that 11 and 8 "know how to win" and "know what it takes to win the cup". The reality is that they haven't won jack squat without Carter, Williams, Richards, Mitchell, Greene, Stoll, Regehr and Brown. They haven't won a single playoff series being "the Guys". Just because they won 10 years ago does not make them winners per say. Both HOF players, but neither has that "it" factor some of the names above carry with them when it comes to playoff hockey. It's time they show up. Action speaks louder than words.

They're more used to losing than winning once you take those listed players out. First round exits in 2010 and 2011. They reached their peak from 2012 to 2014, and have had nothing but failure since then.

2015 - Missed playoffs.
2016 - First round exit (in 5 games to San Jose).
2017 - Missed playoffs.
2018 - First round exit (in 4 games to Vegas).
2019 - Missed playoffs.
2020 - Missed playoffs.
2021 - Missed playoffs.
2022 - First round exit (in 7 games to Edmonton).
2023 - First round exit (in 6 games to Edmonton).

I'd say a more accurate statement would be that they've forgotten how to win, and don't have the leadership around to help them get to the next level.

If you look at that decade of failure, and see that they haven't won a single series, and have a playoff record of 6-16 in that stretch, it is nothing but disappointment.

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
The way this goes is predictable…

1st Round elimination- Everyone wants BLuc gone (rightly so)
2nd Round elimination- Everybody panics that BLuc will stay
WCF Elimination - The fans are adamant that the players have overachieved and that BLuc suck. All of it is down to the players.
SCF Elimination - Fans knew the run was just a mad fluke, want BLuc gone because they are clueless. The players are rubbish really.
Cup Win - Yay we won… but we hate BLuc with a decade of failure ahead. Trade everyone!!!!!

I am joking obviously but some of the stuff on here currently is mind numbing. Most of all it’s boring with 95% of the posts saying exactly the same thing, they themselves posted the day before. Everyone needs to stop wallowing in their negativity and misery. Enjoy life a bit more people!!!!

I’m also not defending anything, as I’m fully expecting a 1st round exit.

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
I am joking obviously but some of the stuff on here currently is mind numbing. Most of all it’s boring with 95% of the posts saying exactly the same thing, they themselves posted the day before. Everyone needs to stop wallowing in their negativity and misery. Enjoy life a bit more people!!!
You can call it wallowing in negativity and misery all you want.
But things kind of suck with this team right now and that's becoming clearer as time goes on.
Doesn't mean we don't enjoy other things away from the team. Baseball has been great so far to the point where I haven't watched a Kings game in a month.
Been going to appointments for my upcoming baby and it's impossible to not love those.
Life is good everywhere but here, so yeah let people vent their frustrations if they need to. Ignore list is useful.

Reactions: chris kontos

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
If we win this series, i will post the biggest, hairyest public apology in the history of public apologys.
I also would like to post a negative comment about the negative aspect of losing the series. We think that blake at least would be fired. BUT (and theres always a butt) AEG could just not give a shit and ignore our crack managemt team and its middling results/plan/monetary useage.
So, as always, i hope for the best. But whats best aint always pretty.

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
this is the first time out of 3 that kings are going in with all players healthy. Not that it makes it easier to play Mcdrai.

They said Kopitar was injured 3 games ago and he looked off to me.
at least the positive is that most of us except axl know that this is probably a sweep easily. This Kings team is much more stupid than the other ones. There's no "playoff Kings will wake up now that they're in". Nope, they're just some random idiots now who blew a three goal lead against the worst team in the NHL. That is who is going to show up.

Realistically. Kings lose against Edmonton by sweep most likely, and at least that awful GM will be out of here.

at least the positive is that most of us except axl know that this is probably a sweep easily. This Kings team is much more stupid than the other ones. There's no "playoff Kings will wake up now that they're in". Nope, they're just some random idiots now who blew a three goal lead against the worst team in the NHL. That is who is going to show up.

Realistically. Kings lose against Edmonton by sweep most likely, and at least that awful GM will be out of here.
When Sol says it, it's wrong 9 times out of 10.

Therefore the Kings win at least 2 and Blake as stated previously is still giving you migraines come September.
Kings in seven bitches.6

Reactions: Ghetty Green

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-19 6.51.39 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-19 6.51.39 PM.png
    481.6 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: Kingsfan1